1. Repository Architecture
UKOLN is supported by:
A centre of expertise in digital information management
• do we need another ‘architecture’?
– perhaps we can make better use of what already exists (and works well)
• is there anything truly new in this problem space?
• haven’t we been here before (or at least somewhere in the vicinity)?
– Content Management Systems (CMS) of the last six years
• can we learn from other domains?
– document management
– records management
– open data - addressable data objects
– open notebook science - workflows