Be the first to like this
In Massachusetts, there's a strong priority on helping English Language Learners (ELLs) develop academic language. To do this, we know that effective instruction for ELLs requires both content and language instruction. However, crafting effective language goals for ELLs may require some support. ESL educators are asking a variety of questions, including:
- What does an effective language objective look like?
- How do I use WIDA to help craft language objectives?
- Who can I learn from and are there best practices?
Join ESL colleagues from across Massachusetts for a free webinar focused on the development of effective language objectives on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 from 4:00-5:00 PM Eastern.
UP Academy Lawrence ELL teacher Allison Balter and Ellevation CEO Jordan Meranus will explore effective practices, tips and takeaways, teacher success stories, and a model for crafting language goals - and will leave plenty of time for Q&A. We'll cover:
- The importance of language goals.
- A step-by-step process for crafting powerful language goals.
- How to use WIDA's resources (CAN DO Descriptors, MPIs, etc.) to inform the development of language goals.
- Examples of language goals and use in a classroom.