Organize the Digital Archive of a person, real or imaginary
— In teams of 3-4 people, choose your subject: the life and accomplishments of
an important person, real or imagined
— Gather up resources about this person’s life: text, image, audio, video
— Propose the best method for organizing this archive:
• What are the organization principle(s) of the site?
• How are LATCH + CM methods used in this organization?
• How is a unit of information (audio, video, image, story)
connected/linked to other information?
• What audience(s) is the site meant to address?
— Create a summary presentation of what you plan to do
• Each group must design an online presentation summarizing their
• Identify the navigation structure of major pages
• Visualize the structure of the site
• Match the features of the site to the user needs
• Communicate an overview of what you learn to the group
— James Turrell http://jamesturrell.com/
— Philip Glass http://www.philipglass.com/
— Allen Ginsberg http://allenginsberg.org
— Bob Dylan http://www.bobdylan.com/us/home
— Wim Wenders http://www.wim-wenders.com/
— Francois Truffaut http://www.francoistruffaut.com/
— Alvar Aalto http://www.alvaraalto.fi/
— Martin Luther King http://www.thekingcenter.org/archive
— Nelson Mandela http://www.nelsonmandela.org/
Suggested inspirational sites