1. How is the VIVOOntologyStructured? Paul AlbertThis project is funded by the National Institutes of Health, U24RR029822, "VIVO: Enabling National Networking of Scientists".
2. Data StorageData in VIVO is stored using ResourceDescription Framework (RDF) Subject Predicate Object Walter Mondale head of Trilateral Commission
3. Semantic Representation of Data has author Andrew McDonald Mining the record: Historical evidence for… author of research area academic staff   in research area for academic staff has author author of taught by research area crop management Susan Riha teaches research area for headed byCSS 4830 NYS WRI head of faculty appointment in features faculty members person featured in Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Cornell’s supercomputers crunch weather data to help farmers manage chemicals
4. Reasoning with Ontologies Organization Reasoning adds triples to your system- College Library creates new data. •  All Colleges are Organizations. Department •  All Libraries are Organizations. Museum •  All Departments are Organizations. •  All Museums are Organizations.
8. VIVO Ontology Localization•  Different localization required by different institutions –  UF, Cornell, IU, WASHU, Scripps•  How to make localization: –  Adding local namespace: •  UF: http://vivo.ufl.edu/ontology/vivo-ufl/ •  core: http://vivoweb.org/ontology/core# –  Local classes are the subclasses of the VIVO Core •  foaf:Agent à foaf:Organization à ufVivo:Non- Governmental Organization
9. Helpful ResourceAn accessible intro tothe Semantic Web