Maxwell Pangasinan
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×
 

Maxwell Pangasinan

on

  • 1,164 views

 

Statistics

Views

Total Views
1,164
Views on SlideShare
1,164
Embed Views
0

Actions

Likes
0
Downloads
21
Comments
0

0 Embeds 0

No embeds

Accessibility

Categories

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Microsoft PowerPoint

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment

Maxwell Pangasinan Maxwell Pangasinan Presentation Transcript

  • I. Map of Region I (Ilocos Region)
  • II. Geographical Location
  • Location of the Ilocos Region in the map of the Philippines.
  • III. Political Map (Pangasinan)
  • IV. Economic Map
  • V. Profile of Different Cities and Municipalities of Pangasinan
  • AGNO The municipality’s name was derived from a swamp tree called “Agno Casto”, a chaste tree used for medicinal concoctions to relieve pain and illness, which grew abundantly in the locality. Agno became a municipality in 1791 beacause during the Spanish administration and early part of the American era, it was a part of the province of Zambales, but upon enactment of Public Act No. 1004 dated November 30, 1903 of the Philippine Commission, the northern part of Zambales which includes the municipality of Agno, was moved to the Province of Pangasinan.
  • Some facts about Agno: LAND AREA:  POPULATION:  NO. OF BRGY.:  CLASSIFICATION:  TOWN FIESTA:  PRODUCTS:  18,107 hectares 26,156 17 3rd class During the last Saturday or Sunday of April Rice, Bamboo
  • TOURIST ATTRACTIONS:
  • AGUILAR This was founded as a municipality in July 16, 1805 through a decree issued by Governor General Rafael Maria de Aguilar whom this town was named after.  The locals maintained that Aguilar was identified with an eagle or agila in Filipino that used to fly around the place at night time and would alight on a fence or what they call alar when tired of flying, hence, “agila” and “alar” was put together to form the word AGUILAR.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Aguilar: LAND AREA:  POPULATION:  NO. OF BRGY.:  CLASSIFICATION:  TOWN FIESTA: PRODUCTS: 19,506 hectares 35,436 16 3rd class March 18 Rice, Corn,Vegetable, Taho, Mango, Deremen, Suman
  • TOURIST ATTRACTIONS:     St. Joseph Church (1810) Nambersian  Mapita Trail World War II Landmark 
  • ALAMINOSIslands” CITY “The Home of the Hundred This city used to be a part of the municipality of Bolinao.  It became an independent town in 1747.   The town got its name in 1872 in honour of Lieutenant Governor General Alaminos, the Governor General of the Philippines. The town became a city in 2001 by the Republic Act 9025, an Act Converting the Municipality into a City. Alaminos is the home to the Hundred Islands National Park, the very first national park in the Philippines.  It is also the heart of Western Pangasinan, its center of commerce, finance, education, industry and services.
  • Some facts about the city of Alaminos:   LAND AREA:  POPULATION: NO. OF BRGY:  CLASSIFICATION:  FIESTA: 16,426 hectares 79,788 39 5th class; component city March 18-19; Galila Hundred Islands Festival
  •  INDUSTRIES/PRODUCTS: Noodles (bihon) Salt Boneless/Processed Bangus Processed Meat  TOURIST ATTRACTIONS: Parish of St. Joseph Church (1766) Hundred Islands Hundred Islands National Park Lucap Wharf Bolo Beach Caves
  • ALCALA The town was formerly called “Dangla”, a barrio in the town of Bayambang.  On September 20, 1875, Royal Decree No. 682 was issued making the place a municipality. It was derived from the name of a town in Spain where the then Governor of Pangasinan came from. The cultural heritage of the town can be traced from its early settlers who came all the way from the Ilocos Provinces riding mainly on animal-drawn carts. 
  • Some facts about the municipality of Alcala:   LAND AREA:  5,508 hectares POPULATION:  39,397 NO. OF BRGY:  21 CLASSIFICATION: 3rd class FIESTA: May 1-3 PRODUCTS/INDUSTRIES: tobacco, corn, livestock and poultry, woodcraft, candle making
  • ANDA Anda was part of the Province of Zambales before. Upon the enactment of Public Act No. 1004 dated November 30, 1903, it was joined to the Province of Pangasinan. The Municipality of Anda is the only island town of Pangasinan.  It is now linked to the municipal mainland through a 400 meter long bridge across the Kakiputan Channel.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Agno: LAND AREA:  POPULATION:  NO. OF BRGY:  CLASSIFICATION:  INDUSTRIES: 8,380 hectares 34,620 18 3rd class Salt, Palm/Mango Vinegar, Honey Bee, Buri Products
  • TOURIST ATTRACTIONS:      Tondol White Sand Beach Pannacalan Island  Cangnaluyan Island Tanduyong Island Grotto of St. Lourdes
  • ASINGAN When the Malays moved to the Philippines, some reached Pangasinan, which caused the kingdom raze to the ground.  The Malays forced the Aeta warriors led by their woman chieftain to abandon their stronghold and to retreat to the hills on the east. In one of the encounters between the Malay settlers and Aeta warriors, the woman chieftain was slain. The Aetas fled to the eastern part of the Sierra Madre Mountains where their descendants still live today.
  • And when the Spaniards came to the village, they found the inhabitants to be very hostile or “naasing” in the Ilocano dialect.  With this aggressive attitude, the Spaniards named the locality “Villa De Asingan”, meaning “the town of the hostile”. Later, it was shortened to “Asingan”.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Asingan:  LAND AREA:  POPULATION:  NO. OF BRGY:  CLASSIFICATION:  FIESTA: PRODUCTS:  6,759 hectares 54,092 21 4th class   April 23-25 Rice,Vegetables, Loom weaving POINTS OF INTEREST:  St. Louis Bertrand Parish (1669)
  • BALUNGAO The town was still a part of Cuyapo, Nueva Ecija in the old times but, considering its geographical location, it was segregated from the township of Cuyapo, Nueva Ecija in the later part of the 18th century.  Shortly after the revolution, it was annexed to the Municipality of Rosales and it was then named “Panaclaban”.  However, by virtue of a Spanish Royal Family Decree, Balungao became an independent town.
  • The town of Balungao got its unique name from a young widowed, beautiful lasso.  People were fascinated by her beauty and soon named her “BALUN-UGAW” in the native dialect, meaning “young widower”. 
  • Some facts about the municipality of Balungao: LAND AREA:  7,325 hectares POPULATION:  25,214 NO. OF BRGY:  20 CLASSIFICATION: 4th class TOWN FIESTA: March 16-21 FESTIVAL:  Goat Festival March 2010 INDUSTRIES/PRODUCTS: Rice, Corn, Livestock and Poultry     POINTS OF INTEREST: Mt. Balungao Hot & Cold Spring
  • BANI It was formerly named San Simon, which was once a part of Northern Zambales but on November 21, 1903, it was annexed to the Province of Pangasinan. What brought about the transfer of the town to its present location and at the same time its name from San Simon to Bani was based on a miracle story.  It is said that during one town fiesta celebration, the statue of their patron saint disappeared from the altar. 
  • They found it under a big tree called “bani” which was three kilometers from the town proper.  The people returned it to the altar but the following morning, the statue was again under the said tree.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Bani:   LAND AREA: 20, 911 hectares      POPULATION:  42, 824 NO. OF BRGY:  27 CLASSIFICATION:  2nd class     PRODUCTS:  aquaculture products, salt, watermelon, rice, yellow corn
  • TOURIST ATTRACTIONS: Reedemer’s Way of the cross  Bangrin Mangrove Protected Area (birdwatching site)  Surip Beach  Tubong Beach  Nalsoc Cave    Abot-Aso Cave  Balingawa Falls  Matmatbag Rolling Hills 
  • BASISTA Basista was once a biggest and most progressive barrio of San Carlos City. This town was born by a long legal battle. On September 5, 1961, President Carlos P. Garcia issued Executive Order No. 44 creating the town of Basista composed of 13 barrios. Republic Act No. 4866 was enacted into law and legally created Basista as a town of Pangasinan.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Basista:   LAND AREA:  POPULATION:  NO. OF BRGY: CLASSIFICATION:  TOWN FIESTA:  Sunday PRODUCT: INDUSTRY:  3,050 hectares  26,616 13 4th class 3rd Saturday and of March     rope, corn cottage industry
  • BAUTISTA “Home of the Lupang Hinirang”. Bautista gained its municipal status in 1900.  It is in this town where Jose Palma wrote his poem “Filipinas” which became the lyrics of the Philippine National Anthem. Bautista is also famous for its “walis tambo”, thus, it is called the “The Walis Tambo Capital of Pangasinan”.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Bautista:   LAND AREA:  POPULATION:  NO. OF BRGY:  CLASSIFICATION:  FIESTA:  PRODUCTS:  INDUSTRIES:  4,632 hectares  32,000 18 4th class June 23-24 rice, corn, tobacco, onions, ampalaya, string beans, watermelon, rock melon  walis tambo (broom) making, buro (fermented rice and fish) making
  • BAYAMBANG The municipalities of Bautista, Alcala, Sto. Tomas and Rosales were once part of the old Bayambang.  Today, its size had been reduced after the aforesaid municipality’s attained municipal status. Bayambang was founded in the 16th century by an Aeta known as Agalet.
  • The name of the town according to the legend came from the name of a plant called “balangbang”.  As years passed by, the plant became extinct but the name “Bayambang” was retained and was given to designate the town.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Bayambang: LAND AREA: POPULATION: NO. OF BRGY: CLASSIFICATION: TOWN FIESTA: FESTIVAL: 18,305 hectares 96,609 77 1st class April 5-10 Malangsi Fishtival (1st week of April) PRODUCTS: yellow corn, onion, fish buro, rice crackers POINTS OF INTEREST: Parish of St.Vincent Ferrer (1614), Mangabul Lake
  • BINALONAN The town’s name is an evolution of the Ilocano term “balon”, which means “packed lunch”, or in Tagalog, baon. In a traditional story, which now plays an important role in the town’s history, the area was originally owned by a Spaniard named Don Salvador.  It was told that he instructed his men to put up crude wooden fences along the property to establish his ownership.  During the course of their work, Don Salvador’s men used to have their lunch and rest under camachile trees.  Don Salvador offered his pasture lands to immigrants from Ilocos.  He said that the land is the place where people bring their “balon” to eat. 
  • Some facts about the municipality of Binalonan: LAND AREA: 8,400 hectares POPULATION: 52,722 NO. OF BRGY: 24 CLASSIFICATION: 1st class TOWN FIESTA: February 18-22 PRODUCTS: sugar cane, rice, feeds, cornik, basi/tuba, ornamental plants & earthen pots
  • BINMALEY Binmaley derived its name from the Pangasinan phrase “nanmaliwyabaley”, meaning, a place or territory that has been converted into a town because it is believed that the municipality was formerly a part of the town of Binalatongan, now known as San Carlos City. The town is famous for its bangus (milkfish) aquaculture due to the existence of its numerous fishponds (pokok in the Pangasinan language).
  • Some facts about the municipality of Binmaley:   LAND AREA:  POPULATION:  NO. OF BRGY: CLASSIFICATION: TOWN FIESTA: PAROCHIAL FIESTA: 6,120 hectares  98,430 33 1st class February 1 February 2
  •  INDUSTRIES:        fishing wood furniture making pottery-rubber-by-product making fish processing bagoong making lime production noodles production
  • POINTS OF INTEREST:      Binmaley Beach  People’s Park  J.P. Rizal Park  BinmaleyPresidencia  Binmaley Museum and Display Center  Binmaley Catholic School  Mary Help of Christians Seminary  Our Lady of Purification Parish Church  General MacArthur Lingayen Gulf Landing Marker 
  • BOLINAO Historians have no exact record on the date Bolinao was created.  It was presumed that the town was created by virtue of a Royal Decree of Spain.  Records show that it was the year 1575 when Spanish Captain Pedro Lombi founded the first settlement with more or less 100 settlers.  The Municipal Council of Bolinao, by virtue of its Resolution No. 104 dated September 19, 1988 adopted July 25, 1575 as the Foundation Day of Bolinao in honor of the Patron Saint of the town, St. James the Great.
  • Bolinao was made a part of the Province of Pangasinan upon the enactment of Public Act No. 1004 dated November 30, 1903 of the Philippine Commission. There are three (3) versions where the name Bolinao came from.  The name of the town could have been derived from the “Pamulinawen” tree which grew in abundance along the beaches.  The second story claims that the name of the municipality came from the fish species “monamon” commonly called “Bolinao” by the Tagalogs, Bicolanos and Visayans.  The third one is associated with the couple Bolido and Anao.  The combination of their names created the name Bolinao, which is the name of the town.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Bolinao: LAND AREA: 23,320 hectares  POPULATION:   69,568 NO. OF BRGY:  30 CLASSIFICATION:  1st class TOWN FIESTA:   Every 3rd week of April PAROCHIAL FIESTA: July 25 (adopted as Bolinao Foundation Day) FESTIVAL:  Mangunguna Festival (April 24)
  • MAJOR SOURCES OF INCOME/LIVELIHOOD:  Farming, fishing as a major supplier of  bangus to Navotas and Malbon small-scale and cottage industries, salt making,  rope making, shell craft, bagoong making, buri mat  weaving,  dried fish making, charcoal making, bamboo and woodcrafts.
  • POINTS OF INTEREST:  Enchanted Cave  Bolinao Museum  Cape Bolinao Lighthouse  UPMSI (Marine Laboratory) Pacific Farms, Inc.  Bolinao Falls  Tara Falls  Balingasay River Patar Beach  St. Claire Monastery  St. James the Fortress Parish (1609) 
  • BUGALLON The municipality of Bugallon was formerly called “Salasa”.  It was founded in January 24, 1719.  The town was named after the town’s hero, Major Jose Torres  Bugallon, who was born in Salasa.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Bugallon: LAND AREA:  POPULATION:   NO. OF BRGY:  CLASSIFICATION:  TOWN FIESTA: PRODUCTS:  16,652 hectares 62,929 24 2nd class November 29-30 rice, mango, antique home furnishings fruit wine/vinegar, sawali, duhat wine
  • POINTS OF INTEREST:  Shrine of the Our Lady of Lourdes/Salasa Chruch (1720)  Busay Waterfalls  Mt. Zion Pilgrim’s Site Biak-na-Bato Falls  Gen. Torres Bugallon Park
  • BURGOS Burgos was founded as an independent town in 1830 by the early Ilocanos from Paoay, Ilocos Norte headed by Don Matias Guiang.  As the settlement grew thickly populated and extensive, Don Matias Guiang led a petition to the Governor of Zambales to create a new town out of the settlement.  The request was granted and the new town was named San Isidro which was finally renamed Burgos, after the Filipino martyr priest who was executed during the Spanish regime. The town of Burgos was ceded to the Province of Pangasinan by virtue of Public Act No. 1004 dated November 30, 1903 of the Philippine Commission.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Burgos: LAND AREA:     POPULATION:     NO. OF BRGY:     CLASSIFICATION:     FIESTA:     PRODUCTS:     14,025 hectares  18, 142 14 4th class May 14-15 rice, bamboo, charcoal, coconut, fish TOURIST ATTRACTIONS:     Cabongaoan White Sand Beach, Sangbay Falls, Danao Lake, Rolling Hills, Pao Beach, Paratek Beach
  • CALASIAO “Aliguas Calasiao!” The Municipality of Calasiao is the second oldest town in the Province of Pangasinan.  It was founded by the Dominicans in the year 1588.  CALASIAO is derived from the root word “LASI” which means a place of lightning. Calasiao is where one can find the pilgrim site of the Señor Divino Tesoro and the only NCCA acknowledged cultural treasure in Pangasinan, the Sts. Peter & Paul Parish Church. It is also the home of the famous and tasty Calasiao Puto.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Calasiao: LAND AREA:     POPULATION:     NO. OF BRGY:   CLASSIFICATION:   FIESTA:  FESTIVAL:   PRODUCTS:     5,339 hectares  85,528 24 1st class Calasiao Feast of Señor Divino Tesoro (May) Puto Festival rice, corn, vegetables, bananas, mangoes
  • COTTAGE INDUSTRIES : hat, basket and mat weaving, blacksmith, native cake making, bocayo manufacturing,  Calasiao puto making TOURIST ATTRACTIONS:   Divine Image of Señor DivinoTesoro Sts. Peter & Paul Church (1588)
  • DAGUPAN CITY “Home of the tastiest milkfish in the world and Birthplace of Philippine Modern Art & National Artist VICTORIO EDADES” Dagupan City was originally named Bacnotan by the Augustinian missionaries a few years after the establishment of the Spanish encomienda in Pangasinan in 1583.  In 1660, Andres Malong, a local chieftain, led a revolt against the Spaniards for imposing forced labor.  After the revolt, the people rebuilt the town. To commemorate the gathering forces under Malong, the place was renamed to “Nandaragupan” which means “where people meet”. 
  • In 1780, the name of the town was simplified to Dagupan, followed by the end of Spanish rule in July 23, 1898 when the Spanish troops surrendered to the Katipunan leader, General Francisco Makabulos. The first civil government was established in February 16, 1901 with the holding of the first elections through “viva voce”. Dagupan became a city on June 20, 1947 by virtue of Republic Act No. 170, a law known as the City Charter of Dagupan.
  • Some facts about the city of Dagupan: LAND AREA :     4,008 hectares POPULATION:     50,424 NO. OF BRGY:     31 CLASSIFICATION:   1st class city FIESTA IN HONOR OF ST. JOHN: Dec. 1-30 FESTIVAL:   Bangus Festival (April 15-30)
  • POINTS OF INTEREST:   Cathedral Parish of St. John the Evangelist (1614)  Tondaligan Beach  Dawel River Cruise INDUSTRIES:   agricultural,  livestock and poultry,  fishery and aquatic resources
  • DASOL In the early part of the 18th century, Dasol was just a part of a municipality which today comprises the municipalities of Mabini, Burgos and Dasol. Dasol got its name from a medicinal herb called “dosol” which abounds in the area.  The plants have oval leaves and green in color, which was commonly used to cure infected wounds.  The Spaniards hardly pronounced “DOSOL” when spoken. The word sounded “DASOL”.  It became its official name when it was created as a municipality.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Dasol: LAND AREA:     18,816 hectares POPULATION:     27,027 NO. OF BRGY:     18 CLASSIFICATION:     3rd class TOWN FIESTA:     Feb. 18-20     PRODUCTS:     salt, rice, fruit wine/vinegar
  • POINTS OF INTEREST:  Macalang White Beach Osmeña White Beach Tambobong White Sand  Magunao Beach Colibra Island  Balas Nagtaros Island  Nalasin Island  Polo Camas  Rongaab Cave  Crocodile Island  Noah’s Park Beach
  • INFANTA Originally, the town of Infanta was a barrio of the Municipality of Sta. Cruz, Zambales.  Infanta became a regular municipality by virtue of a Superior Decree issued by the Spanish government on October 4, 1876. Since the town was the offspring of the Municipality of Sta. Cruz, it was named Infanta meaning “young”.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Infanta: LAND AREA:   POPULATION:   NO. OF BRGY:  CLASSIFICATION: TOWN FIESTA:   INDUSTRIES:   25, 429 hectares  23,731 13 3rd class April 29-30 farming, fishing, salt making     POINTS OF INTEREST:   Beaches of Infanta, Salt Farms
  • LABRADOR The municipality was formerly known as San Isidro Labrador in honor of its Patron Saint, St. Isidro Labrador.  The town was created in the year 1754 and was headed by Captain Vicente Escano.  In the year 1939, it became an independent town and renamed LABRADOR by virtue of Republic Act No. 2390.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Labrador: LAND AREA:   11,233 hectares  POPULATION:   20,508 NO. OF BRGY:     10 CLASSIFICATION: 5th class TOWN FIESTA:   May 14 to 15 FESTIVAL:   Holistic Festival (February 27)
  • POINTS OF INTEREST:   Parish of St. Isisdro Labrador (1765) Tandoc Falls Tinakayan Falls Beautiful beaches PRODUCTS:   broom making and sawali making
  • LAOAC Laoac is the youngest town of Pangasinan. The barrios constituting Laoac were all part of the town of Manaoag.  The town was created by virtue of a Republic Act on March 5, 1980.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Laoac: LAND AREA:   POPULATION:   NO. OF BRGY:   CLASSIFICATION:   FIESTA:  PRODUCTS:   cane/palm vinegar, fruit 4,050 hectares 28,266 22 4th class March 5-7     sugar
  • LINGAYEN Lingayen is dubbed “The Heart, the Soul, and the Face” of the Province of Pangasinan. The municipality got its name from a certain corpulent tamarind tree that grew at the present town plaza.  The tree was exceptionally big, tall and spreading that the surrounding trees were just dwarfs in comparison.  Passersby developed the habit of  looking back and back again at this corpulent tree until it would vanish from their view. 
  • When they arrived home and were asked what way they took in return, they would simply say through Lingayen meaning “looking back”.  Since then up to the present time, the town bears its name as “LINGAYEN.” Lingayen is the home of the most delectable bagoong.  The theory of some makers is that the salinity of the air is a factor why fish fermenting is very ideal in Lingayen.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Lingayen: LAND AREA:     6,613 hectares POPULATION:     95,773 NO. OF BRGY:     32 CLASSIFICATION:  1st class TOWN FIESTA:   1st Saturday and Sunday of January PISTA’Y DAYAT:     Last week of April – May 1 INDUSTRIES:     bangus and aquaculture, bagoong/patis  making,nipa Vinegar, nipa roof shingles making,  furniture making, coconut midribs and buri crafts, rice
  • TOURIST ATTRACTIONS:  Lingayen Gulf Beach Club Limahong Channel MacArthur Landing Marker Capitol Building  Urduja House Sison Auditorium Epiphany of Our Lord’s Parish Church Ramos Ancestral House/Museum Lingayen View Park Veterans Memorial Park Narciso Ramos Sports and Civic Center  Plaza de Lingayen  Lingayen Airport Epiphany of Our Lord Parish Church (1575)
  • MABINI The town of Mabini was once a part of Zambales and was formerly known as Balincaguin.  The town was later named Mabini in honor of the great Sublime Paralytic and Brains of the Revolution.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Mabini: LAND AREA:     23,063 hectares POPULATION:   23,338 NO. OF BRGY:     16     CLASSIFICATION:  3rd class TOWN FIESTA: January 16-17
  • TOURIST ATTRACTIONS: Cacupangan Cave   Binmatya Cave  Ara-saas & Sto. Rosario Cave  Balincaguin River  Timore Mountain PRODUCTS:     mangoes, cashew nuts, vegetables, poultry, baskets & sawali     
  • MALASIQUI The municipality traces its origins during the middle of the 17th century when Spanish friars opened a mission intended to convert the native population to Catholicism.  Several families grouped together for mutual protection from wild beasts and lawless elements.  Three missionary priests were sent to the settlement.  Having surveyed the settlement, two of the priests did not admire the place. 
  • One of them was heard to have remarked in Spanish “Mala” meaning “No good”. The other readily nodded in agreement and was heard to have replied in Spanish “Si” meaning “Yes”.  But the third priest was determined to settle with the natives than the other two, so he was heard to have protested in Spanish saying “Yqui?” meaning “So what?”.  The natives who heard the short dialogue but did not understand the language thought that the priest gave a name to the settlement.  They heard the priests uttered the following words in succession “Mala-si-yqui”.  From that time the settlement has been known as Malasiqui.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Malasiqui: LAND AREA:     12,378 hectares POPULATION:     124,211 NO. OF BRGY:     73 CLASSIFICATION:   1st class TOWN FIESTA:   January 17-22 PRODUCTS:     rice, corn, vegetables, mango POINTS OF INTEREST:    Parish of San Ildefonso (1699)
  • MANAOAG “Pilgrims Center of the North” Manaoag began as a small settlement of Cawili, now the town of San Jacinto, by the banks of Baloquing Creek in the early 1600’s.  Some years later, the Augustinian Fathers established a Christian Mission which was originated and regarded as the Mission of Sta. Monica.  Being devout of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Dominican  Fathers who succeeded the Augustinians placed the settlements under the mantle of protection of the “Queen of the Most Holy Rosary”.  
  • It was often believed that a farmer saw a lady with a child, clothed in white in a blinding light showed atop a tree saying in a sweet voice:  “Son, I want a church in my honor.  My children shall receive many favors in this place”.  Immediately upon arriving home, the farmer related the story to his family, friends and neighbors.  The story spread and droves of people began going to the place to verify the story of the “Virgin Mary who calls”.  Upon their return home, they were asked where they came from and answered “Dimad Apo Ya Mantatawag”. 
  • The expression in English literally mean:  “From the Lady Who Call”.  Then the term evolved into “Mantawag”.  In both Pangasinan and Ilocano dialects, “Manaoag” means “to call”.  Eventually the word “Manaoag”, was derived and remained the name of the town. Manaoag is often referred to as the Catholic Mecca in this part of Luzon.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Manaoag: LAND AREA:     POPULATION:     NO. OF BRGY:     CLASSIFICATION:     5,716 hectares 62,684 26 1st class TOWN FIESTA:     Every 3rd Wednesday after Easter Sunday PAROCHIAL FIESTA: Every 1st Sunday of October GALICAYO FESTIVAL :Every 2nd Sunday of December
  • TOURIST ATTRACTIONS:  Church of Our Lady of the Most holy Rosary (1600) Shrine of Our Lady of Manaoag Virgin’s Well PRODUCTS:     rice, mango, buri-rattan basketwares, candles   
  • MANGALDAN The town of Mangaldan is one of the oldest towns in the Province of Pangasinan.  It was founded in June 1600. There are three versions as to how Mangaldan got its name.  The first version relates that one day a Spanish missionary inquired from one inhabitant about the name of the place in the Spanish language.  Thinking that the missionary was asking for water, the inhabitant replied “manga-alay-adan” which means “Adan is fetching”.
  • The second version states that Mangaldan got its name from the first native chief of the town named “Babaldan”.  The third version says that at the middle of the plaza was a big mango tree laden with fruits.  The inhabitants were free to gather the fruits but it resulted in quarrelling among them.  The meaning of the quarrel in the dialect is “man-nga-ngal-ngalan”.  Of these versions, anyone of them seems to justify the legendary origin of the name.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Mangaldan: LAND AREA:     POPULATION:     NO. OF BRGY:     CLASSIFICATION:   TOWN FIESTA:     PRODUCTS:     4,847 hectares  90,391 30 1st class 1st week of March processed meat, native cakes, bagoong/patis, and cutleries
  • MANGATAREM Mangatarem derived its name from the combination of the Ilocano word “Manga ken Tirem” which means “mango and oyster”.  According to old tales, the name “Mangatarem” was attributed to woodcutters who happened to meet each other in a forested area which is now the present site of the town.  One of them had a mango as his viand while the other one had oysters.  When both of them saw this, they exclaimed “Manga ken Tirem”, thus, the name Mangatirem or Mangatarem.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Mangatarem: LAND AREA:     POPULATION:     NO. OF BRGY:     CLASSIFICATION:  TOWN FIESTA:     36,856 hectares 66,001 82 2nd class Last Saturday & Sunday of January PRODUCTS/INDUSTRIES:     tupig, agriculture, natural and mineral sources, forest production, minihydroelectric project
  • TOURIST ATTRACTIONS:  Manleluag Hot Spring Immaltar Hot Spring Manleluag Spring Protected Landscape Pacalat Impounding Dam Anthea Aerodrome Kanding Waterfalls Bisuor Waterfalls Tangguyob Waterfalls
  • MAPANDAN The municipality was formerly a barrio of Mangaldan.  It was conceived into a municipality in 1909. Mapandan (meaning plenty of pandan) got its name from “pandan”, a native palm which grew in abundance in the place at that time.  The leaves of the pandan add aroma to the cooked rice if cooked with it.  The leaves are also stripped and woven into mats.
  • Mapandan is also a Hall of Famer having been Pangasinan’s cleanest, safest and greenest municipality.  It is also the healthiest municipality for having the least number of malnourished children.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Mapandan: LAND AREA:     1,994 hectares POPULATION:   33,210 NO. OF BRGY: 15 CLASSIFICATION: 3rd class PANDAN FESTIVAL: April 5-11 PRODUCTS:     Sugarcane  
  • NATIVIDAD The town of Natividad was founded on March 7, 1902.   The first inhabitants of the town came from the neighbouring towns of Pangasinan and from other neighbouring provinces like La Union, the Ilocos Provinces and Abra which explains why Ilocano is the main dialect of the townspeople.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Natividad: LAND AREA:     17,602 hectares  POPULATION:   23,579 NO. OF BRGY:   18 CLASSIFICATION:  4th class FIESTA:     April 24-25
  • POINTS OF INTEREST: Burayoc Waterfalls Pila Freshwater Resort Viray Watershed Forest Park PRODUCTS/INDUSTRIES:     agricultural, livestock and poultry, rice mills, hollow blocks manufacturing,  furniture making, mineral water production       
  • POZORRUBIO The town of Pozorrubio was formally inaugurated on January 13, 1870.  Pozorrubio is known for her exportable handicrafts consisting of rattan, buri, bamboo and metal crafts.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Pozorrubio: LAND AREA:     8,965 hectares  POPULATION:     63,689 NO. OF BRGY:   34 CLASSIFICATION:     1st class FOUNDATION DAY:  January 13 TOWN FIESTA:   January 9-14 PRODUCTS:     rice, sugar cane, tobacco, mango, vegetables, and legumes, coconut corn and cotton
  • POINTS OF INTEREST: Quibuar Springs Guernica Hill COTTAGE INDUSTRIES:     bamboo and rattan products for exports, swords, knives, bolos and  other metal crafts OTHER INDUSTRIES:     sand and gravel, leather craft, gold panning, fresh water fishponds, poultry and cattle raising         
  • ROSALES CITY Rosales was created as a separate municipality through a Royal Decree in 1852.  It was named in honour of Don Antonio Rosales. It is the birthplace of National Artist for Literature and internationally  renowned novelist Francisco Sionil Jose; it has been the setting of many of his novels including the 5 – novel Series Rosales Saga.
  • Some facts about the city of Rosales: LAND AREA:     7,280 hectares POPULATION:     58,523 NO. OF BRGY :   37 CLASSIFICATION:1st class TOWN FIESTA:     June 10-14 FESTIVAL:     IBTOR (last weekend of December)
  • POINTS OF INTEREST: Presidencia Museum Acop & Salvacion Dams Our Lady of Rosales Grotto Pangasinan Best Pasalubong SM City Rosales PRODUCTS:     vegetables, rice, mushroom, Agriculture/Livestock      Center
  • SAN CARLOS CITY San Carlos City was once known as Binalatongan.  From the time of its founding up to the middle of the 19th century, it was considered as the biggest and most populous town of Pangasinan composing a whole third of the Province. It is recorded in history as a bastion of freedom fighters, with famous uprisings against Spaniards led by Andres Malong (1660) and Juan dela Cruz Palaris (1762). 
  • These heroic acts prompted the Spanish colonizers to change the name of the town to San Carlos in honor of King Carlos III of Spain. San Carlos became a city by virtue of Republic Act No. 4487 signed on June 19, 1965.
  • Some facts about the city of San Carlos: LAND AREA:     17,087 hectares POPULATION:     164,061 NO. OF BRGY:     86 CLASSIFICATION: 3rd class city FIESTA :     Last Saturday of April  MAJOR CROPS:     rice, corn, root crops, vegetables, fruit trees  
  • TOURIST ATTRACTION:  St. Dominic Guzman Parish (1587) MAJOR   handicraft, pottery making, mango culture, livestock trading PRIME           INDUSTRIES:   PRODUCTS:   tomato paste, cassava cake, bamboo, rug, furnitures, native cakes 
  • SAN FABIAN San Fabian was founded on March 23, 1717.  The town was named in honor of a crusading Pope, St. Fabian, who ruled the Roman Catholic Church for almost 13 years during the reign of the Roman Emperor Dictus.
  • Some facts about the municipality of San Fabian: LAND AREA:     8,129 hectares  CLASSIFICATION: 1st class TOWN FIESTA :   January 19-20 INDUSTRIES:   commercial crops, hatchery (chicks, aqua), aquaculture, livestock and poultry, salt making refinery TOURIST ATTRACTIONS:   Nibaliw West Beach, Mabilao Beach, Bolasi Beach, St. Fabian Church (1716)
  • SAN JACINTO San Jacinto was founded on August 17, 1598 by Rev. Fr. Herminigildo Milgar.  The town was named after Father Jacinto who was canonized by Pope Clemente in 1598. San Jacinto was made a regular municipality in 1601 making it one of the oldest municipalities of the Province.
  • Some facts about the municipality of San Jacinto: LAND AREA:   POPULATION:   NO. OF BRGY:  CLASSIFICATION: TOWN FIESTA:   PAROCHIAL FIESTA:   3,995 hectares 35,591 19 3rd class May 18-19 August 17
  • INDUSTRIES:   agriculture, construction, poultry, dressing plant, sand and  gravel crushing plant, asphalt batching plant, poultry contract grower, small-scale handicraft and rope making PRODUCTS:   rice, corn, tobacco
  • SAN MANUEL The town was named after Don Manuel Sequig, the founder and leader of the settlers who explored the virgin forest from the bank of the Agno River towards the grassy lands of the west to the foot of the Cordillera Mountains in the north.  When San Manuel became a town in 1614, the site of the Poblacion was in Pau (now known as Curibetbet).  The inhabitants thought of erecting the first church and convent in 1688.  It was also the same year that Asingan was laying out its town site in a place called Sinapog.
  • In 1720, the church and convent built in Pau were burned down and the people believed it to be a bad omen so they abandoned the site and went to Sinapog to live.  Thus, San Manuel was absorbed by Asingan for the first time.  However, some of the inhabitants moved westward to the place called Guiset, a name given to San Manuel which was derived from the great bamboo thickets that were plentiful in the area during the time. 
  • In 1860, San Manuel separated from Asingan and became a town for the second time. Now, San Manuel is known for its man-made structure, the San Roque Multi-Purpose Dam Project or the San Roque Power Corporation which is the second largest dam in Asia.
  • Some facts about the municipality of San Manuel: LAND AREA:     POPULATION:     NO. OF BRGY:     CLASSIFICATION:     FIESTA:   13,370 hectares  41,422 14 1st class March 11-16
  • POINTS OF INTEREST:     Butao Springs San Roque MultiPurpose Power Plant PRODUCTS/INDUSTRIES:     agricultural production, livestock and poultry and power generation    
  • SAN NICOLAS The town was founded in 1610 by Nicolas Patricio.  He led them towards the realization of their obsession.  His ideas led them where his heart follows.  In  grateful recognition of his sacrifices and excellent leadership, the people christened the town after his name and adopted San Nicolas de Tolentino as their patron saint.
  • Some facts about the municipality of San Nicolas: LAND AREA:     POPULATION:     NO. OF BRGY:   CLASSIFICATION:   PRODUCTS:     20, 816 hectares 33,705 33 1st class rice, bricks, clay, tiles & potteries POINTS OF INTEREST:     Malico Villa Verde Trai Falls
  • SAN QUINTIN At the close of the 17th century, San Quintin was still a wilderness inhabited by fierce man-eating tribes called “Ubilaos”.  At the beginning of the 18th century, the first Christian settlers from the coastal towns of La Union and Ilocos Sur arrived.  An exodus of immigrants from the Ilocos coastal towns found their way to the fast growing village.  As a result of the great exodus, the “Ubilaos” and the other smaller minority tribes deserted their dwelling places and settled deeper into the safety of the
  • They left behind their settlements.  The different settlements were organized into one entity and were named as Lango-lango.  The union was made to promote closer understanding and amiable relationship among the settlers because trade was flourishing.  Due to the rapid growth of the population, Lango-lango was transformed into a barrio under the jurisdiction of the municipality of Umingan which was then a town of Nueva Ecija.
  • In 1861, Don Quintin Lictawa called for a “Great Conference” attended by all the leaders of the different settlements to plan to press the Spanish government to recognize the barrio as a town and to name it as San Quintin.  In 1863, a Spanish decree was enacted giving birth to the municipality of San Quintin.
  • Some facts about the municipality of San Quintin: LAND AREA:     POPULATION:     NO. OF BRGY:     CLASSIFICATION:   FIESTA:     PRODUCTS:     11,590 hectares 30,556 21 3rd class May 15-17 rice, onions, corn, vegetables POINTS OF INTEREST:  Dipalo Water, Falls, Botanical Garden
  • SANTA BARBARA Sta. Barbara was originally called Sta. Barbara de Tolong.  The town was founded on October 30, 1741.  To commemorate the significance of its foundation, the local  government declared October 30 as “Agewna Sta. Barbara” in October 30, 2009.
  • Sta. Barbara is the hometown of Don Daniel B. Maramba, the “Grand Old Man of Pangasinan” who served as the 7th Governor of Pangasinan. It was during his term that the Provincial Capitol Building was built in 1918.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Santa Barbara: LAND AREA:     6,548 hectares POPULATION:     75,569 NO. OF BRGY:     29 CLASSIFICATION:   1st class TOWN FIESTA:     December 4 PAROCHIAL FIESTA:  Last Sunday of the year PRODUCTS:   rice, yellow corn, vegetables, mango, fisheries 
  •  TOURIST ATTRACTIONS:     Holy Family Parish Church  GawadKalinga (GK)- Larioville (Leet)  Bigal House (former residence of Don Daniel Maramba)  Tomb of Don Daniel Maramba  Provincial Nursery  Manufactured Products:   Nata de Coco, deboned, marinated, smoked fish, rice cakes, papaya pickles, malunggay noodles, red bricks, hollow blocks, handicrafts, bamboo and rattan, furniture
  • SANTA MARIA Named after its Patron Saint, the Virgin Mary, Sta. Maria was formerly a barrio of Tayug, Pangasinan.  It became a town in 1863 but was fused to Tayug later because of its inability to maintain financial stability.  In 1877, upon the application and granting of the inhabitants for separation from the mother town, Sta. Maria became again a separate town.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Santa Maria: LAND AREA:     3,500 hectares POPULATION:     31,138 NO. OF BRGY:     23 CLASSIFICATION:  4th class TOWN FIESTA:     April 9-10 PRODUCTS:     agricultural, livestock and poultry, concrete aggregates
  • SANTO TOMAS Prior to its creation as a municipality, Sto. Tomas was only a barrio of Alcala which at the time was called “Arranggo”.  When the municipality was created in 1898, the name “Arranggo” was changed to “Sto. Tomas.”  In less than a year, the municipality ceased to exist as such when the American Military Government was established in the Philippine Island.  Prominent leaders petitioned the American Army General to recognize the township of Sto. Tomas. 
  • In 1902, the township of Sto. Tomas was recognized for the second time.  When the Civil Government was established and ostensibly for economic reasons, an order was issued fusing all small municipalities with mother municipalities.  Sto. Tomas was fused with Alcala.  The people of Sto. Tomas did not lose hope fighting for the separation of their town into a separate municipality. Thus, for the third time in February 10, 1908, the Municipality of Sto. Tomas, Pangasinan was created and existed up to these days.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Sto. Tomas: LAND AREA:     1,429 hectares POPULATION:     12,359 NO. OF BRGY:     10 CLASSIFICATION:  5th class FIESTA:     March 23-24 PRODUCTS:   palay, yellow corn, coconut, tobacco, poultry and livestock
  • SISON The mother town of Sison is San Fabian.  Bulaoan, formerly a big barrio of San Fabian became a municipality named Alava in 1868.  In 1907, the township of  Esperanza was organized.  That same year, the township of Labayug was also organized.  Later, these two townships (Esperanza and Labayug) fused together to form the township of Artacho.  The town of Alava had been making moves to expand its  jurisdiction.
  • Likewise, the township of Artacho had also a move to become a regular municipality.  As a result of their efforts, they fused as one.  The fusion was sponsored by the late Senator Pedro Ma. Sison in the Senate.  On May 1, 1918, the fusion was made and the town was named Sison, after its sponsor, Senator Sison.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Sison: LAND AREA:     POPULATION:     8,855 hectares 43,051 NO. OF BRGY:     28 CLASSIFICATION:   3rd class FIESTA:     December 14-16 PRODUCTS:     carved wooden furniture, vegetables POINTS OF INTEREST:    Antong Falls; Bantay Bato Falls
  • SUAL The town of Sual was founded on May 20, 1805 when Governor General Rafael Maria de Aguilar issued a decree granting the separation of Sual from  Labrador because Sual was initially a part of San Isidro Labrador de Tobuang  (now called Labrador). The natural harbor of Sual offers a safe anchorage and shelter to ships from the open sea because it is snugly sitting in a cove.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Sual: LAND AREA:   20,181 hectares POPULATION:  25,832 NO. OF BRGY:  19 CLASSIFICATION:1st class FIESTA:   April 28-29 PRODUCTS:  Dried Fish, Mango
  • POINTS OF INTEREST:   St. Peter Martyr Church (1835)  Cabalitian Island  Masamarey Beach  Mayaman Waterfalls   Mabuclao Falls  Limahon Cave
  • TAYUG Tayug was first organized as a municipality in the Province of Nueva Ecija on February 4, 1817.  In 1837, Tayug was ceded to the Province of Pangasinan.  In 1851, it was once again incorporated with the Province of Nueva Ecija.  Not until 1864 was Tayug again made a part of Pangasinan.
  • The town of Tayug got its name from a very tall tree that once grew in the heart of the town.  The Bacayao tree was so tall that in Ilocano they call it “Layug”.  Due to the difficulty of the people to pronounce the letter “L”, they changed it to the letter “T” by common usage.  Hence, the name TAYUG came about.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Tayug: LAND AREA:     5,130 hectares  POPULATION:     38,803 NO. OF BRGY:     21 CLASSIFICATION:  3rd class TOWN FIESTA:     March 15-17 PRODUCTS:     commercial crops, livestock and poultry POINTS OF INTEREST: St. Patrick Church    (1817)
  • URBIZTONDO Urbiztondo was founded in the year 1851.  The town was christened after the surname of Spanish Governor General to the Philippines,  General Antonio Urbiztondo, one time conqueror of the Moros of Jolo.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Urbiztondo: LAND AREA:     5,465 hectares POPULATION:     43,912 NO. OF BRGY:     21 CLASSIFICATION:   3rd class     FIESTA:     May 4-5 PRODUCTS:     rice, yellow corn, bamboo-based home furnishings
  • URDANETA CITY Urdaneta was founded on January 8, 1858.  It was named after the famous aide of Magellan, Father Simon de Urdaneta, a soldier, navigator, cosmographer and evangelist. Urdaneta became a city in 1997 by virtue of RA 8480.  It is the commercial and education center of eastern Pangasinan.
  • Some facts about the city of Urdaneta:   LAND AREA:     12,100 hectares  POPULATION:     122,113 NO. OF BRGY:     34 CLASSIFICATION:     2nd class city FIESTA:     December 1-8 PRODUCTS:     rice, vegetables, noodles POINTS OF INTEREST: Museo de Urdaneta, Cabaruan, Sugcong and Oltama Rolling Hills
  • VILLASIS Villasis was a barrio of Malasiqui in the early 17th century and was known by its former name, “Pandoyocan” because it is the nesting ground of bees called “oyocan”. The town’s accessibility to all kinds of transportation has made Villasis a bustling center of trade and commerce.
  • Some facts about the municipality of Villasis:   LAND AREA:     7,583 hectares  POPULATION:     57014 NO. OF BRGY:     21 CLASSIFICATION:1 st class TOWN FIESTA:     2nd week of January FESTIVAL:     Talong Festival (2nd week of January)  PRODUCTS:   rice, vegetables, sugar cane vinegar, feeds, corn, cassava INDUSTRIES:     livestock and poultry raising
  • VI. Local Heroes and Personalities
  • Evangelina Macapagal Evangelina Macapagal, M.D. was the second wife of Diosdado Macapagal, the ninth President of the Philippines. She was the ninth First Lady of the Philippines, and the mother of the fourteenth President, Gloria MacapagalArroyo. She was from Binalonan, Pangasinan.
  • 12th President of the Philippines (1992 – 1998) Fidel V. Ramos Born: March 18, 1928 in Lingayen, Pangasinan Served in the AFP from 1951 to 1988 (37 years) and headed the Philippine Constabulary and Integrated National Police.
  • Jose de Venecia, Jr. Speaker Jose de Venecia, Jr. was born in Dagupan City, Pangasinan. He was a former Speaker of the House of Representatives of the Philippines, serving from 1992 to 1998 and from 2001 to 2008. As Speaker, he was the fourth highest-ranking official of the Philippines.
  • Fernando Poe, Sr. Allan Fernando Poe y Reyes better known as his stage name Fernando Poe was a famous actor during the early cinema era in the Philippines. He was the father of Fernando Poe, Jr., who was also a famous actor and icon. He was born on November 27, 1916 in San Carlos City, Pangasinan.
  • Gabriel Singson Gabriel C. Singson was the Governor of Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas from 1993 to 1999. He was the first Governor of the BSP who signed the Republic Act 7653, otherwise known as New Central Bank Act. Singson has also served or currently serving different executive positions of various companies.
  • Carlos Bulosan He was born in Pangasinan, Philippines. His parents are both farmers. In this manner he wanted to help his family by going to America. And his life or journey in America was not that good and awesome because they are subjected to racial discriminations and American brutalities.  He is an internationally known writer.
  • F. Sionil Jose He was one of the best Filipino writers from Pangasinan. He wrote his stories using the foreign medium but he has the sense of nationalism. In his novels, consisting of “The Pretenders,” "Trees" and many more. He captures the heart of Filipino citizens while stating the lives of generations of the Samsons whose personal lives intertwine with the social struggles of the nation.
  • Victorio C. Edades Victorio C. Edades, a Filipino modernist and a recognized National Artist, was from Pangasinan. He was the leader of the revolutionary Thirteen Moderns who engaged their classical compatriots in heated debate over the nature and function of art. He was named a National Artist in 1976.
  • Gloria Romero, a veteran actress, hails from Mabini, Pangasinan. Her career spans 60 years and includes award winning performances in the films Tanging Gloria Romero Yaman, Nagbabagang Luha and 1955's Dalagang Ilocana.
  • Jacqueline Aquino Siapno Jacqueline Aquino Siapno, a professor from Dagupan City, is the interim first lady of East Timor.The 1200 megawatt Sual Coal-Fired Power Plant, and the 345 megawatt San Roque MultiPurpose Dam are located in Pangasinan. Pangasinan has extensive areas devoted to salt making and aquaculture along the coasts of Lingayen Gulf and South China Sea.
  • Julius Caesar Concepcion Babao Julius Babao He was born July 15, 1968 in Dagupan City, is a Filipino broadcast journalist, radio commentator and former talk show host for the Philippine television station A BS-CBN. He is most notable for anchoring TV Patrol, the Philippines's considered most prestigious newscast, from 2003 to October 2010.
  • Mitoy Yonting Michael “Mitoy Yonting (born January 3, 1970 is a Filipino band sunger from Pangasinan who is the first winner of the Voice of the Philippines.
  • Marc Pingris Jean Marc Pingris, Jr. is a Filipino professional basketball player in the PBA which is a native of Pozorrubio, Pangasinan for the San Mig Coffee Mixers. He is a versatile 6-foot-5 forward-center who can post up, shoot mid-range jumpers, and block shots. 
  • Maki Pulido She is a a news anchor, hails from Anda, Pangasinan. She presented documentaries on social and political issues in GMA7's Reporter's Notebook.
  • Barbie Salvador: “Mutya ng Pilipinas Tourism International” Nova Villa Other Personalities from Pangasinan....
  • Geronima Pecson Carmen Ojales (Mother of Anne Curtis)
  • VII. Festivities
  • BAGOONG FESTIVAL Bagoong making is the main business and source of income of almost all the people in Pangapisan North, Lingayen, Pangasinan and we are very proud that we have the best quality of “bagoong” all over the Philippines.
  • DUMAYO FESTIVAL Urdaneta City celebrates Dumayo Festival annually to give thanks for the blessings that the city has received throughout the years. Other activities that gave meaning to the celebration were: Basbas ng Pag-iisang Dibdib (free mass wedding), bloodletting activity, tree planting for environment preservation, jobs fair and fun run for a cause.
  • MANGO-BAMBOO FESTIVAL The Mango-Bamboo Festival is not just meant to be a festival or entertainment event. It was called Mango-Bamboo Festival because the two products have a greater chance to compete in the world market. 
  • PANDAN FESTIVAL A festival every April 11-16 depicting the origin of the place “Pandan,” and its various uses showcasing the town’s agricultural wealth. The festival highlights the sweets, origin and their uses in the collective memory of the people of Mapandan.
  • BANGUS FESTIVAL Bangus Festival is one of the major and most exciting festivals in the Philippines worth visiting. The yearly euphoria envelops the city of Dagupan with a high level of excitement as the street dancers, in their most striking costumes, depict the harvest of bangus. Learn the various ways of cooking bangus in 101 ways while indulging in its succulent taste
  • PATUPAT FESTIVAL This food is the main food for the festival of the Pozorrubio. This has been held during the month of January. It serves in a long table where the people and visitors of Pozorrubio can join and taste the sweetness of the Patupat.
  • PISTAY DAYAT (FEAST OF THE SEA) The annual coastal celebration of communities lining the Lingayen Gulf is known as “Pista’y Dayat.” According to old fisherfolks of Lingayen, this started in the early 1960’s as a simple, limited shoreline community ritual of prayers, meals and merriment, on or about May 1.
  • MANGUNGUNA FESTIVAL Bolinao, Pangasinan holds grand fiesta named “Mangunguna Festival”. In Bolinao “mangunguna” means a fisherman. They celebrate Mangunguna Festival to give tribute to the fishing and aquaculture industry of the town, which is the number one source of livelihood of the community in Bolinao. It is a one week celebration from April 9 to April 14. 
  • SIGAY FESTIVAL One of the highlights of Binmaley Sigay Festival is the Fluvial Parade where various Motor boats from different Barangays of Binmaley participated.
  • PUTO FESTIVAL Puto here is considered as the “white gold” of the town and sold 24 hours a day along the rows of stalls at the town proper. It is so delicious because this peso-size product is soft as a marshmallow, white as a snow, and has a distinct taste and the secrets of cooking it remain unrevealed up to now by its makers. 
  • MALANGSI FESTIVAL Malangsi Festival in Bayambang - Known for their flavorful fermented fish (“buro” for the locals), this town pays homage to its harvests from the Mangabul Lake and features freshwater fishies ibn its culinary and streetdancing competitions, and the requisite longest grill.
  • GALICAYO FESTIVAL Thousands of devotees of the Virgin of Manaoag, renowned among Catholic faithful for her many miracles, will convene in the Pangasinan town named after her for one its biggest annual celebrations on April 25. The 400-year-old ivory statue, adorned with precious antique stones donated by devotees over many generations, continues to attract thousands of devotees every weekday and hundreds of thousands on weekends.
  • GOAT FESTIVAL
  • TALONG FESTIVAL Thousands of local and foreign tourists flocked to Villasis, Pangasinan to witness the first “Talong” (Eggplant) Festival in this agricultural town, the “Vegetable Basket” of the North. The festival was part of the town’s January fiesta celebration. Among the highlights were the inauguration of the Villasis Vegetable Trading Post or Bagsakan and the setting up of a one-kilometer-long Talong Grill to help the town establish its own identity.
  • CORN FESTIVAL Every March 26th, the residents of Sto. Tomas, Pangasinan grill more than 6,000 ears of corn on the roadside as they celebrate the Corn Festival coinciding with the town’s founding anniversary. Locally known as the town Fiesta, various festivities are held to commemorate and honor the chosen Patron Saint. Majority of town fiestas are celebrated during the month of May, the midst of summer vacation and the time when the festival of Flores de Mayo is held. 
  • VIII. Tourist Spots
  • MAN - MADE
  • Pilgrimage An apparition and many miracles made Our Lady of Manaoag a famous destination for thousands of catholic devotees from all over the world. For the Catholic faithful, masses are scheduled every hour from 5am to 12 noon. This ivory image of the Lady was brought by Fr. Juan de San Jacinto from Acapulco, Spain, is enshrined in the high altar of the the century old Church. Manaoag is 205 kilometers away from Manila.
  • A local version of Calvary Hill with a 1,000 step “VIA Redeemer’s Cross and Pilgrimage Sites (Sitio Centro Toma, Bani,Pangasinan) CRUSIS” leading to a gigantic cross. The Redeemer’s Cross is perched on a plateau overlooking the South China Sea. The site draws thousands of pilgrims from Pangasinan and other provinces and a few from the USA, Canada and Europe.
  • St. James the Great Fortress Church (Poblacion, Bolinao,Pangasinan) The Bolinao Church was built by the Augustinians in 1609. It houses wooden statues nowadays a rarity. The antique altar is flanked by two grinning tongueprotruding Aztec visages presumably of Mexican influence and brought over by the Galleon Trade
  • St. Peter and Paul Church (Calasio, Pangasinan) This church is considered by the National Museum as National Cultural Treasure. Built by the Dominicans, the Churches’ brick tower was made famous for having served as a shelter for the Spaniards during the English invasion. Today, it houses another miraculous image honored by the people of CalasiaoSeñorDivino Tesoro, since its original shrine was destroyed by fire in year 2008.
  • Provincial Capitol Complex (Lingayen, Pangasinan) Here lies the historic Provincial Capitol Building, fronting the historic ILngayen Gulf, where MacArthur’s liberation forces landed at the tail end of WWII for the liberation of Luzon. Built in 1918 and designed by American engineer and architect. It has been identified as one of the eight architectural treasures of the Philippines by NCCA and the Filipino heritage Festival, Inc. The area is favourite site for strollers drawn to its lush parks such as the Don Daniel Maramba Boulevard, Urduja House, Sison Auditorium, and the Veterans memorial park.
  • On display at the park within the Provincial Capitol Compound are relics reminding the people of the last World War. This memorial was built in 1995 in commemoration of the   Veterans Memorial Park  (Lingayen, Pangasinan) 50th Lingayen Gulf Landing Anniversary.
  • Cape Bolinao Light House (Brgy. Patar, Bolinao,Pangasinan) A solar powered lighthouse built by the Americans in 1903 and is still used today to guide ships taking refuge at the cove during stormy weather.
  • Natural Tourist Spots
  • San Juan River San Juan River is located at Setio Saliyan in San Carlos City, San Juan   A research laboratory on fish production specifically on bangus, siganid and lapu-lapu breeding.
  • Lingayen beach Lingayen beach with its clean fine gray sand has one of the widest and longest   shoreline besides San Vicente. 
  • Hundred Islands Filled with beauty and uniqueness in each island. Hundred Islands is truly a tourist spot worth exploring!
  • Bonuan Blue Beach Bonuan Blue Beach is a draw only border located in Dagupan City.