2. Information System Is any combination of information Technology and people’s activities using that technology to support operations, management. In other words, IS is frequently used to refer to the interaction between people, algorithmic processes, data and technology
3. Components of IS1. Management Information System It is a system that provides information needed to manage organizations efficiently and effectively.(resources such as technology, information and people)2. Decision Support System Is a computer based information system that supports business or organizational decisional activities.
4. DSS serves as the management, operations, and planning levels of an organization and help to make decisions which may be rapidly changing and not easily specified in advance. DSS includes knowledge based systems.(ex. Inventories, Comparative sales, projected revenues)3. Executive Information System Is a type of MIS intended to facilitate and support information and decision-making needs of senior executives. Considered as specialized form of DSS.
5. 4. Transaction Processing System It collects, stores, modifies and retrieves transactions of an organization.
6. WEB or the WWW It is a system of interlinked hypertext documents accessed via the internet. With a web browser, one can view web pages that may contain text, images, videos and other multimedia and navigate between them via hyperlinks**hypertext is a text displayed on a computer with references to other text that reader can immediately access usually by a mouse click
7. **hyperlink is a reference to a document that reader can directly follow or followed automatically. It points out the whole document or to specific element within a document.(hypertext is a text with hyperlink)
8. Surfing the Web Surfing is the term used to denote the navigating around different websites.1. In order to surf the Web, you need a web browser, a software application for retrieving, presenting and traversing information resources on the WWW.
9. Popular web Browser Internet explorer – 36.3% Firefox – 24.1% Chrome – 18.2% Safari – 10.7% Opera – 4.4% Android – 1.7%As of aug. 2011
10. Once you have a web browser, you must ensure that your internet connection are established well. Then, you may now launch your web browser Type the complete URL address of a site into the address bar of your web browser. Then navigate it through hyperlinks and address bar.
11. Client VS server Client is an application or system that accesses a service made available by the server whereas Server is a computer program running to serve request of other programs – the client They are connected via a network Together they calledClient-server architecture
12. Website A collection of interrelated web pages containing images, videos or other assets. It is hosted on at least one web server, accessible via network such as internet through URL.
14. Web page Is a document or information resource that is suitable for the WWW and can be accessed through a web browser. It is composed of an HTML tags
15. URL Uniform Resource Locator Universal Resource Locator It is a character string that specifies where a known resource is available on the internet and the mechanism for retrieving it.
16. Searching the web It means the user will try to access their needed information through web Web gives millions of results in just few seconds User use different search engines for web searching
17. Popular Search Engine Google 150 M Yahoo 137 M Bing 80 M ASK 60 M Teotama 9M Duck Duck Go 198K Entire Web 123K Blekko 120K Scrub the web 58K Gigablast 29K
18. Some ethical issues in web Protection of intellectual property Prevention of fraud Protection of freedom of expression versus problems of defamation Protection of privacy control of spamming
19. What is HTML? HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language It is a language for describing web pages It is not programming language, it is mark up language Mark up language is a set of mark up tags It uses mark up tags to describe web pages It is invented by Tim Berners- Lee in 1989
20. Application needed increating HTML Internet Browser HTML editor A graphic program
21. HTML tags These are the keywords surrounded by angle brackets like <html> Usually tags come in pair like <b> and </b> The first tag in a pair is the start tag, the second tag is the end Start and end tags are also called opening tags and closing tags
22. HTML example<html><head><title> hello </title></head> Hello<body>Hello</body></html>
23. Parts of HTML tag <html> - tells the web browser on the type of the document <head> - technical information about the document is stated <title> - gives the document a name <body> - where the actual documents are places
24. Basic formatting tags <b> bold</b> - to make the text bold <strong> </strong> - also for bold <u> </u> - for underline <i> </i> - for italic <em> </em> - also for emphasis <strike> </strike> - for strike through <center> </center> - to align text in center <tt> </tt> - for teletype text
26. HTML elements Html elements starts with a start tag / opening tag Html elements starts with a end tag and closing tag The element content is everything between the start and end tag Some html elements have empty content
27. HTML comments It makes html codes to make it more readable and understandable It is ignored by the browser and are not displayed <!---this is a comments ----->
28. Paragraph tags HTML documents are divided into paragraphs This is defined with <p> and </p> it has one attribute which is alignExample : <p align = “right/center/left”> sample paragraph</p>