How we are…How do we do this? We do so by being a faith based, cross centric, spirit filled, love saturated, mission minded, prayer driven church.Salvation, Sanctification, all spiritual graces and growth are received and achieved through faith.The Cross is central to all we do and we embrace its extreme calling and message.Being Spirit-filled powers holy living and genuine community impact.Saturated with the love of God we believe in living Christ-pleasing lives without judgmental attitudes.Mission mindedness enables us to be outward-looking and neighbor-reaching in our actions. It is the result of our belief that the power of Christ is sufficient for every earthly need.Prayer is the engine that sustains and drives us forward as individuals and as a body.
Why we are…Talk about what it means to be mission minded & motivated by lost people.
What we are…It is important right now to nail down our identity. There are literally hundreds of churches all over Hampton Roads. What makes us unique? Why should we attend this church over any other? We don’t have a multi-million dollar facility like the stunning Liberty Baptist. We don’t have programs and free stuff. We sometimes don’t know whether or not we will have a facility from Sunday to Sunday! What do we have to offer? Is our message really that different?I am here to tell you that it is. Our niche is to be a voice of Holiness in Hampton Roads. We are here to call each of us to a deeper walk with Christ: more than just a decision and a handshake! Yes! We want you to pray and accept Christ as Lord and Savior. Yes we want to extend to you the hand of fellowship, but it can’t stop there. Rather we must become seekers of the Heavenly flame until He fills us and radically transform us so that we may impact others in His power. We must be so saturated with His presence and surrendered to His will that all else is secondary. We must embrace the burden of the cross and rejoice in the empty tomb!This is who we are. So if you don’t yet have that deeper walk with Christ, join me on this journey to discover what it means to radically embrace the cross, surrender to His will completely, love with abandon (without return on investment), and walk by faith.
Who we are…CORE COMPOSITION At our core, we are a family-friendly church. We are full of young energetic families. This is our strength. We identify well with the challenges of career and parenthood. Because of our life-position, however, we crave the wisdom and perspectives of mid-life and senior saints. As a result, we want to work steadily to develop this part of our congregation and increase the involvement of this demographic. In the end, success in this endeavor will result in a healthy church family full of people at every stage in life able to share their perspectives and encourage each other along the way.
BROAD ASPIRATIONS Deep spiritual growth for our membersEntry level seekersBrand new ChristiansSeekers of the second blessingMature saintsEstablishment of a strong holiness message on the PeninsulaThrough straight preachingThrough regular teachingVisible steady growth of our congregation through four means:Salvation of souls being born againMaintenance of a stable safe fellowship Provision of resources to people in our communityFrequent demonstration of the love of Christ in any way we can to everyone possibleImpact on the Spectrum of AgesChildrenTweensTeensYoung AdultsFamiliesSenior Saints
Should look something like this…
This should be a core principle.
When we are…LONG TERM GOALSFamily Building & Reinforcement Transient Military Member Service (Spiritual support to transient military members and their families)Youth MinistriesSingle Mom SupportSenior Soul Pursuit (Baby Boomers in the sunset years of life)Helping Hands for the HomelessDynamic Relevant University Outreach (to local university students)Christian Academy under Renewanation Umbrella - ???
2012 CONCRETE GOALS Establishment of four primary ministry points in our communityGovernor’s House Senior Saint Outreach (or similar)Crisis Pregnancy Center OutreachMilitary Resource InterfacingHome Bible StudiesGrowth of Members through regular discipleship and Bible study Ladies Night Out Saturday Morning Prayer Breakfasts Wednesday Night CatechismObtain, Establish, and Move Into a semi-permanent facility Get a real estate agent $1800/month budget Business/Cost Analysis and Planning Change our name to Water of Life Fellowship (a Bible Methodist Church Community)Advertising ramp-up in our communityAverage 20 new faces through our doors every six months (Who are you bringing?)
HAPPENING NOW Crisis Pregnancy Center Relationships In WorkReal Estate Agent has been Secured: Ken PenroseAdvertising Research in Work
Pictures of church hunting site here…
INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITIES Pastor: Rick AlexanderExecutive Board: Chairman Pastor Rick Alexander, Vice-Chair Phil Boardman, Secretary Paul Stence, Treasurer Shane Gardner Worship Leader: Paul StenceAssistant Worship Leader: Phil BoardmanSpecial Music Coordinator: Lisa BoardmanLadies Ministry Coordinator: Jody LuckAssistant Ladies Ministry Coordinator: Mrs. ValensuelaHospitality Outreach Coordinator: Lisa BoardmanYouth & Children’s Ministry Directors Shane & Brenda GardnerDevelopment of role statements
CONGREGATION ROLE – COIL Consistent CommitmentOwnershipInvolvementLeadership Consistent Commitment – It is essential to recognize in many ways we are a “missionary church” in our culture today. We are also still a very small body. Therefore, we must embrace consistent involvement in the activities of this church. Absence is strongly felt. Commitment to be a part of this endeavor must be more than just lip service. Ownership – This is not Phil’s church, or Rick’s church, or even the Bible Methodist Church’s church. It is above all a member of the body of Christ composed of individuals like you. This is your church. Buy in. Involvement – This church will only succeed with teamwork, and a steady pull form all of us. This requires stability , regularity, and sustained enthusiasm. Jump in! Leadership – A successful organization is full of leaders at all levels. Take hold of whatever task is yours and own it! Master it and grow it. Reach.
Pr 29:18 ¶ Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
1. HRBMC is a Bible-basedChurch that seeks to loveGod completely, to lovepeople unconditionally,and to share that loveconsistently with ourCommunity, so allpeople may enjoy agrowing relationshipwith God. (Mt. 22:37-39 and Mt. 28:19-20)
2. We do this by being a faith-based, cross-centric,spirit-filled, love-saturated, mission-minded,prayer-driven church.
3. MISSION MINDED
4. IDENTITY A Deeper Consecrated Life
5. FAMILY CHURCH
6. The Current Progression of Our Church: Young Teen Empty SeniorFamilies Families Nesters Saints What It Should Look Like: Young Families Senior Teen Saints Families Empty Nesters
7. Broad Aspirations1) Deep spiritual growth for our members2) Establishment of a strong holiness message on the Peninsula3) Visible steady growth of our congregation through four means:4) Impact on the Spectrum of Ages
8. Growing Our Group Cold Calls Friends of Friends New Friends Core Families
9. Ripple the Pond Touch a Life Life Touches Life Lives Touch Our Community
10. LONG TERM… Current: 1) Family Building & Reinforcement 2) Transient Military Member Service 3) Youth Ministries 4) Single Mom Support 5) Senior Soul Pursuit Future:1) Helping the Homeless2) Dynamic Relevant University Outreach3) Christian Academy under Renewanation
11. CONCRETE GOALS1. Establishment of four primary ministry points2. Growth of Members3. Obtain, Establish, and Move Into a semi- permanent facility4. Advertising ramp-up5. Average 20 new faces through our doors every six months
12. HAPPENING NOW…1. Meeting Robin of CPC January 30th. Have already been introduced to a chaplain @ Langley2. Ken Penrose – Thalhimer Real Estate3. Bible Studies have begun4. Advertising Research in Work with a local radio station and other venues5. At my last count we have touched 27 non-core people in the last 12 weeks.
14. Individual ResponsibilitiesPastor: Rick AlexanderExecutive Board: Chairman Pastor Rick Alexander, Vice-Chair Phil Boardman, Secretary Paul Stence, TreasurerShane GardnerWorship Leader: Paul StenceAssistant Worship Leader: Phil BoardmanSpecial Music Coordinator: Lisa BoardmanLadies Ministry Coordinator: Jody LuckAssistant Ladies Ministry Coordinator: Mrs. ValenzuelaHospitality Outreach Coordinator: Lisa BoardmanYouth & Children’s Ministry Directors Shane & BrendaGardner (Assisted by Belinda Stence)
15. Congregational Role Consistent Commitment Ownership Involvement Leadership
16. Closing on a LighterNote…
17. Closing on a LighterNote…
18. “The Lord shall guide thee continuallyand satisfy thy soul.” Isaiah 58:11