2. Worship Drivers of Vitality<br /><ul><li>Vital churches offer a mix of contemporary(newer forms of worship style) and traditional services.
3. Vital churches have preachers who tend to use more topical sermons series in traditional services</li></li></ul><li>Worship Drivers of Vitality<br /><ul><li>Vital churches use more contemporary music (less blended music that includes traditional tunes) in contemporary services.
4. Vital churches use more multi-media in contemporary services (some congregations in other parts of the world may have limited access or do not use multi-media to the same extent and therefore it may not be as important as in some cultures.)</li></li></ul><li> Traditional <br />and/or Contemporary<br /><ul><li> Develop a worship planning team
5. Analyze the worship culture of your church and community.
6. Research and utilize United Methodist resources as well as other faith groups.
7. Explore, and use ideas, how other congregations worship. </li></li></ul><li> Topical and/or Lectionary Preaching<br /><ul><li>Pray
8. Engage congregation in conversation on possible sermon areas
10. Stay tuned to the pain of the larger community.
12. Make effective, Christ-engaging preaching your highest priority. </li></li></ul><li> Music<br /><ul><li>Make music leadership participation a high priority for the Worship Planning Team.
13. Research and utilize United Methodist music resources
14. Research and utilize music resources from other denominations/groups.
15. Research and utilize the music talents in the congregation and community.
16. Whether Traditional or Contemporary, coordinate music with worship theme. </li></li></ul><li> Audio Visuals (and visuals)<br /><ul><li>Make visual imagery a high priority.
17. Providing training and resource opportunities for the worship planning team.
18. Utilize the enormous amount of visual technology and resources that are available.
19. Use audio-visual technology in worship to support the integrity and theme of the worship service.
20. Explore and develop visuals (that are not technological) that supports the theme of worship.</li></li></ul><li>And one more…..<br />“HOSPITALITY”<br />