1. CURRICUM VITAE
Name: Dr Ameet Nandkumar Dravid
Date of Birth: 04/05/1980
Current Vocation: Chief Consultant in HIV Medicine and Infectious diseases,
Ruby Hall Clinic and Noble Hospital, Pune
Past Vocation: worked as Associate consultant in HIV Medicine at Institute of
Infectious diseases, Pune for 2 years from 2007-2009.
Qualification: M.D. (Internal Medicine), A.A.H.I.V.S. (American academy
certified HIV specialist)
Working in field of HIV Medicine since last 5 years
1) Completed my undergraduate studies (M.B.B.S) from Byramjee
Jeejeebhoy Medical College and Sassoon General Hospital , Pune, India
in March 2002
2) Completed M.D. in Internal Medicine from University of Mumbai, India
in May 2007
3) Certified “HIV Specialist” by the American Academy of HIV Medicine
(AAHIVM) after completing the Academy’s professional credentialing
program in 2008.
1) “Effectiveness of generic fixed-dose combinations of Highly active
antiretroviral therapy for treatment of HIV infection in India”. Sanjay
2. Pujari, Atul Patel, Eknath Naik, Ketan Patel, Ameet Dravid et al. Journal
of AIDS (JAIDS) 2004 : 37 : 1566-1569
“Lipodystrophy and Dyslipidemia among patients taking 1 st line World
Health Organization recommended Highly active antiretroviral therapy
regimen in Western India”. Sanjay Pujari, Ameet Dravid ,Eknath Naik
et al. Journal of AIDS (JAIDS) 2005 : 39 (2) : 1263-1269
3) Work on HIV/AIDS was highlighted in “Science” Journal , April 2004
4) “Effectiveness and Safety of Generic Fixed-Dose Combination of
Tenofovir/Emtricitabine/Efavirenz in HIV-1-Infected Patients in Western
India”. Sanjay Pujari, Ameet Dravid, Nikhil Gupte et al. Medscape J
Paper / Poster presentation:
1) “Renal manifestations in HIV/AIDS” presented at West Zone Nephrology
society conference at Pune, Maharashtra, India in 2005
2) “Effectiveness and Safety of Generic Second - line Protease Inhibitor (PI)
based ART in Western India” presented at Conference on Retroviruses
and Opportunistic Infections (CROI) 2008 at Boston, USA.
3) “Patterns of drug resistance mutations after failure of first line NNRTI
based antiretroviral therapy in Western India” was presented at HIV9
conference at Glasgow, United Kingdom in 2009.
3. 4) “Tenofovir induced acute kidney injury amongst HIV positive patients in
Western India : a resource limited setting perspective” was presented as
a poster at HIV 11 conference at Glasgow, United Kingdom in 2012
5) Research paper titled “Tenofovir nephrotoxicity in resource limited
setting of Western India : Higher rate of renal function decline, acute
kidney injury and progression to chronic kidney disease compared to
Western data” was selected for oral abstract presentation at 7th
International conference on HIV pathogenesis and treatment (IAS
2013) held at Kualalumpur, Malaysia in 2013.
Workshops / Seminars:
1) “Certificate Course in HIV Medicine” conducted by CHART Foundation
in January 2004 which is affiliated to University of South Florida, USA.
The course is aimed at providing education and hands-on training to
clinicians working in field of HIV Medicine in developing countries.
2) Participated in HIV (e) Education program conducted at Pune,
Maharashtra, India in March 2006.It is a training program in HIV/AIDS
treatment care via World Wide Web targeting health care workers in
developing countries. This was conducted by Health (E) Foundation,
3) Participated in “Advanced course in HIV Medicine” conducted at
Montpellier, France by European AIDS clinical society (EACS) for
physicians working in field of HIV/AIDS from low-middle income
countries in 2007.
4) Participated as a teaching faculty in the “Basic course in HIV Medicine”
conducted as a joint collaboration between Institute of Infectious
4. Diseases, Pune, India and Pune Municipal Corporation for training
medical officers in the National AIDS Control Organization (NACO)
sponsored Free ART rollout program.
5) Participated in “Advanced course in HIV Medicine” conducted by
Institute of Infectious Diseases at Pune, Maharashtra, India in
collaboration with HIV-TRI and Royal Free Hospital , London in March
6) Participated in “European Clinical research course (ECReCO)”
conducted by European AIDS clinical society (EACS) in Zagreb, Croatia
in October 2011.
7) Teaching faculty for the workshop titled “Protease Inhibitors in
Resource limited setting” conducted in Pune and Kolhapur,
Maharashtra, India by Cipla Inc. in May 2008 as a part of Continuing
medical education (CME) for clinicians working in HIV/AIDS in India.
8) Teaching faculty for the seminar titled “TB/HIV : a synergy from hell”
conducted in Kolhapur and Ahmednagar,Maharashtra,India by Genix
Inc. in October 2008 as a part of Continuing medical education (CME)
for clinicians working in HIV/AIDS in India .
9) Teaching faculty for the seminar titled “Antiretroviral therapy : Current
concepts ” conducted in Dhule,Maharashtra,India by Alkem Inc. in June
2009 as a part of Continuing medical education (CME) for clinicians
working in HIV/AIDS in India
Participated as a faculty in the seminar titled “HIV infection: What
a common man must know?” organized by Rotary Club of Poona and
Rotary International in Pune, India in February 2010 to educate the
people about the myths and misperceptions about the HIV/AIDS
epidemic in India
1) I have worked as an investigator on “TREAT (Therapeutics, Research,
Education and AIDS Training) ASIA” project for a period of 2 years from
2007-2009. It is an observational database which involves collection of
data on patients suffering from HIV/AIDS in developing countries and is
sponsored by AMFAR (American foundation for AIDS research )
2) I have also worked as an investigator on “TREAT (Therapeutics,
Research, Education and AIDS Training) ASIA” cancer database which
involves collection of epidemiological and clinical data of HIV positive
patients suffering from cancer in resource limited settings during the
3) I was a co-investigator in “HIV Tropism study” conducted at Institute of
Infectious diseases, Pune, India by Pfizer Inc. in December 2008. It was
a cross sectional study done to know tropism of HIV virus in treatment
naive and treatment experienced patients in resource limited setting.
1) I was awarded the European AIDS Clinical Society (EACS) scholarship
to attend the “Advanced course in HIV Medicine” which was held at
Montpellier, France in September 2008.
2) B. Braun Scholarship for the year 2006-2007 awarded for “Excellence
in Clinical Research” by B. Braun foundation, India in October 2006.