1. MINISTRY TEAM:Pastor: Rob Renberg - 738-7840 (firstname.lastname@example.org)Youth Pastor: Matt Amundsen - 786-2699 (email@example.com)Worship Arts Director: Chad Lippincott - 251-554-9955 (firstname.lastname@example.org)Church Secretary: Judy Timmer - 399-4410 (email@example.com)Elder of the Week: Rick Taylor - 281-8100Deacon of the Week: Barry Dekker - 786-329614461 James Street, Holland, MI firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail)www.parksidebiblechurch.com (website)Our Mission: Learning from God’s Word…Growing in God’s Grace…Reaching with God’s Love!May 5, 201310:45 a.m.Dr. Rob Renberg, PastorGROUNDBREAKING SERVICE TODAYFOR OUR CHRISTIAN EDUCATIONAND YOUTH WINGOUR CHILDREN ARE OUR FUTURE!CONGRATULATIONS ON THE UPCOMING CHRISTIANEDUCATION & YOUTH WING!
2. This WeekToday 4:00 pm VBS Worship Team PracticeTonight 5:45 pm Youth Praise BandTonight 6:30 pm Sr. High Youth GroupTues. 5:20 pm Start of PBC Golf LeagueTues. 6:00 pm Parkside Runner’s/Walkers ClubWed. 6:30 am Men’s Prayer/Coffee GroupWed. 6:30 pm Jr. High Youth GroupThurs. 3:00 pm Open Gym for YouthThurs. 6:00 pm Couch to 5K ClassFri. 6:00 pm Young Couples DowntownSat. 8:00 am Church Yard Cleanup DayInformation For Your First Time AtParkside Bible…1. WE ARE HAPPY TO HAVE YOU WITH US TODAY. PLEASE FILL OUT A WELCOMECARD LOCATED IN THE PEW. RETURN YOUR COMPLETED CARD TO THEWELCOME CENTER TO RECEIVE YOUR GIFT & WELCOME PACKET.For prayer requests or decisions, please check the appropriate box on the back.2. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO USE OUR NURSERY & CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES.Our children’s programs provide a warm, nurturing & well-supervised program for yourchild. Your child will be much happier with our trained volunteers than in the worshipservice and sermon presentation. Lessons are taught at an age appropriate level utilizingmusic, games, drama & multimedia & other methods.3. PLEASE DO NOT FEEL OBLIGATED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE OFFERING.The offering is for regular attendees who consider Parkside Bible their church home.As our guest, we only ask that you turn in your welcome card, or bring it to theWelcome Center behind the fireplace for a gift.ASSISTING IN WORSHIP THIS MORNINGUSHERS GREETERSBarry Dekker Pete Jimmerson Vic & Breva Grasmanis (Front Door)Jim DeFrell Vaughn VandenBrink Mike & Amy Cooke (Welcome Center)NURSERYSUNDAY SCHOOL INFANT(9:30 am) (10:45 am Age birth– Age 2)Cassandra Tooke Hannah & Brian HodgsonHolly RenbergCHILDREN’S CHURCH LIBRARY(Dismissed from Service-Age 3-Kindergarten) Linn BradfieldElaine & Becky TaylorSarah SchultzFINANCIAL TEAM PRAYER PARTNERSRick Taylor-Elder Dennis KlemmBarry Dekker-Deacon Doug DibkeyBrian Hodgson Keith WelchHarold KimbelASSISTING IN WORSHIP NEXT SUNDAYUSHERS GREETERSBarry Dekker Noah Dekker Tammy Grabiel & Doug Reyers (Front Door)Owen Smith Vaughn VandenBrink Terry & Kay Agal (Welcome Center)Sub: Jim DeFrellNURSERYSUNDAY SCHOOL INFANT(9:30 am) (10:45 am Age birth– Age 2)Sally Taylor Linda & Jessica FurbushSally VanderHaarCHILDREN’S CHURCH LIBRARY(Dismissed from Service-Age 3-Kindergarten) Fran HarigSabrina & Katie PreikszasBina KlemmFINANCIAL TEAM PRAYER PARTNERSKevin Mason-Elder Terry AgalA.J. VanKampen-Deacon Paul WoltersKeith Welch Rick TaylorScott Miles Don Lawton5/5 Brandon VanOrder5/6 E.J. Fogerty5/6 Ruthann VanAelst5/8 Dave Timmer5/8 Scott Nieboer5/10 Donna BronsinkComing UpMay 12 9:30 am Last Regular Sunday SchoolMay 12 MOTHER’S DAY!May 12 10:45 am Baby & Child DedicationMay 14 6:30 pm Women’s Board MeetingMay 17 5:30 pm B.R.I.D.G.E. at Beechwood InnMay 18 1:30 pm Roger Kuiken Golf ScrambleMay 19 10:00 am Service Time ChangeMay 19 11:30 am Sunday School Closing/BBQMay 19 5:45 pm Mandatory VBS All-Staff TrainingMay 20 7:00 pm Board MeetingJune 2 Noon Secret Heart Sister Reveal Day5/5 Don & Debb DeJonge5/6 Dick & Fran Harig
3. New Prayer Requests:t Pray for a proper diagnosis and treatment for Tom Arens,Diane Cartwright’s son, who was in the Emergency Room lastMonday due to a possible urinary tract infection.t Pray for continued improvement in the health of Al Jacobs.t Pray for a successful surgery this Friday at University ofMichigan for Dave Timmer.t Pray for wisdom for Sharon Holmquist as she decides if sheshould have another chemo or stop it.t Pray for complete healing for Lois Cosby’s son, Gary, fromCincinnati who had a massive stroke on April 25.t Pray for relief for Amy Douglas, Vaughn and Dawn VandenBrink’s daughter, whohad a very serious reaction to an IV antibiotic that was given to her before backsurgery on April 22.Continued Prayer Requests:t For continued healing for all who have had recent surgeries and illnessest For the homebound: Mary Carmichael, Judy Blauwkamp, Kay Everett, andNelvie VanKampen;t For all marriages in the church - that those that are strained may be restored;t For our children of all ages to lead Godly lives and make wise choices;t For the unsaved - that they will accept Jesus as their personal Savior and forthose who have been saved recently that God will show Himself in their lives;t For our country and that we as a nation will turn to Christ for guidance.Church Families of the Week:♥ Randy & Beth Riegler, Joe and Ben ♥ Allen & Ethel Riemersma♥ Jay & Cara Riemersma, Sophia, Trip and Nick ♥ Jeannie Ritchie♥ Lourdes Rivera ♥ Paul & Melva Russcher♥ Dave & Tina Rosenberger, Joshua Shumaker & LaurenGGF Sister Church of the Week:† Bitely Community Church in Bitely, Pastor Ken LyonMissionaries of the Week:♦ Gonzalo (Talo) Vergara, Missionary to South AmericaEsquiu 267-X5004AEE, Cordoba, ArgentinaEmail: email@example.com events!MEN’S PRAYER/COFFEE GROUPEvery Wednesday at 6:30 a.m. at the churchFellowship, devotions and a great cup of coffee!Come when you can...leave when you must.CLEAN UP DAY AT THE CHURCHThis Saturday, May 11 8:00 a.m. until noon or doneBring shovels, pitch forks and wheel barrowsCoffee, juice and donuts providedCHILD & BABY DEDICATIONSunday, May 12 (Mother’s Day)Dedication forms located on the Children’s Ministry CounterB.R.I.D.G.E.Building Relationships in Dinner & Games Each MonthFriday, May 17, at 5:30 p.m. at Beechwood InnAll women are invited!May 19 - 11:30 a.m.Sunday School Closing featuring the Critter Barn animalsfollowed by a BBQ Picnic. All are invited. See details in bulletin.YOUNG COUPLES EVENTJoin the Young Couples this Friday, May 10, as they meet downtownto enjoy the Tulip Time activities. Plan to meet at the statue in frontof West Michigan Community Bank on 8th Street at 6:00 p.m. Youcan eat dinner, snack or just hang out until 7:00 when we’ll headover to see the Dutch Dancers. RSVP to Hannah Hodgson at616-283-9945 or just show up!Due to the Groundbreaking service this morning, children will bereleased for Children’s Church at the beginning of the service andneed to be picked up before we go outside. If you have children in theInfant Nursery, please pick them up before we hold our service outside.
4. JR. HIGH YOUTH GROUPGrades 6-8Wednesdays 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.SR. HIGH YOUTH GROUPGrades 9-12Sundays 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.JUNIOR HIGH HAPPENINGS:Upcoming: June 5 Youth Group Finale - Welcome in 5th GradersSENIOR HIGH EVENTS:May 12 - No Youth Group due to Mother’s DayALL YOUTH:PICK UP THE SUMMER SCHEDULE AT THE YOUTH COUNTER!PLAN TO ATTEND THE FOLLOWING EVENTS THAT ALL YOUTH ARE INVITED TO:June 21-22 30 Hour Fast 4 PurityJuly 17-20 Radically Practicing Grace at Grace Bible CollegeAugust 22 Tigers Ball Game“OPEN GYM” ON THURSDAY AFTERNOONS IS DONE FOR THE YEAR.Jr. High Youth Group on Wednesday:This Wednesday we will have a special Tulip Time Themed Game Night!Plan to join us for lots of fun, games and food!Sr. High Youth Group tonight :We’re heading downtown for Tulip Time! Bring $ for food and rides. We will leave thechurch at 6:30 pm and return at 8:30 pm. If you want to meet us downtown, be at thelibrary at 6:45 pm. Our evening will end with a devotion at Centennial Park.JR. HIGH WEDNESDAYS 6:00 PM SR. HIGH SUNDAYS 6:00 & 8:00 PM“LOVE...IGNITE...GLORIFY...HOPE...TRUST…SACRIFICE” (L.I.G.H.T.S.)One half of all proceeds from food and drink purchases go to our monthly mission cause.Try our new Sweet Tea!Clouds Without Rain by P. L. GausBroken English by P. L. GausDeadline by Randy Alcorn#1 Ever Present Danger & #2 Never Look Back by Kathy HermanIn the Company of Others by Jan KaronPoor Mrs. Rigsby by Kathy HermanBorders of the Heart by Chris FabryTEEN: So Not Happening by Jenny B. JonesLies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMossLand of the Lone Star Series by Tracie Peterson -#1 Chasing the Sun#2 Touching the Sky#3 Taming the WindThe library is seeking donations of children’s DVD’s such as VeggieTales. Please see Ella TenHarmsel or drop them off in the library.OUTSIDE OPPORTUNITIESLPC CLIENT ADVOCATES NEEDED Lakeshore Pregnancy Center is offering a training session onMay 11, 13, 15 and 17 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for anyone interested in becoming a volunteer clientadvocate. Call 396-5840 Ext. 33 for details.GROUP TOURS Happy Town Christian Travelers and Mobile Ministries Solutions invite you to ThePhantom of the Opera with Gail & Dale Zieger this Tuesday, May 7 or next Monday, May 13 and toChrist’s Passions & the Creation Museum on May 9. Other upcoming tours include The Grand Hotel onMay 16-17 with keynote speaker Gloria Gaither, a Mystery Tour “Planes, Trains and Automobiles” onMay 21, and a Whitecaps game on May 29. Pick up flyers from the women’s ministry counter or talk toGwen Lawton (298-8674).GGF FAMILY BIBLE CONFERENCE Save the date...July 17-20, for Grace Gospel Fellowship’s 70thAnnual Conference held at Rush Creek Bible Church in Byron Center. Enjoy inspirational speakers,service projects, workshops, Bible studies and great Christian fellowship. For the teens, there will be“Ignite 2013 Radically Practicing Grace.” The early registration discount expires on May 15. Pickup a brochure at the Growth & Outreach Counter.ALL YOUTH ARE INVITED TO“PAINTBALL PANIC” ON MAY 18TH.More details next Sunday!Please Note:Our Sunday morning worship timewill be changing to 10:00 a.m. onMay 19. Please mark this on yourcalendar.
5. “GET IN SHAPE” OPPORTUNITIES!Join the Parkside Runners/Walkers who meet at Mt. Pisgah outby Ottawa Beach next to Dune Dogs every Tuesday evening at6:00 p.m. Run the 239 steps and the 1.3 mile trail or just take yourtime walking! It’s a beautiful view of Lake Mac and Lake Michiganfrom the top.If you’re interested in participating in the Bolivia MissionTrip 5K Fun Run/Walk fundraiser on June 8 or just wantto begin to run or renew your running, consider joining the“True Couch to 5K” class. The group meets on Thursdayevenings at 6:00 p.m. in the church parking lot.For more info or to sign up for either group, pleasecontact Tony Van Houten at 616-218-0205 or emailhim at firstname.lastname@example.org.Our Bolivia Mission Team continues to raise funds for theirupcoming trip. If you or someone you know, are looking for computerservices, please contact Claudio Burgos. The Bolivia Team is offeringcomputer repairs, upgrades, home network setup, virus removal, etc.for a donation in order to raise funds for their Bolivia mission trip.You can either email Claudio at email@example.com or call himat 616-283-6098. Leave a message if he does not answer. All fundscollected from this work will be donated to the 2013 BoliviaMission Trip.If you would be willing to donate sodacans and bottles to help out the BoliviaMission Team, please drop them offat the church office or give them toPastor Matt. Thank you!ROGER KUIKENMEMORIAL CLASSICThe Roger Kuiken Memorial Classicwill be held on Saturday, May 18,at The Meadows at Grand ValleyUniversity in Allendale with a shotgun start at 1:30 p.m. The costis $59 and includes 18 holes of golf with a cart, use of the practicefacility with range balls, prizes, dinner, and great fellowship! Theevent is open to men and women of all ages! You can sign upalone or make up your own team. All proceeds go toward the2013 Bolivia Mission Trip which will see 25 youth and adultsministering in Santa Cruz, Bolivia, this August. Pick up aregistration form at the Youth Counter. The deadline to registerhas been extended to May 12. Pick up an entry form today.If you have questions, please talk to Pastor Matt.VBS NEWS!There will be a MANDATORY VBSALL STAFF training session on Sunday,May 19, from 5:45 to 6:30 p.m. at the church.Please mark this date on your calendar. Alsopick up and complete a Volunteer Release Formfrom the VBS Table and turn it in at themeeting on May 19.If you are part of the VBS Worship Team, the next practicewill be on 5/19 at 4:00 p.m. before the All-Staff meeting.If you have questions regarding Vacation Bible School, pleasecontact Ria at firstname.lastname@example.org or 786-3372.June 17-June 21
6. Parkside PURE 5Kfor Youth MissionsSaturday, June 89:00 a.m. at the churchRun or walk for a cause - Parkside’s YouthMissions Program! Invite your friends and familyto do the 5K with you!The cost is $20 per person in advance or $25 afterthat date. Register by May 24 to be guaranteeda t-shirt.You can sign up today at the table inthe Fellowship Hall or go towww.signmeup.com/92630.SECRET HEART SISTER REVEAL DAYSunday, June 2 at noonIf you are a current Secret Heart Sister or want to becomeone or learn more about the program, plan to attend!There will be quiche, salad and drinks. Bringa final gift for your current Secret Heart Sisterand a thank you card for the person who hadyou. We will be drawing names for newSecret Heart Sisters which will be a 12-monthcommitment - from June 2013 to May 2014.If you plan to participate in the SHS program, pleasepick up a personal profile sheet from the Women’s MinistryCounter and RSVP to attend. If you have questions, seeKatie Ludlow or Sharon Hoogendoorn.Join us for a fun day with our Sunday School closing program. This year weJoin us for a fun day with our Sunday School closing program. This year wewill have lots of animals from the Critter Barn to pet and enjoy as part of ourwill have lots of animals from the Critter Barn to pet and enjoy as part of ourcelebration. Following our morning worship servicecelebration. Following our morning worship service (beginning at 10:00 a.m.),(beginning at 10:00 a.m.),we will gather at 11:30 a.m. for the closing program with recognitions of ourwe will gather at 11:30 a.m. for the closing program with recognitions of ourteachers and students, as well as a biblical lesson from our animal friends.teachers and students, as well as a biblical lesson from our animal friends.We have an allWe have an all--church BBQ planned after the closing program, and invite ourchurch BBQ planned after the closing program, and invite ourentire church family to attend this potluck style meal with the meat, drinks, des-entire church family to attend this potluck style meal with the meat, drinks, des-sert and table settings provided.sert and table settings provided.Parkside Sunday School Department will providethe BBQ meats & buns, table settings, beverages& dessert. Please bring the following to share...Last Name A – I: Baked Beans/Bean Casserole DishLast Name J – R: Fruit/Vegetable/Salad Side DishLast Name S – Z: Potato Side Dish (hot/cold)Make a little extra to share with our guests!
7. TOTAL CASH OFFERINGSAND 3 YEAR COMMITMENTS:$542,000Our VisionTo reach families and individuals in the Holland area with theGospel of God’s Grace through sound biblical preaching and teaching,dynamic worship and loving fellowship.To provide the facilities and resources necessary to continue to serveour community, encouraging personal spiritual growth in an atmosphereof grace, forgiveness and acceptance.As a result of these efforts, with God’s blessing, we believe peoplewill be led to a saving relationship with Jesus Christ, with individualsand families strengthened in their faith and witness.Groundbreaking CeremonyMay 5, 201314461 James StreetHolland, MichiganLearning from God’s Word,Growing in God’s Grace,Reaching with God’s Love!
8. TO GOD BE THE GLORY!To God be the glory, great things He hathdone!So loved He the world that He gave us HisSon,who yielded His life an atonement for sin,and opened the lifegate that all may go in.Refrain:Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,let the earth hear His voice!Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,let the people rejoice!O come to the Father thru Jesus the Son,and give him the glory, great things Hehath done!Great things He hath taught us,great things He hath done,and great our rejoicing thru Jesus the Son;but purer, and higher, and greater will beour wonder, our transport, when Jesus wesee.(Refrain)CCLI #505535Order of CeremonyWELCOMEJay Riemersma Chairman of the Board,Parkside Bible ChurchCONGRATULATIONS & BLESSINGSGreg Heath Vice-President for Institutional AdvancementGrace Bible CollegeJeremy Clark Executive Director ,Grace Ministries InternationalDevotional ThoughtsDr. Rob Renberg PBC Senior Pastor1998 - PresentCeremonial GroundbreakingJim DeFrell Board LiaisonDr. Rob Renberg Senior PastorPastor Matt Amundsen Youth PastorSabrina Preikszas Sunday School SuperintendentKyle Mason Youth RepresentativeDale Bronsink GBL Campaign ChairmanPrayer of DedicationDr. Henry Hudson Former PBC Interim Pastor(1997 - 1998)