1. Beyoncé Beyoncé originally started out in a girl group called Destiny’s Child with Survivor, Independent woman, Say my name etc.They were managed by Matthew Knowles which was Beyoncés dad who was a successful music producer.They then signed a record deal with Columbia Records in 1997 and their first big hit song was featured on the Men In Black soundtrack.They became a hit from the end of the 1990’s and then were a hit right throughout until 2005 when they eventually split wanting to pursue solo careers.
2. Destiny’s Child Albums Destiny’s Child No1. Killing time. The writing’s on the wall No1. Bills, bills, bills and Say my name. 8 days of Christmas No1. 8 days. Survivor No1. bootylicious and independent woman. This is the remix Destiny Fulfilled #1
3. Solo Albums (since 2006) Crazy in love B’day B’day Deluxe edition I am… sasha fierce I am… sasha fierce Deluxe edition 4
4. After Destiny’s Child In 2002 Beyoncé decided on a different interest to singing, she was in the film Austin Powers and acted as Foxy Cleopatra and released her first single for the film which was “work it out” and also in the Rom-com fighting temptations and also sung the films soundtrack. She has since done collaborations with other artists and has become a huge name in the music industry and has just married Jay-Z in secret and had the arrival of their daughter Blue-ivy
5. Beyoncés Album covers Beyoncés album covers are all headshots or mid- shots of her in different settings, the majority of them are staged in a studio with a plain background with beyonce being the main attraction of the cover.
6. The opening scene of the music video is a mid-shot of Beyoncé on a horse and its early in the morning as the sun is beginning to rise which then zooms out to a long shot to show her in a derelict area where there is rubbish thrown about. There then is a longshot showing the contrast in colours showing the dark black of the horse and the purity of Beyoncé in all white and white is represented as almost angelic and God-like showing superiority. It flips between Beyoncé on a horse, quick cutting shots of Police riot protection showing the chaos and them running about and Beyoncé being on top of a car as if she is leading the riots. She shows the superiority of the girls by showing the Police men running around in a panic with The girls stood in position ready for the police to come with the weapons and lions as protection fitting the theme of the song.As the police arrive Beyoncé is central of the girls in lots of gold headwear showing sheis the leader of the riot and then the music comes in which she is supported by the girls behind her with the lyrics in the song and the stance. The girls dance simultaneouslythroughout the video together fitting the lyrics showing the girls in union together and being strong in contrast with the police riot protection being all over the place and trying to control as much as possible but being unable to. The police officers are all covered but the girls are in slightly less clothing showing their femininity throughout but they’re dressed ready for war. The clips where only Beyoncé are shown show her ina very strong stance such as long shots stood in the centre stood up straight with water spraying in the background not touching her showing her superiority, another scene isshowing her in front of a car when it explodes and she just stands strong with this going on in the background. The last scene is lots of girls dancing together synchronised showing theyre an army of forces and showing their connection.
7. Beyoncés marketing Beyoncé is well established through Destiny’s child from the late 90’s and has become a huge star all over the world since becoming solo and married a huge music producer and rapper and also being in films so she is well known throughout. Her music and perfume campaigns are advertised throughout TV adverts, Billboards and also posters such as on buses etc. which will be widely distributed now only in the UK but all over America.