1. My Best Campaign EverModerated by:Laura HortonPardot
2. PanelistsKristin Anne CarideoOnline Marketing Manager Erin Braford Marketing AnalystDrew SmithDirector of Online Marketing
3. Kristin Anne Carideo
4. Best Campaign EverIntro to Bongarde:Bongarde is a 20 year old B2B publishing companyspecializing in safety compliance information. We aremaking the transition from traditional newsletterpublishing to web-first publishing, subscription websitesand SaaS products.My role:I was brought in as the online marketing manager inAugust 2010 to transition from a database CRM toSalesforce and to manage the implementation ofPardot.
5. Best Campaign EverThe Product:A subscription website offering content on legalcompliance for Canadian safety professionalslaunched in 2010. Niche market with most potential clients already subscribers to another Bongarde product Full-access 7 Day trial available Acquisition Sales Team calling on leads Robust website with a lot of content
6. Best Campaign EverThe Problem(s) Pre-Pardot: Poor sales followup No transparency into sales rep followup for management Low conversion from free trial to subscriber despite low price point Low education about the product Many reasons for prospects to take a trial, but intelligence for sales rep low on why they were taking the trial Prospects very hard to get a hold of by phone
7. Best Campaign EverSales Statistics Pre-Pardot: Averaging 110 trials per month Average 5.4% rate of conversion from trial to subscription Average $3,497 revenue on new subscriptions per month (price of 1 year subscription to product ranged from $595-$795 during that period)
8. Best Campaign EverSolution Implemented Pardot /Salesforce in August 2010 Installed Pardot tracking on all pages of OHS Insider website Utilized Pardot Form Handlers so prospects are creating a Pardot record at the same time they are creating a 7 day trial in our access-management system (A Member) Created a very simple drip campaign that sends 6 emails to prospect within their 7 day trial Educated Sales about utilizing Pardot to see what pages the prospect had visited prior to calling so they know what information the prospect was looking for
9. Best Campaign Ever
10. Best Campaign EverDrip Emails are: Meant to engage, not sell – they provide links and “check in” with prospects over the course of their trial Effective in getting in touch with prospects sales reps were otherwise unable to get in touch with Opened at a rate of between 25-35%, much higher than a call-contact rate
11. Best Campaign EverSales Statistics for 4 months After Trial Drip: Averaging 189 trials per month (previously 110) Average 9% rate of conversion from trial to subscription (previously 5.4%) Average $18,984 revenue on new subscriptions per month (previously $3,497).
12. Erin Braford
13. STR Software We’re in the ‘Automating delivery of documents from business applications’ business Primarily a technical audience – mostly speaking to users of various ERPs (Oracle, SAP) Want to leverage our 25 years of experience and expertise to speak to our primary audience as well as other decision makers We recently updated our site to a Content Management System (CMS) to optimize content publishing
14. BCE: BI Publisher UniversityWe have a ton ofknowledge to shareObjectives: generate leads,nurture leads, support salesby credentializing ourexpertiseEducational approach: sharefree, relevant content related toour expertise.Evolved into BI Publisher University
16. Pardot and BIP U• Placed valuablecontent behindforms• Began usingProgressive Formsmore extensively tocapture data we canuse for nurturing.
17. Pardot and BIP U• Hosted the formsand descriptions ofthe content onPardot LandingPages templated tolook and behave likethe rest of our site
18. Pardot and BIP U• We also put aform on the BIPUpage itselfcreating a“subscription”opportunity tojump start opt-ins
19. Pardot and BIP U• Using Email Templates, created “autoresponder emails” that contain linksto additional, related content.
20. Campaign PromotionCampaign featured prominently in our home page carousel
21. Campaign Promotion“For more information”section added to each pieceof content to help visitorsflow through the information:
22. Campaign PromotionWe feature a variety of contentin our sidebars throughout thesite.
23. Campaign Promotion• Emailed an invitation to check out BIP U to the relevant segment of our sales database• Actively promote the content itself via social networks• Include links to BIP U in presentation slides and related correspondence as a “for more information” call to action.
24. Early Results• We were pleased with the response rate from our internal database.• We have enhanced profiling with Progressive Forms and are collecting better information on new and existing contacts.• We have generated new, organic inbound traffic to the site as a result of the quantity, quality, and optimization of content in the BIP U.• Gaining insight into the visitor’s process and will use that data to make changes moving forward.
25. Next StepsBIP University has been integrated into our content planningroadmap and we will continue to develop content for it as wellas our other areas of expertise.At some point, we may determine that BIP U should move frombeing a ‘campaign’ to being a permanent fixture on our website.TBD based on data we collect over time.
26. Drew Smith
27. About Drew & AttivioDrew Smith, Director of Online Marketing • Responsibilities include Attivio webmaster, SF.com & Pardot administration, video & graphics production, social media management • Originally come from an Engineering management background, moved into Marketing three years agoATTIVIO • Enterprise software development company based outside of Boston, MA • Core product is the Active Intelligence Engine™ (AIE) platform sold to B2B, Fortune 1000 companies • AIE unifies all corporate data and content assets into a single, searchable platform (think Google behind the firewall)
28. “My Best Campaign Ever”Project called the “The Big Drip” • CHALLENGE: 28,000+ leads in SF.com that were stale and not being touched beyond our monthly newsletter. • GOALS: •Re-engage leads with a multi-touch drip campaign that offers compelling content related to Attivio and business problems we address. •Drive Prospect Scores to a threshold where they qualify for follow-up. • APPROACH: •Using content from our recent eBook, we carved out a series of drip emails and dropped leads into the program.
29. “The Big Drip” Content• Utilizes video and whitepaper assets that are included in a series of outreach emails with calls to action to view content as well as offer for a consultation.• Want to educate about Attivio, Unified Information Access and our product.• Scoring boosts, notifications based on Prospects’ activities
30. Results• Overall 13% engagement rate (clicks on calls to action)• Over 1000, formerly stale prospects have now re- engaged at some level with Attivio• 500 qualified (based on score) for follow-up by sales• What calls to action worked best? • Video = 54% of total clicks • PDF content = 28% of total clicks • Web Links = 14% of total clicks • AddThis = 4% of total clicks