Future Value Chain and Pantaloon Retail

  • 1,605 views
Uploaded on

Merger of Future value chain and pantaloon retail after ABNL deal with Pantaloon Fashion

Merger of Future value chain and pantaloon retail after ABNL deal with Pantaloon Fashion

More in: Education
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Be the first to comment
    Be the first to like this
No Downloads

Views

Total Views
1,605
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1

Actions

Shares
Downloads
56
Comments
0
Likes
0

Embeds 0

No embeds

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
    No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. ABOUT FUTURE GROUP
  • 2. FUTURE GROUP’S VISIONWe shall deliver Everything, Everywhere, Everytime for, Every Indian Consumerin the most profitable manner.
  • 3. 2007 :- Future Group crosses $1 billion turnover mark.Specialized companies in retail media, logistics, IPR and brand development and retail-led technology services become operational.Pantaloon Retail wins the International Retailer of the Year at US-based National RetailFederation convention in New York and Emerging Retailer of the Year award at theWorld Retail Congress held in Barcelona.Futurebazaar.com becomes India’s most popular shopping portal.2008 :- Future Capital Holdings becomes the second group company to make asuccessful Initial Public Offering in the Indian capital markets.Big Bazaar crosses the 100-store mark, marking one of the fastest ever expansion of ahypermarket format anywhere in the world.Total operational retail space crosses 10 million square feet mark.Future Group acquires rural retail chain, Aadhar present in 65 rural locations.
  • 4. LINE OF BUSINESS
  • 5. ORG STRUCTURE – PANTALOON RETAIL INDIA LTD. PANTALOON PANTALOON RETAIL RETAIL CENTRAL & FASHION FASHION CENTRAL &BRAND FACTORY ALL ALL BRAND FACTORY STATION STATION PANTALOON PANTALOON BLUE SKY BLUE SKY
  • 6. ORG STURCTURE - FUTURE VALUE RETAIL LIMITED FUTURE VALUE FUTURE VALUE RETAIL RETAIL BIG BIG FOOD FOODBAZAARBAZAAR BAZAAR BAZAAR
  • 7. ORG STRUCTURE – HOME SOLUTIONS RETAIL LIMITED
  • 8. THE DEAL• Future Group firm Pantaloon Retail has merged its wholly-owned subsidiary Future Value Retail, which runs Big Bazaar and Food Bazaar stores, with itself.• Pantaloon Retail, which will be renamed Future Retail, will operate as a single holding entity for all the retail businesses post merger.• It is essentially a financial reorganization, as operating profits of Big Bazaar were wiped out serving debt of Rs 2,700 crore in Future Value Retail on which the interest outgo was as high as Rs 330 crore.
  • 9. • The stock of Pantaloon Retail India Ltd (PRIL) fell 24% after Future Groups promoter, announced that PRILs fashion business would be demerged and sold to the Aditya Birla Group.• Some analysts have expressed concern disappointed that Future Group had lost its competitive edge in the fashion space. The transaction saw 65 Pantaloons stores and 25 Pantaloons Factory Outlets being transferred to Peter England Fashions, a unit of Aditya Birla Nuvo, a company that houses most consumer-facing businesses of the Kumar Mangalam Birla helmed conglomerate• It was sold to PEFRL (Peter England Fashion & Retail) which is a part of ABNL at 1600 crore and also with a transfer of 1600 crore• Pantaloon retail to Aditya With a Share Swap Ratio 1:5
  • 10. How to Reduce the Debt ?• D/E Ratio 0.82 and wanted it to reduce it to 0.54.• FY11 Balance Sheet Standalone: 2,173.12 Cr Debt Consolidated:6000 Cr.• Post-demerger, the holding of ABNL in PRIL through its subsidiary PEFRL will be 50.09 per cent.• The group, laden with an estimated consolidated debt of Rs. 6,000 crore,• Have finalized plans to exit from stationery joint venture with US-based Staples by selling its entire stake to the partner for up to Rs. 170 crore.• It is also mulling stake sale in Future Generali Insurance, a JV with Italian insurer Generali Group.• The group may hive off part of its 70% stake in Future Supply Chain (FSC), a supply management firm. The remaining 30% is held by Hong Kong-based Li & Fung, which is also interested in hiking its stake in the company.• In June, the group had sold majority stake in Future Capital Holdings to private equity firm Warburg Pincus for Rs 560 crore.
  • 11. Synergies• Cost Reduction• Restore Investor Confidence (Share Prices Rose to 153.50 ) (Currently trading at 144.50)• Reduce Debt