• Manager of Exchange Control
• Issuer Of Currency
• To maintain Reserves
• To maintain the currency and credit system of the
• To give boost to the economy in the best ways
• Supervises and controls all the
Commercial banks in the country.
• Acts as Banker’s Bank
• Acts as a Government’s Bank.
• Operating Monetary policy in the
• Offering Credit to the priority
sector, Industries and Exports.
Objectives of R.B.IFunctions
1. Develop and implement Monetary policy.
2. Supervision of all financial institutions.
3. Quality and the profitability.
4. Maintain Afghani currency.
5. Wide electronic payment system.
6. Modern banking services.
7. Relevant information to public.
8. Qualified staff.
• Execute Monetary policies.
• Foreign exchange reserves.
• Banknotes and Coins.
• Act as Banker and Adviser.
• Act as a Licenser, Regulator and all
institutions related to Finance &
• Development of transaction systems.