• Hindustan Times (HT) is one of India's
• Circulation of over 1.14 million.
• Readership of over 6.6 million.
• It has wide reach in many areas across
• Many other sister publications.
• The media group also owns a radio
• Hindustan Times was founded in 1924 by
Master Sunder Singh Lyallpuri, founder-father of
the Akali Movement and the Shiromani Akali Dal
• K. M. Panikkar was its first Editor with Devdas
Gandhi (son of Mahatma Gandhi) also on the
• The opening ceremony was performed by
Mahatma Gandhi on September 15,
• 1924 - Beginnings of Hindustan Times
• 1927- Hindustan Times, was reborn as Hindustan Times
• 1936 -The hindi daily Hindustan was launched.
• 1947 - Hindustan Times attained the status of being the
dominant newspaper in Delhi.
• 1960 - The hindi literary magazine Kadambini was
• 1964 - The group started actively targeting the youth of India
and launched the Nandan magazine.
• 1999 - The Hindustan Times celebrated its platinum
• 2000 - With a focus on localization, five new
editions for Calcutta, Bhopal, Ranchi,
Chandigarh and Jaipur were launched.
• 2003 - The media business of was de-merged
and incorporated under HT Media Ltd.
• 2005 - Hindustan Times successfully entered the
• 2006 - Fever 104 FM is launched, in technical
collaboration with the Virgin Group.
• 2007 - Mint, the business paper in partnership
with the Wall Street Journal was launched in
Delhi and Mumbai.
HT strives to be a visionary
organization and not an
organization with a vision. In
their endeavour to have a
alignment and commitment,
they have derived their
company’s vision that sets
the course and empowers
people to take action.