Microsoft Dynamics™ AX 4.0 Rapid Configuration Tool Intercompany Setup
Intercompany Example General Ledger > Journals > General Journal > Lines button Company DMI 100001 - Cash Company DMI Intercompany Account Company DMO Intercompany Account Company DMO 200008 – Liability CREDIT DEBIT
- Each company that will be used for intercompany transactions must have the same setups completed. The setup required is found in the Basic and General ledger modules.
- Create a unique number sequence so that intercompany journals can easily be recognized.
Basic > Setup > Number sequences
- The number sequence will be linked to the intercompany journal.
General ledger > Setup > Journal > Journal names
- The journal must be set up as "Daily" and should use the intercompany number sequence that was created earlier.
General ledger > Chart of accounts
- Intercompany offset accounts must be created in the Chart of accounts
- Enter the intercompany offset accounts for the currently active company.
General ledger > Setup > Posting > Intercompany accounting
- Enter the intercompany journal name for the company listed in the table.
General ledger > Setup > Exchange rates
- Verify each company has the same currencies defined
© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. This presentation is for informational purposes only. Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, in this summary.