2. Soft tissue covering the cranial vault It is hair bearing area of the skull Extends from supra orbital margin anteriorly to external occipital protuberance & superior nuchal line posteriorly On each side to superior temporal line
4. Skin A layer of thin skin containing numerous hair follicles, sweat glands, and sebaceous glands covers the scalp.Connective tissue A thick, dense, subcutaneous connective tissue is anchored firmly to the skin above and the membranous layer below. Fibrous and dense containing blood vessels and nerves
5. Aponeurosis Is formed by the gales aponeurotica.Loose Connective Tissue Allows freedom of movement of the superficial three layers over the top of the skullPeriocranium The periosteum of the skull. Firmly anchored to the underlying bone.
6. LOOSE CONNECTIVE TISSUE Called dangerous layer of scalp-emissary veins open here and carry any infections inside the brain (venous sinus) Bleeding lead to black eye Caput succedaneum in new born PERICRANIUM Injury deep to it take the shape of bone called cephalhaematoma
7. a. EYESb. NOSEc. EARS
8. The FaceBoundaries:1. Superior - Hairline2. Inferior- Lower border of the andible
9. Regions of the Face1. Forehead2. Temporal3. Orbital4. External nose5. Zygomatic6. Oral7. Cheeks8. Mental9. External ear
10. Eyelids (Palpebrae)- Form a curtain for the ocular globe or the eyeball.External features:1. Palpebral fissure - transverse elliptical opening between the upper and lower eyelid.2. Palpebral commissure (canthus( - the lateral and medial junctions of the upper and lower eyelids.3. Superior palpebral margins - covers the superior 1/5 of the iris when the lids are open.
11. External features:4. Inferior palpebral margins - cuts across the lower border of the iris when the lids are open.5. Cilia or eyelashes - project from the palpebral margins intwo or three irregular rows.6. Plica semilunaris - a cresent fold at the medial angle of the eye that separates the white of the eye from the medial, reddish-colored lacrimal lake.
12. External features:7. Lacrimal lake - small, raised, triangular are bordered by the plica semilunaris; a raised, reddish area within the lake is the caruncle.8. Superior and inferior papillae - are small, raised bumps at the junction of the ciliated hairless margins of the lids; at the apex of which is the lacrimal punctum.9. Conjuctivum - mucous membrane inner lining of the lid.
13. Root Tip Dorsum AlaColumna Anterior naris (nostril)
14. External Nose:-The framework is composed of the nasal bones,septal cartilage, lateral cartilages, and alar cartilages.-Skin of the nose is continues beyond the externalnares into the vestibule of the nose, with nasal hairs tofilter larger particles of dusts in the air.
15. External Ear- Contains a single elastic cartilage which provides support to the external ear.- Skin is tightly bound to the cartilage with no intervening subcutaneous layer.- Skin and cartilage is thrown into several folds.