1. Common Online
Pamela Mae G. Yalung
Bachelor of Secondary Education
University of Santo Tomas
• Email, sometimes written as e-mail, is simply
the shortened form of “electronic mail,” a
system for receiving, sending, and storing
electronic messages. It has gained nearly
universal popularity around the world with
the spread of the Internet. In many
cases, email has become the preferred
method for both personal and business
• A blog (short for weblog) is a personal online
journal that is frequently updated and
intended for general public consumption.
4. Online Chat
• The term online chat is used to refer to any
type of communication that needs the
internet to take place. This type of
communication usually offers real time and
direct transmission of text based messages.
5. Social Bookmarking
• It is tagging a website and saving it for later.
Instead of saving them to your web browser,
you are saving them to the web. And, because
your bookmarks are online, you can easily
share them with friends.
• Abbreviation of Uniform Resource Locator
(URL) it is the global address of documents
and other resources on the World Wide Web.
• Streaming or media streaming is a technique
for transferring data so that it can be
processed as a steady and continuous stream.
• A podcast or netcast is a digital
medium consisting of an episodic series
of audio, video, PDF, or ePub files subscribed
to and downloaded through web
syndication or streamed online to a computer
or mobile device.
• VoIP (voice over IP) is an IP telephony term for
a set of facilities used to manage the delivery
of voice information over the Internet.
• A wiki (sometimes spelled "Wiki") is a server
program that allows users to collaborate in
forming the content of a Web site.
11. Social Networking
• A social networking service is a platform to
build social networks or social
relations among people who, for
interests, activities, backgrounds, or real-life
• all the resources and users on the Internet
that are using the Hypertext Transfer Protocol
• HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is a
language to specify the structure of
documents for retrieval across the Internet
using browser programs of
14. Web Feed
• A web feed (or news feed) is a data format
used for providing users with frequently