1. OUR VISIT TO THEANTEQUERA MUSEUM 1º ESO of Pedro Espinosa Secondary-School (Antequera) March,2012
2. THE BUILDING ● The Museum is placed in the Najera Palace. ● It stands on the well known Coso Viejo Square. ● There are twenty permanent exhibition rooms.
3. This is one of the most famous items you can see atthe museum: the so called Efebo de AntequeraIt is a 154m tallRoman sculpture in bronzeof a young boy. And he is 20centuries old!
4. You must go to Room IV in the Museum to see him!
5. This is ACILIA PLECUSAS TOMB You will see it in Room III.Acilia Plecusa used to be a slave servant inthe Roman town of Singilia Barba (IaC).After marrying Manio Acilio Frontón , arich man, she was set free.The discovery of her tobm was a surpriseand a great success for the arqueologists.
6. These are someother pieces youcan see in theMuseum.
7. Do you know this man? His name is Cristóbal Toral and he wasborn near Antequera. In fact, he studied at Pedro Espinosa High-school. As you can see, he is a painter. A very good one!
8. Some of Torals works are in the Antequera Museum: Rooms XIX and XX. Some Luggage By Cristóbal Toral
9. These are only some of amazing pieces of Art andHistory you will find in this Museum.Come and enjoy an unforgetable visit to the pastand present of Antequera.
10. How to behave at the MuseumWhile we are visiting the Museum, REMEMBER...
11. THINGS TO DO Take your time to● Look● Read● Listen● Learn● Enjoy
12. THINGS NOT TO DODont touch Dont eat or drink Dont shout or run