• You cannot get a yes without asking for the sale.
• If you don’t ask for the sale they won’t offer to buy.
• The second best response in our sales process is a FAST NO. If a decision hangs around, you become emotionally attached to it and will impact you negatively when it finally turns out to be a no anyway – which in 95% of cases it does.
• Over 90% of all calls will result in a negative way. Being direct and constantly closing will highlight the objections early and allow you to discuss the real issues.
• Your pitch should include a built in, automatic close at the end immediately after you have quoted the price. You should also have another close built in to the qualifying after question one and two and you should close once more, at least before the end of qualifying. Consistent and constant closing like this will also allow you to emphasize and increase the credibility of your urgency.
• ALWAYS BE CLOSING – it is dynamic; confirms your belief and enthusiasm, adds to your credibility, demonstrates you have no fear of loss, allows you to understand the genuine objections rather than the false ones and makes you feel better about your strength of character and process because you are in control and not allowing the prospect to dictate the pace.