2. Link building is the process of increasing the number and quality of links pointing to the main pages of your website. Our goals are getting links from:<br />Different domains<br />Relevant sites<br />Keyword anchored links to deep pages<br />Authorities sites<br />
4. Links from Different Domains<br />YourWebsite.com<br />Site<br />Site<br />Site<br />Site<br />Site<br />Site<br />YourWebsite.com<br />Site<br />
5. Links in Keywords anchor text format<br /><ul><li>The most important search ranking factor in 2009, according to Seomoz research.
6. Because of abusive practise of this link building tactic, Google may depreciate the value of anchor text links in the near future. However, it will probably still be a ranking factor.</li></li></ul><li>Links from authority Sites<br />Who are the popes in your industry? <br />Get them to bless your site!<br /><ul><li>Hints that a website is an authority in the subject:
7. Popular in the industry
8. Linked by other popular websites
9. Useful content for your niche</li></li></ul><li>Is link building easy?<br />It depends...<br />A link is a link, but some are better than others. <br />Guess which links in the pyramid are more valuable?<br />
10. How to build quality links for a website?<br />Without buying links?<br />
11. What are your competitors doing<br />That you could do as well?<br />Press Releases<br />Post on Technorati<br />Links on blogs<br />Perfect anchor text<br />
12. What are your competitors NOT doing<br />That can make you stand out?<br />
13. But there are some tips...<br />There is no ‘one fits all’ solution<br />Credit<br />
14. Know your industry <br /><ul><li>What sites and blogs do your customers read?
15. Who are the influencers? </li></ul>What sites do they link to and why?<br />
16. Have your Unique Selling Points clear<br /><ul><li>What makes your site/ product/ service unique?
17. If your site/ product/ service sucks, it will be difficult to get industry authorities to endorse it.</li></li></ul><li>Have a blog in your site’s subfolder<br /><ul><li>It’s easier to get a link to a blog than to commercial pages
18. If your blog is in your subfolder (www.site.com/blog) a link to it will benefit your domain
19. Blogs are more flexible. You can include content quicker and use it for link bait</li></li></ul><li>Interact with bloggers<br /><ul><li>List all the blogs in your niche and contact them.
20. Do they accept guest posts?
21. Do you have free trial of your product to offer them for a review?
22. Can you offer freebies to their readers?
23. Sometimes it’s enough to e-mail them asking to include your website in their blog roll. Be nice and personal!</li></li></ul><li>Act as a PR or hire one<br /><ul><li>Do you have an expert in your company who could be interviewed? Are you releasing a new website/ product/ service? Has your company conducted any industry research?
24. Be friends with journalists, contribute to them. They need news as much as you need links.</li></ul>Spread the News! <br />(and don’t forget to include links to your site when doing it)<br />
25. Use Social Media<br /><ul><li>Not only because Social Media is a new Ranking Factor</li></li></ul><li>Use Social Media<br /><ul><li>Or because social presence helps Google to see you as a “Brand” site – possibly an important ranking factor.</li></li></ul><li>If you are doing it in a good and creative way,<br />If your website offers a great customer experience <br />If you can stand out from your competitors<br />Links will be a plus.<br />Use Social Media to Interact <br />with customers, bloggers and influencers.<br />