2. Management spectrum<br /> Effective software project management<br /> focuses on the four p’s:<br /><ul><li> People
5. project </li></li></ul><li>People <br /><ul><li>Cultivation of motivated, highly skilled
7. Practice areas for software people:</li></ul>Selection<br />Performance management<br />Training<br />Career development<br />A<br />
8. Product <br /><ul><li>Before a project can be planned, product objectives and scope should be established, alternative solutions should be considered, and technical and management constraints should be identified
9. project objectives and scope:</li></ul> Objectives identify the over all goals for product.<br /> Scopes identifies the primary data, functions and behaviors.<br />
10. Process <br /><ul><li>A software process provides the Framework from which a comprehensive plan for software development can be established.
11. A small number of framework activities are applicable to all software projects, regardless of their size or complexity. </li></li></ul><li>Project<br />We conduct planned and controlled software projects for one primary reason. <br />To avoid project failure:<br /><ul><li> Must avoid a set of common warning signs.
12. Understand the critical success factors that lead to good project management .
13. Develop a commonsense approach for planning, monitoring and controlling the project. </li></li></ul><li>Advantages<br />Spectrum provides technology solutions designed specifically to reduce the cost, technical and schedule risks of wireless programs. <br />Better management information and system control using proven technology <br />Reduced operating costs <br />A competitive advantage in the market place <br />A totally integrated business solution <br />A much more acceptable and effective implementation process <br />
14. Best-in class technical services<br /> Spectrum's products are complemented by domain-specific applications engineering services, comprehensive training and technical support.<br /> Spectrum also offers product life cycle and component/configuration management throughout their deployment.<br />
15. Pre-scales applications support<br /> Interactive meetings with Spectrum’s Field Application Engineers (FAEs) provide customers with a clear understanding of how Spectrum solutions will match their application and product requirements.<br />
16. Program Management<br /> Spectrum assigns program managers to all projects, who manage and track projects from conception to completion, interact with customers daily, and keep costs and schedules on track.<br />
17. System Integration<br /> Spectrum works with customers to integrate Spectrum solutions and Spectrum-sourced third party embedded components into a complete signal processing system.<br />