2. What Is Pinterest?Its a virtual pin board that lets you organize andshare the things you like on the internet.
3. Pinterest’s Mission Our goal is to connect everyone in the world through the things they find interesting. We think that a favorite book, toy, or recipe can reveal a common link between two people. With millions of new pins added every week, Pinterest is connecting people all over the world based on shared tastes and interests.
4. Great Another SocialNetwork?
5. Hold On A Second!
6. What Is Pinterest.. Everything is image-based, so its great for visual people such as myself. You install a Pin button on your browser so that whenever youre browsing something youd like to save, simply hit the button and a box will prompt you to label your pin.
7. How did Pinterest start? ‘I was always collecting images on the web in folders on the desktop of my computer, but it wasn’t a very good system for remembering where things came from or who made them. We wanted to create a place where you can go to upload or collect things on the web and simply organize it the way you want to.” -Evan Sharp, Pinterest co-founder anddesigner
8. But How Do You Start?
9. How To Start
10. How to start! You need to create an account. You don’t have to have Facebook or Twitter but having them does make your sign up process easier.
12. You need to be Invited. Find a friend that can invite you or ask pinterest to invite you.
14. Ask me to invite you!I’d be Happy to!http://pinterest.com/paigestor y/
15. What’s Next…..
16. Create Personalized Boards
17. Boards A board to keep all your pins organized your categorize then specifically to what pins your going to put in them. For example: Dream Home, Fashion, DIY Projects, Etc.
19. Just Start Browsing!
20. You Don’t Know How To Pin??
21. When you join pinterest you get an email to add a pin it button to your browser bar. When You are browsing through pinterest and you want to repin another persons pin all you have to do is click on the repin button.
22. Why JoinPinterest?
23. It’s A Community
24. Pinterest is a Community Who doesnt love to see what their friends like? Who doesnt want a peek into someone elses dreams for a moment? Want to see what recipes your friends are collecting? Want to see crafts all your mom friends are planning for the upcoming holidays? Want to see what new cars the family down the street are considering? All of that can be seen on Pinterest. Its a way to get a peek into someone elses life.
25. You Get To Be Yourself
26. You Get Ideas. You can find recipes, outfit, house and beauty ideas also great DIY projects. And so much more.
28. It’s Addicting I personally could spend hours and hours on pinterest. And I know of many people who feel the same way.
29. How many people usePinterest? iPhone app downloaded 200,000 time per/day 14 minutes average time spent on Pinterest 2.3 billion page views just in March Over 4 million daily unique visitors
30. If You Start Pinning You willLove it!Why??
31. You Can Self-Express Pinterest, first and foremost, is a place for people to express themselves. The premise behind the website is for people to create virtual bulletin boards and "pin" what they find interesting to them. They can create as many boards as they like for as many different aspects of their lives as they want. Pinterest allows for a form of self-expression online that other social networks dont. It is based almost entirely on images. Its perfect for our visual society. People can express themselves and fulfill that need we all have.
32. Your Curiosity Pinterest allows you to follow other people on the website. That means you can see what they are pinning to their boards. This can be quite fascinating to the Pinterest user. You can learn more about people you already know or people youre just getting to know. The fact you can see what others are pinning to their boards makes Pinterest quite intriguing to many people. It makes it quite a fascinating place for people to hang out.
33. You Can Create Memories Everyone loves creating memories. Pinterest boards are like virtual scrapbooks. The user can create several boards for whats important to them at that moment in time. As with anything in life, the user will change over time so the boards capture a digital snapshot of that time period in their lives, their likes and dislikes, their hopes and desires, for that time when it was created.
34. You Can Life Plan Some people use Pinterest for planning. There are stories of people using it to plan a trip or even plan an entire wedding! Whatever you are planning, Pinterest offers a place for you to organize everything. You can split different aspects of your planning into different boards or put it all into one board.
35. It’s An Escape Sometimes you just need to escape for life for a few minutes. One reason people love Pinterest so much is because it offers them that. They can hop on and see what their friends are pinning. Or they can surf the web and find things they want to put on their boards. But Pinterest is all about escaping from life for just a little while.
36. By the end of all thisyou will be saying….
38. How Popular is Pinterest???
40. What Kind Of Stuff Do YouFind On Pinterest? EVERYTHING!!From fashion, to quotes, to DIY projects, to wedding day dreams, to your Dream Home and so so much more….
41. See For Yourself…Here Is some Stuff I’ve Found.
42. Still Not Convinced? Sign up or even just browse through it and you will see how fast you fall in love with Pinterest!
43. Check It Out!See for yourself sign up for pinterest here: Pinterest