World Prematurity Day 2013 in
LAHAV – Assosiation for The Premature
Babies in Israel
• 160,000 births per year in Israel.
• 10% of them are preemies.
• Severe shortage of manpower &
• High density in the NICU.
• 80% of preemies don’t receive the
treatment they need after delivery or after
their discharge from NICU.
The Knesset mark World Prematurity Day
The State Control Committee
– Examined reports released by the state comptroller on the situation
of medical and nursing services in the prematurity field.
The Children Rights Committee
– Establishment of a breast milk bank
– Ways to increase assistance to families with premature babies.
The Labor, Welfare and Health Committee
– Discussed the services package for families with premature babies.
– The NICU situation.
We presented an exhibition called:
“Larger than Life”
Photographs of premature infants
taken by their parents during their stay
in the NICU.
It was presented in the Knesset for 3