Here’s an example of what a check-in looks like on Foursquare, and how you’ll know if there’s a special being offered.
Yelp was founded in 2004 to help people find great local businesses like dentists, hair stylists and mechanics.Yelp had an average of approximately 86 million monthly unique visitors in Q4 2012.Yelpers have written over 36 million local reviews.Every business owner (or manager) can setup a free account to post photos and message her customers.Yelp makes money by selling ads to local businesses - you'll see these clearly labeled "Yelp Ads" around the site.
Snap a picture, choose a filter to transform its look and feel, then post to Instagram. Share to Facebook, Twitter, and your blog too – it's so easy. It's photo sharing, reinvented.
Began in 2009 as a way to find or rate specific dishes.As a foodseeker, you can…Explore your city or neighborhood to see the nearest, latest and best foods around you.Look up a restaurant and see what’s good there.Find a particular dish that you’re craving.Bookmark foods you want to try by clicking (“Want it!”)Vote up foods you’ve tried and loved (“Nom it!”).Access guides from experts like the Travel Channel to see the nearest recommendations to you.Follow people and guides that you trust, and places and foods that you love.As a foodspotter, you can...Share where to find a food you love by uploading a photo (“spotting it”), emailing it to email@example.com (you’ll need to add details from the website), or adding it to a guide.Complete guides, scavenger hunts and challenges to earn badges and recognition.Become a dish expert by spotting five or more foods of the same type.Earn virtual points for making quality contributions to the Foodspotting community.
Photo: zhrefch on Flickr
Social Media Can
Download this presentation at:
Claiming Your Yelp Place
• Step 1: Search for your business
– If your business is not listed, click Add a Business
• Step 2: Click “Work here? Unlock this business page”
• Step 3: Create a business account using a neutral email
• Step 4: Phone authentication process
• Step 5: Fill out profile information
• Great video tutorial in Yelp Support for Business Owners
Source: Fargo-Moorhead CVB
• Upload a photo
• Name the location
• Describe the dish
• Share it!
• Create an account
• Post photos of your best dishes and daily
• “Follow” and reward your spotters or
• Correct errors about your restaurant using
“Suggest Place Edits”
• Add photos to your website using the
• Wait for new tools for restaurant owners from
But What Can Restaurants Do …?
Can I Help?
Photo: .Spartography on Flickr
Sarah Page, Principal
Sarah T. Page Consulting, LLC