Brand Building through Digital. Customer Engagement Tactics that go beyond tweets and shares which will help you yield good results out of content marketing. How to strengthen the path from likes,
Brand Building through Digital. Customer Engagement Tactics that go beyond tweets and shares which will help you yield good results out of content marketing. How to strengthen the path from likes, shares, pageviews to sales.
Three Content Channels
Today’s content is EVERYTHING you publish on the web.
“...the [potential] customer needs evidence that
we understand their problem better than they do
before they’ll buy, share or recommend us...”
When it comes to producing content
Make content that audience will want to see
And figure out how to remove as much
branding as possible.
Which content engages for you?
• Information and news
– Links to blog posts
• Yours AND Others
– Free downloads
– Customer service Q&A
• (Contribute to win)
– New product info
– Product discounts
– Live events
– Product reviews
• Drives traffic and conversions
Why social Content?
• Nice to have or necessity?
• Increases the KLTC (Know, Like, Trust and Convert )
factor of your brand
– Brands that show up consistently, with interesting content
build a following
– Brands who personally engage with individuals create
– Customers buy from brands they know, like and trust
• Builds credibility
• Differentiates you from the competition
• Enables people to share and talk about your brand
• Drives traffic
Turn your friends into agents.
Read news feed. Someone may post a “does anyone
Just like LinkedIn, there are Facebook groups. Watch and
You can email anyone in Facebook.
Research and join (“like”) company pages. Watch and
Create content that’s both high- quality
Use Tweeter Effectively
Tips related to you products
New product announcements
Ask questions/for opinions
Ask which of your products
they like the best?
Tweet cool pictures of your
Ask for the retweet!
Tweet recent blog posts
Tweet a video
Moving Beyond Social
• Facebook updates, tweets, pins, shares, likes, etc are
simple ways to spread the content and make it viral.
Measure Content Marketing Efforts
• Content Consumption
– Downloads, page views, particular queries
relating specific content, etc.
• Content Sharing
– If your content is shared, measure what is shared
the most, frequency of sharing, etc
• Lead generation or Conversion
– Actions taken after consuming content like filling
up contact forms, makes a purchase, inquires
about your offerings, etc
Power of Content
Content creates WEAVE
WEAVE creates a Social Business
What’s WEAVE? “That’s my Book” J
If integrated in your content strategy -
Content Marketing forecasts for
2014they need to move beyond
marketers will realize that
publishing in order for their content marketing efforts to be effective.
- Connie Bensen, Dell
• Visual storytelling will become the next battleground for content
marketing. Whether it’s vines, slideshare or brand videos, marketers
need to learn to tell stories in an emotional and visual way.
- Michael Brenner, SAP and B2B Marketing Insider
Content Marketing forecasts for
• Content marketing will become less of a buzzword and more of a
way of life.
- Lisa Buyer, Author of Social PR Secrets
• It will become increasingly difficult to attract an audience to your
content as more people produce content. So promotion of your
content will be key. This will be through blogger and influencer
outreach, social advertising, co-creation of content to get exposed to
new audiences etc.
- Ian Cleary, Razor Social