1. Welcome to the Commerce Career Services Recruiting Webinar!
2. Today’s Webinar Participants
3. Commerce Career Services Introductions
4. Tom Fitch Assistant Dean/Director Tom works closely with employers to develop and/or expand on their relationship with The McIntire School of Commerce. He works with the Commerce Career Services team to meet with faculty and students in order to provide an innovative approach to career development.
5. Jeannine Lawrie Associate Director Jeannine serves as a member of the CCS student advising team and provides one-on-one counseling, group career advising, and job search assistance to undergraduate and graduate students. She collaborates with Assistant Directors to plan and execute a year-long series of student workshops covering relevant career-related topics. Jeannine assists the advising team in managing the Employer-in-Residence Program, contributes to various office projects, and supports the CCS mission and goals.
6. Amanda Flora Assistant Director and Today’s Moderator Amanda serves as a member of the CCS student advising team, with a specific focus on the needs of the graduate students. She works closely with graduate faculty and staff to ensure that outreach to graduate students and potential classroom presentations meet the needs of the students. In addition, Amanda interacts with and advises undergraduate students and contributes to office-wide projects.
7. Denise Egan Assistant Director, Wachovia Advisor Denise provides career counseling to McIntire students, along with targeted outreach to women & minority students and our growing population of international students. She works with the Commerce counseling team to develop programs and workshops in areas such as career exploration, opportunity searching, and professional preparedness. Additionally, she manages our Employer-in-Residence program that allows employers representing a variety of industries to maximize their presence at the COMM School and provide constructive assistance to undergraduate and graduate students.
8. Mary Riner Director for Employer Relations Mary joined McIntire’s Commerce Career Services (CCS) Office in 1997. She works in partnership with Peggy Ehrenberg, and together they serve as the CCS recruiting team. As Director for Employer Relations, Mary collaborates with employers who are interested in targeting McIntire students for internship and full-time employment opportunities. She often assists employers as they devise their firm’s McIntire recruiting strategy and provides company branding advice. Mary manages McIntire’s annual career fairs, Commerce Career Day, and the Business Career Internship Fair, as well as the School’s annual destination report.
9. Peggy Ehrenberg Assistant Director for Employer Relations Peggy is the communication liaison for employer/recruiter postings of interest to McIntire students. She works in partnership with Mary Riner and Emily Culbertson in support of our contact and student placement databases, as well as co-manages McIntire’s CommTRAK online recruiting database. Peggy also brands and markets our CCS events.
10. Emily Culbertson Career Services Assistant Emily is a 2008 graduate of Ohio University (B.S. in Sociology) and has one of the most important CCS roles as our first point of contact. Emily brings an expertise to CCS from two consecutive internships held in U.Va.’s HR department. Emily manages the McIntire Minute, a quarterly CCS newsletter for recruiters. Her supportive role with our McIntire students and employers enhances our customer service.
11. Goals of Webinar <ul><li>Brief overview of undergraduate and graduate programs </li></ul><ul><li>How you can promote your company brand at McIntire </li></ul><ul><li>How we interact with other career services at U.Va. </li></ul><ul><li>Employer-in-Residence Program </li></ul><ul><li>Social Media </li></ul><ul><li>Q&A </li></ul>
12. McIntire Undergraduate Program
13. McIntire Undergraduate Program <ul><li>Fourth-year students choose one or more specialized area(s) of concentration: </li></ul><ul><li>Accounting </li></ul><ul><li>Finance </li></ul><ul><li>Information Technology </li></ul><ul><li>International Business </li></ul><ul><li>Management </li></ul><ul><li>Marketing </li></ul>
15. <ul><li>M.S. in Accounting </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.commerce.virginia.edu/grad/msaccounting/ </li></ul><ul><ul><li>About 50% enter with employment </li></ul></ul><ul><li>M.S. in Commerce </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.commerce.virginia.edu/grad/mscommerce/ </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Finance OR Marketing/Management Concentration </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Fifth-year program </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Students must have liberal arts background </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>3 phases: Two ICE blocks followed by Global Immersion (China or Europe) </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Graduation date in August, with classes finishing in June or July </li></ul></ul><ul><li>M.S. in MIT </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.commerce.virginia.edu/grad/msmit/ </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Executive Format </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>-12 months in Charlottesville (June graduation) </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>-16 months in Northern Virginia (August graduation) </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Most students enter with 10+ years experience with sponsorship and many remained employed while in program </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Computerworld “IT School to Watch” (September 2008) </li></ul></ul>
16. <ul><li>CCS Employer Relations </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Design Recruiting Strategies </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Resume Collections and On-Grounds Interviews </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Job Postings for Students and Alumni </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Destinations Report </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Promote and Schedule On-Grounds Recruiting Events </li></ul></ul>
17. Build Your Brand
18. CCS Employer Relations Collaborate with CCS to Design a Recruiting Strategy We recognize the importance of a well-designed recruiting strategy optimizing your McIntire recruiting experience. Design a strategy that will effectively recruit McIntire students. On-Grounds Interviewing (OGI) OGI includes telephone interviews, video conferencing capabilities, resume collections, and job postings (for students and/or alumni.) CommTRAK Target McIntire students only through CommTRAK McIntire’s e-recruiting system . Employer-in-Residence Participation Conduct resume reviews, mock interviews, workshop participation in Rouss & Robertson Halls. CCS Career Fairs Commerce Career Day (CCD) and Business Career Internship Fair (BCIF)
19. U.Va. Recruitment
20. Online Recruiting for U.Va. and McIntire Students All U.Va. Students McIntire students only
21. <ul><li>Located in Bryant Hall at Scott Stadium </li></ul><ul><li>99% of interviews take place in the stadium skyboxes </li></ul><ul><li>All students may use UCS resources </li></ul><ul><li>On-Grounds recruiting is maintained by UCS </li></ul><ul><li>Advising is targeted primarily to CLAS students </li></ul>University Career Services
24. For more information on the student groups listed above http://www.commerce.virginia.edu/student/studentorg.asp Advertising and Marketing Association* Alpha Kappa Psi* Beta Alpha Psi Beta Gamma Sigma Commerce Christian Fellowship Commerce Council Consulting Group at McIntire* Graduate Commerce Council McIntire Global Connect McIntire Investment Institute* National Association of Black Accountants* Sales & Trading Group* Socially Responsible Investment Organization* Student Entrepreneurs for Economic Development* Women's Business Forum at McIntire* *The organization is also open to non-Commerce students McIntire School of Commerce – Student Organizations
25. Social Media
27. Become a FAN of Commerce Career Services http:/tinyurl.com/ccsfanpage
28. Make sure you read the quarterly McIntire Minute (electronic newsletter), a snapshot of what is going on in the particular recruiting season within the McIntire community.
29. E-mail invitations sent in early June.
30. E-mail invitations sent in early October
31. Questions And Answers
32. Tom Fitch , Assistant Dean/Director, email@example.com (twitter.com/tomfUVA) Jeannine Lawrie , Associate Director, firstname.lastname@example.org Amanda Flora , Assistant Director, email@example.com Denise Egan , Assistant Director, Wachovia Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org Mary Riner , Director for Employer Relations, email@example.com Peggy Ehrenberg , Assist. Director for Employer Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org Emily Culbertson , Career Services Assistant, email@example.com Contact Info
33. BusinessWeek Ranks McIntire School of Commerce No. 1 Among Nation’sUndergraduate Business Programs