ABOUT INFI BEAM
Infibeam is an e-commerce company headquartered
in Ahmedabad, India.
It is an online retailer for books, electronics, and automobiles
in India. Started in 2007.
It has a total of 1300 employees.
The turnover of the company was reported to be Rs.1000
Crores as of November 2013.
Web address:- www.infibeam.com
• Infibeam was founded in 2007 by Vishal
• Infibeam.com started as an automobile
portal in 2007, but later turned into an
• In 2010, Infibeam launched 'Pi', India's first
• e-commerce platform software service
• e-commerce marketplace
'dhamaal.com' and its own branded e-
• Infibeam.com, the online retail website
of the company, sells books, electronics
and lifestyle products.
• The website has a selection of 1.2 Crore
products across books, electronics,
lifestyle, gifts and media. In 2011.
• Infibeam extended its e-commerce
platform to build online stores for
• In August 2013, Infibeam launched the e-commerce
marketplace Dhamaal.com in association with
• The website which is built on Buildabazaar platform, is
also extended as co-branded marketplace with 50
• In February 2010, Infibeam launched Pi, an e-book
reader that uses E Ink electronic paper technology.
• supports 13 Indian Languages.
• The device, which is less than 10 mm thick, weighs
• In 2011, Infibeam launched the second version of its
eBook readers and named it Pi2.
• Infibeam followed up the Pi2 with an Android tablet
In 2008, Infibeam added 11 new categories of
mobiles, health equipment, mobile accessories,
cameras and photographic imaging.
The number of customers increased by over 400
per cent 2008-2011.
• Infibeam targeted the community of Internet users
who were currently online.
• Most Indian online shoppers were in the age group of
18 to 49 years.
• They had an average annual income of 11,48,850.15
An increase in income levels.
• 1. Probability of sale.
2. Expected demand volume.
3. Vendor lead time into the nearest Infibeam
4. Supplier terms.
5. Obsolescence factor of the product category.
• Delhi was the main centre of operations.
• The bulk of the company’s marketing efforts
was focused on its present registered users by
direct emails containing information about
latest deals and promotional offers.
• Infibeam received more than 4 million visits to
its site per month.
• Infibeam had almost equal share of orders coming
from northern (29 per cent), western cost (30 per cent)
and southern (31 per cent) India.
• the average time spent on the website, increased by
50 per cent during 2010.
• The number of registered users increased the
compound annual growth rate (CAGR) by 360 per cent
• Flipkart : Flipkart was an Indian e-commerce portal
set up in October 2007 by Sachin Bansal and Binny
• The management projected revenue of 400 crores in
• eBay India10 : In 1995, eBay Inc. launched its website
eBay.com, which became the first and largest global
• Company operations were localized in about 30
countries with the United States being the largest
• Indiaplaza11: India plaza, launched in 1999,
was one of the first e-commerce portals in
India targeting the NRI segment with Indian
• Rediff12 : Rediff.com, which in 1996 started
primarily as a news and information site.
• Its revenues were 17.94 million in 2010–11.
• Infibeam tried to maintain low prices for
its products throughout the year.
• Infibeam’s strength lay in handling well
the supply chain of the tail products.
• Infibeam provided customer care
through 24-hour phone support, email
and detailed information.
• Infibeam had invested substantially in expanding its supply
• It was sourcing more than 12 million SKUs from around 700
suppliers for its own portal by 2011.
• It delivered through multiple courier agencies including Fedex,
BlueDart, Aramex, FirstFlight and many local courier agencies.
• The last delivery time is 2 days after ordering.
• E-commerce in the United States:-Amazon.com Launched in
• Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 U.S. states and 45
• In 2010, Amazon recorded revenue of US$34.204 billion with
a net income of US$1.152 billion.
• E-commerce in China: Alibaba3 Founded in 1999 in Eastern
• by Alibaba, reported more than 370 million registered users
as of 2010 and hosted more than 800 million product
• Alibaba launched a new Chinese language website named
Taobao — meaning “digging for treasure.
• Revenue USD 4.1 billion (2012).
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.