1. In Search of East Internet Company By Prashant Singh www.knowprashant.blogspot.com
2. <ul><li>WHO AM I ?? </li></ul>
3. What this Talk is about ? <ul><li>This talk is about those people who are not in this room . </li></ul><ul><li>The People who thinks Internet is a FAD </li></ul><ul><li>Why do they think so? </li></ul><ul><li>Are they Right ? </li></ul>
4. Do you know & Love these companies ?
5. Let’s Make Them Look more cute $ 15 Billion $ 580 Million $ 800 Billion $ 1.3 Billion $ 550 Million $ 100Million $ 90 Million
6. Lets Put These Number in perspective $ 500 Million $ 16.8 Billion $ 100 Million
7. What's Going On Here ?? What's the revenue Model ?? ADVERTISEMENT ?? YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING What Value is being created by them ? Audience ?
8. Why ?? Advertisement is not among worlds top 20 industries Less than 25% of Advertisement Budget is spent online
9. We need to understand the value proposition of these companies & we can take a Little Help from History
10. History of Exploratory Colonization
11. What the Hell is that ?
12. 1264: Marco Polo Discovered China 1492: Christopher Columbus discover America 20th MAy 1498 : Vasco Da Gama discovers india
13. 200 Years of Exploration and Discovery of New World and What was the Economic Logic/justification behind that ? Land Grab .. = Put your Country’s Flag there Write a Book /Memoir = Symbolic Value Establish Political Alliance = Strategic First Mover Advantage These Reason were OK But By No Mean Enough to justify Economic Aspect of these expeditions
14. 1617 East India Company was Formed & Granted Trade rights In India
15. East India Company was First to realize the commercial value offered by New World This value was in cotton, silk, indigo dye, saltpeter, tea and opium. By Getting “Value “ Right they got Business RIGHT REST IS HISTORY
16. Internet is a New World and it Offers a different type of Value Lesson [Not] Learned ?? New World Offer New Value . Business in New World Need To capitalize on those values
17. Internet Value Proposition? Can you Elaborate ??
18. Back to History Again Hunter Gatherers Agri Centric Industrial Organizational Information Cyberspace Gradual shift in value away from Nature
19. Some Case studies Net Addition to Physical world = 0 First Communication Medium with Reach(Braodcast),Immediacy ,Interactivity,Lifespan Aggregation + Sorting of Human Feedback
20. Some New Frontier of Value Creation Escape from REAL World ? Transcending Geographies Semantic Analysis of DATA Decentralized ,Equal Opportunity, HighQuality Information Repository
21. Web Is Waiting for Its EAST India Company Hopefully it will be from India