What is Printcasting?
- The simple niche publishing solution for the rest of us
- No software or design skills required.
- Easy way to pull in citizen content from blogs.
- Self-serve ad platform for small businesses
- Build ads as you type, then target your niche.
- N need to “sell ads.” Instead, we promote the tool.
Make a magazine like this in just 5 minutes …
How Printcasting Works
Drag-and-drop “Edition Builder” Video: http://vimeo.com/10899005
Self-serve ad tool
- Advertisers click a button, fill out a form and enter credit card. Done!
- Ads start at $10 per edition.
- Publisher can mark up rate.
Local Tests Around the World
- Bakersfield, Philadelphia are up.
- Puerto Rico and Perú launching soon.
- Fifth partner needed. Maybe in your town?
HP Print App in Development
- Selected as one of a handful of developers to create a “Print App” for new HP Web-connected printers.
What’s Next? Your digital content barista. Coming soon!
Publish once, distribute everywhere Web Tablets & eReaders Print
You feed in content, we feed out design
- Instead of “Printcasting,” think “Everycasting.”
- Feed in content from ANY content management system.
Joe Runner http://joesrunningworld.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/ Running News Site Name: Publisher name: RSS URL: Brew up a … Site design Printcast Mobile site eBook
- Chooses design style and output. The rest just happens.
We’ll still output to PDF, but also …
... straight to your Web site
Mobile sites are automatic
- We’ll sniff out which device you’re using to visit a site and optimize the interface for that device.
- We’re already doing some of this with Printcasting, and that work will be open sourced in June.
- Web sites will be 100% iPad compliant (and Printcasts already are).
- Additional outputs to ePub format used by Apple’s iBooks.
- Beginning in June, we’ll be building customized, branded services on top of open source tools.
- Want to know more? Please contact me:
- [email_address] / 303-465-5560
- Or, join our public community:
- Try Printcasting yourself: