Be the first to like this
Building an online community linking trade skills students, their employers and other educators creates a knowledge-sharing environment that enhances traditional TAFE training. In this session, stonemasonry teacher Simon Brown shares how he uses a wide range of learning technologies in a TAFE context.
The ancient craft of stonemasonry is continually being re-invented with the development of new materials, tools and techniques. World-wide, the stone industry demands responsive training, and with Queensland's geographic spread this means making full use of online communications.
In this session, Simon showcases how he:
• Uses free Web tools (including Ning, Wikispaces, Flickr, Youtube) and Videolinq video streaming technologies to engage students and guide their literacy development
• Re-focuses text-based learning resources into image-rich interactive learning experiences
• Collaborates online with industry personnel about their training requirements
• Displays apprentice achievements to a global community
• Regularly discusses educational technologies with fellow educators
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.