E reader presentation - Jennifer Gallagher and Sara LeniecPresentation Transcript
Sara Leniec & Jennifer Gallagher
eReaders in the SSL
Nook e-Reader Borrowing
Terms and Conditions
Borrowing a Nook
• Nooks can only be loaned to University members with a valid card. They can be borrowed for one week and can be
renewed up to two times.
• To borrow a Nook a reader must first read the Terms and Conditions listed here and sign the eReader loan agreement.
• The borrower accepts responsibility for the repair or replacement of the Nook and/or peripherals in the event of loss,
theft, or damage including fines & processing fees.
• Replacement fees are charged at market value at the time of damage plus an administration charge.
• The Nook does not count towards the maximum number of loans.
• The Nook cannot be loaned for the duration of the vacation period and remains as a one week loan.
• Readers are responsible for the Nook issued to them until they have returned it and must at all times protect the Nook
from damage. A Nook issued to a reader should not be left unattended or lent to another person.
Using the Nook
• The reader must not alter the hardware in any way or download new software on to the Nook.
• The Nook is for the use of eBooks downloaded from the SOLO catalogue only. Readers must not download items
purchased from external websites and transfer them to the Nook.
• Readers cannot alter any software settings on the Nook.
Returning the Nook
• The Nook should be returned directly to the issue desk and not to the book return boxes.
• Overdue fines of £2.50 a day are payable. Overdue fines can be paid at any Bodleian lending library.
• The Nook should be returned as issued, with the box, case, and user instructions.
• The Nook will be checked after return for external damage or damage to software and the reader will be contacted if there
are any issues.
• Anything saved to the Nook will be deleted when it is returned, including notes and bookmarks.
• None return of a Nook after four reminders will generate an invoice for the replacement cost which will be added to the
readers library account.