ISTE National Educational Technology Standards (NETS) and Performance Indicators for Teachers (2000)
Technology Knowledgeable with current Operations trends and issuesand Concepts Be at par (or ahead) of students’ tech knowledge and skills
Prepared learning environment incorporating technology Effective classroom management technology Planning and Designing Learning Environments and ExperiencesAppropriate learning opportunities with technology-based strategies Steps backed up by Research.
Teaching, Learn ing and the Curriculum Technology must be infused in the curriculum. • These should maximize student learning.
Effective assessment and evaluation of student’s work. Assessment andGain feedback data from students Evaluation Manage students’ progress
Productivity and Professional PracticeOwn personal and professional development Continuous use for never- ending quest for knowledgeImprovement of the teacher as an educator and as a citizen.
Social, Ethical, Leg al, and Human Issues Harmful threats from irresponsible technology use Responsibility of each consumer when using technology
P E R F O R MA N C E A N D S T A N D A R D I ND I C A T OR S
NETS PERFORMANCE ANDSTANDARD INDICATORS
1. Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity Teachers use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity and innovation.
a. Promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventivenessa. Promote student reflection using collaborative tools
Useful resources and examples for this Standard: M•ath Playground • EToys•Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching (MERLOT)•Scratch•wikis, blogs, podcast
2. Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments Teachers design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessment incorporating contemporary tools and resources
a. incorporate digital toolsa. students’ diverse learning styles.
3. Model Digital Age Work and Learning Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and workprocesses representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society.
a. Digital Literacya. Collaborate with students, peers, parents and community members using digital toolsa. Model and facilitate effective use of current and emerging digital tools
Useful resources and examples for this Standard: Apple in Education W3Schools.com
4. Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility Teachers understand local and global societalissues and responsibilities in an evolving digital cultureand exhibit legal and ethical behavior in theirprofessional practices.
Advocate, model, and teach safe, legal, and ethical use of digital information and technology, including :a. respect for copyright and intellectual propertyb. digital etiquette and responsible social interactionsc. cultural understanding and global awareness
5. Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership Teachers continuously improve their professional practice, model lifelong learning, and exhibit leadership in their school and professional community by promoting and demonstrating the effective use of digital tools and resources.
a. Participate in local and global learning communitiesa. Evaluate and reflect on current research and professional
Useful resources and examples for this Standard: Teacher Web Education Forum
S H A R E DV I S I O N
E M P O w E R E D L E A D E R S
I M P L E M E N T A T I O N P L A N N I N G
C O N S I S T E N T A N D A D E Q U A T E F U N D I N G
Consistent and Adequate Funding
E Q U I T A B L E A C C E S S
S K I L L E DP E R S O N N E L
O N G O I N GP R O F E S S I O N A L L E A R N I N G