INTEGRATED ASSESSMENT PLAN
ABOUT YOUR TEAM
1. Group member names:
Write the names of your DETA 2 group members here. Leslie Starr; Natalia Moron; Katina Dziewiatkowski
2. Group member email addresses:
Please provide the email addresses we can use to contact your group members if necessary. Leslie.janin-starr@Browardschools.com ;
ABOUT THE PROJECT-BASED LEARNING UNIT
3. PBL Unit Title:
Enter the name of the PBL video your watched. Reading Film: The Story of Movies: Understanding Films and Filmmaking
Identify the different curriculum area(s) (i.e. subjects) that are addressed through the PBL unit in the video you watched. This would work for all curriculum areas
(subject) Critical thinking should be applied in all subject areas
5. Grade Range:
Identify the grade range for which the PBL unit in the video is designed. Middle School & upper Ele.
6. Goal of the PBL Unit:
What is the main goal of this PBL unit in the video you watched? What it is trying to achieve? The main goal is for teachers to teach students to think critically thru
teaching & applying 21st century methods.
Page 1 of 3
7. Essential Question:
Identify an appropriate essential question for PBL unit in the video you watched.1 How can you identify reality vs media enhanced information.
THE ASSESSMENT PLAN
Create a timeline that shows in chronological order the different types of assessments that you would suggest for the PBL unit in the video you watched.
1. Review the goals and essential question for the PBL unit.
2. Use the table below to create a timeline that describes the assessments you propose using at each major phase in the PBL process.
3. Identify the types of assessments you propose to measure mastery of the outcomes.
a. List each assessment in the appropriate place in the table below. Remember: Assess multiple outcomes/standards, using a variety of assessment types,
and assessing throughout the PBL process.
b. For each assessment, briefly describe the purpose of the assessment. What does the assessment measure? What information does the assessment give
the teacher? What information does the assessment give the students? How will the information generated through the assessment be used?
Phase Assessment Purpose
Before PBL work 1. KWL 1. to identify what they perceive as reality vs manufactured information. Too define our goals
2. Small group collages 2. compare & contrast reality & enhancement of information in films for authenticity.
At the beginning of 1. Word wall for movie vocabulary 1. To create a reference for common terminology.
the PBL unit (using picture notes)
2. To identify reality based information vs fantasy
2. List of which movies are based on fact
& those based on fiction
Essential questions are open-ended that lead to discovery and stimulate further interest in the topic. They also clearly support the targeted standards.
Page 2 of 3
Around the mid-point 1. Progress Journal 1. Identify key concepts learned daily
of the PBL unit
2. Web mapping (Kidspiration) 2. Organize the essential information
Toward the end of the 1. Power Point 1.To demonstrate their comprehension of reality vs enhanced information
2. Create a short vignette 2. To apply their understanding of media enhancement thru creating a small film
After the PBL unit is 1.KWL 1. To revisit our established goals for the lesson & to assess if these goals were accomplished
2. Progress Journal Evaluation 2. Evaluate the 3 most significant elements gained during the learning process
Page 3 of 3