1. The Rise ofSocial Customer Service Luke Brynley-Jones
2. Customers areengaging with brands
3. Brand Interaction Source: Fishburn Hedges & Echo “The Social Media Customer” May 2012 Poll of 2,000 UK consumers
4. Customersexpect support
5. Research: Eptica Multichannel Study 2012
6. Customers Are Learning Source: UK Consumer Advice Site
7. Service Follows Sales• 12 of the top 20 Facebook pages (UK Retailers) are actively selling to followers from the site• Either directly or by pushing users back to product pages on websites eDigitalResearch’s Social Media Benchmark July 2012
8. They Breathe It
9. Tweets 54,000 callsabout the areLondon deflectedriots from callreduced 999 centre eachwaiting month viatimes from social media41 secondsto 0seconds300,000customerswerereached
16. Resourcing Strategy 150 Trained & On Stand By For Emergencies 2,200 Trained & Mentored To Answer5,000 People Trained Questions Sent To2,000 People Certified TwelpforceBy Dell University
17. Brand Corrosion
18. The Key Lesson“It is impossible for enterprises to create an exceptional social service experience if they provide a sub-par experience via traditional support channels.“ Paul Greenberg, Author and industry Social CRM expert
19. Reputational Risk
20. Reputational Risk
21. Reputational Risk Approaching the end of the first day, this mass of negative tweets had reached an estimated 1.7 million people.
22. Reputational Risk
23. Reputational Risk
24. Even BAU Is Tough! Source: Brandwatch
25. Customer Experience How do social channels need linking with existing channels to unify customer journeys?
26. Mobility How Does Mobility Change Social Customer Service Expectations ?
27. Resourcing How is a 24x7 global demand resourced if needed?
28. Culture Is the more informal style of social interaction at odds with traditional customer service?
29. Scalability Will our listening strategy cope with increased volume?
30. Visibility Social Media workflow has little legacy integration, 360º views or reporting. What’s the right infrastructure?
31. Customer Data Should we be collecting social graph data and social interactions?
32. Escalation How can we maintain service levels when managing complex cross functional issues?
33. Learning How do we turn the wealth of real time insight being offered into organisational momentum?
34. Knowledge How do we effectively share across all channels?