SCIENCE EXAM UNIT 9: ECOSYSTEMS
1. A) What is an ecosystem? (2 p.)
B) What are the elements of an ecosystem?
C) Explain what includes each element and give one example for each element.
D) What is the difference between a population and a community?
2. Write about an animal. (Body characteristics, what it eats, where it lives, its ecosystem,
its trophic level, more information). Make a drawing of the animal labelling its parts. (2 p)
2. Complete the sentences: (1 p.)
Each __________________ in an ecosystem is called an _____________________ .
A _________________ is a group of organisms that live ________________ and
belong to the same species.
Populations of __________________ organisms live together and form a
_______________ relationships exist between members of different ______________.
_______________ relationships exist between members of the ________ species.
3. Make a food chain with the following organisms (2 p.)
Lion, giraffe, plant, fungus
A) Complete the diagram.
B) Now represent it in a pyramid way.
C) What is the difference between a trophic chain and a trophic web?
D) Invent a food chain.
5. A) Label the pictures with the name of each ecological problem. (1,5 p.)
B) What changes can we make in our daily habits to help environmental conservation and
6. What do decomposers do in an ecosystem? (1 p.)
What is water salinity?
Where can we find fresh water ecosystems?
What is an essential part of aquatic ecosystems?