HBC1019 Biochemistry 1-Tutorial 4
# Kindly prepare the answers before attending the tutorial class.
1. Explain the relationship between Identity, Homolog, Similarity and Conservation
in protein sequence.
2. What is the function of using substitution matrix and reshuffled alignment plot
graph in protein sequence alignment?
3. Describe 3 types of reversible enzyme inhibition.
4. Describe 5 ways of regulating enzymatic activity.
5. Explain the factors that contribute to the fluidity of the animal cell membrane.
6. Describe the structure and function of each domain of the calcium2+ ATPase.
7. Describe the active transport mechanism of ABC transporter.
8. Describe the structure and function of gap junction. B. How does gap junction
differ from membrane channel?
9. cAMP is a common 2nd
messenger in signal transduction. What are the advantages
of using 2nd
messenger in signal transduction? How is cAMP generated? How
does cAMP activate the protein kinase A?
10. Describe the structure of EGF receptor. How does EGF activate RAS? What is the
consequence of losing the GTPase activity in RAS?