Presented at Affilicon 2009: Find out the current state of social media and what are the trends to watch for. Utilize video marketing within your social media arsenal, and what tools to use to do it right.
Social Marketing Arsenal
And Creative Ammunition
Oren Todoros -
Think your product can’t be
WD40 YellaFella -TreatedWood
These Brands CARE.
It’s all about two-way conversation
Reevaluate what you do,
Do what you love.
350k Followers – Book deals –
Millions of $ of wine sold
iJustine a.k.a Justine Ezarik
A freelance graphic/web designer
and video editor.
Turned spokesperson for AT&T
Locals Leveraging New Media
Kfir Pravda Ayelet Noff
Video Social Marketing Social Media Strategy
Hillel Fuld Ezra Butler
Tech Reviews Video Blogger
New Media Methods
Guy Kawasaki Approach Targeted Approach
Accumulate as many followers as Segment your followers, build a
possible while being nice enough cluster of industry
not to be called a spammer. leaders, interact and build brand
Social Media Arsenal &
• Ping.fm – Micro Blog Broadcasting.
• WeFollow.com – Twitter Directory of users based on tags.
• Twollow.com – Mass follow users based on keywords.
• TweetLater.com – Scheduled Tweets and various tools.
• Tubemogul.com – Broadcast to all video tube sites
Tracking the Conversation
• FriendFeed.com - Build a customized feed of content based on your “friends”
• Google Blog Search / Google Alerts – Search the Blogosphere.
• Boardtracker.com – Search the biggest database of forums and message boards.
Switching from ME to WE
Quick Tips to keep in mind
• If your market isn’t on Twitter, then you shouldn’t be either.
• Remember it’s “Social” not “Sales” .
• Learn from others.
• Social happens in the real world, events, meet-ups, etc…
• Get involved in blog & site comments.
• YouTube: The Second Largest U.S. Search Engine.
Up and Coming Social Networks
• Multiply.com - a social network with a heavy focus on sharing media.
• Blip.fm - a social network based on musical tastes.
• Qik.com – Life casting / video streaming from your mobile phone!
• Seesmic.com – Video Based Discussions
• HYPick.com – Conversation based, No Voting System.
Cool, but how do we know it’s working?
• Social media marketing is in its infancy, think longer term.
• Don’t think ROI, Think ROV = Return on Value.
• The Real Cost, is Time.
Hitwise reports a 1332%
increase in web visitors on
• Interact, A LOT.
• Social networks come and go. Be ready for change.
• Get involved early.
• 20 Hours of Video Uploaded Every Minute! Video — learn to use it.
• Monetize. Who better than YOU?
Oh, by the way…
Your competitors may already know all this…
Where I Live