One way to think about Lead Score
• For each lead/person . . .
– Think of a “lead score” like coffee (or tea) filling a a cup. . .
– Lead scoring measures the fullness of each up
– EVERY lead has its own cup. . .
Filling the Cup
• How do we fill each cup?
– Behaviors (actions) —Does the person like us?
– Demographics — Do we like the person?
Some Behaviors fill a cup: Download white paper, visit web page
Some Behaviors empty a cup: Visit career page
Some Demographics fill a cup: Right industry, right geography
Some Demographics empty a cup: Job Title = Nigerian Prince
What we do with a score?
• Underlying Assumption:
Bigger Score = Better Prospect
– “I am comparing the cups of 100 people. . . “
– Some are overflowing and need immediate attention
– Some are partly full and should be watched
– Some are empty and need no action.
– “Do not give a cup to sales that is not full.”
– “Do something to fill the cup”
– “When the cup is full, hand it over.”