Campaigns and Goals
The Three Keys to Cracking the GA Code
Segmentation, Campaigns and Goals
The Three Keys to Cracking
the GA Code
the greatest presentation you’ve ever seen
What you’re going
to learn today:
1. How to connect all your inbound
and outbound channels to GA
2. To learn where your best (not
most) traffic is coming from
3. How to determine if that
campaign made you any money
To Google, this looks like:
● Doesn’t see the campaign, only sees the elements
● Mixes in non-campaign activity (Twitter links
unrelated to the campaign)
● Sifting through the haystack to find the needles from
the same brand. Good luck.
What did we learn?
1. How to connect all your channels to GA Google
2. To learn where your best traffic is coming from
Goals by segment
3. How to determine if that campaign made any
money Goals by campaign
Hi! I’m James Ellis!
but you might as well call me SaltLab
saltlab: @ | www | gmail
Director of Digital Strategy at
Thanks for coming!
Thanks Andy, Amanda and Orbit for inviting me onstage to make a fool of myself in
front of all of you.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
and ask for my book “Google
Analytics for Small Business.”
It’s yours free. Tell your friends.
No, I can’t believe it, either.