1. <Insert Picture Here>SOA Suite 10g to 11g UpgradeDmitry NefedkinOracle ISV Migration Center FMW ConsultantDmitry.Nefedkin@oracle.com
2. ISV Migration Center Team• Who we Are ISV Migration Center Team is a team of senior technical consultants based in Eastern and Central Europe and represents Oracles technical investment for partners.• Mission Statement Enable partners to rapidly and successfully adopt and implement Oracle latest technology• What do we Offer Whether you are selling Oracle technology, building business solutions, including hosted Internet solutions or providing system integration and implementation services for Oracle technology, IMC Team can help you succeed.• How can we assist We offer a wide range of free services for partners such as one2one assistance, webinars, seminars and hands-on workshops. ISV Migration Center blog: http://blogs.oracle.com/imcContacts:Ruxandra Radulescu, ISV Migration Center Manager, EE&CISruxandra.firstname.lastname@example.org 2
3. Agenda• SOA Suite 10g and 11g Architecture comparison <Insert Picture Here>• Setting up SOA Suite 11g environment• Oracle BPEL / Oracle ESB projects migration• Oracle BAM migration• Security components migration• Upgrading Other Oracle SOA Suite Technologies• Best practices• Getting more information
4. Oracle SOA Suite 10g
5. SCA – key enabler of the SOA Suite 11g properties Service Component Architecture: Java interfaceWSDL portType • language-neutral S S • component model service C1 R • assembly model wire Binding: • Specifications backed by a growing number of SOAP JMS leading industry vendors S JCS C2 • http://www.OSOA.org … R R • Being standardized at OASIS, the international open component reference standards consortium composite SCA terminology: • Composite: deployment unit • Service: entry-point into composite • Component: provides logic • Reference: refers to external services • Wire: connects services, components and references – no special semantic.
6. SOA Suite 11g SCA Service InfrastructureOne unified infrastructure to manage Mediation BPEL Rules Human Application MediationBPEL orchestration Task composers SCA Composite Human Tasks Web IDE services Business Rules and adapters Business Human SOA Composite Editor Mediator BPEL Rules Workflow 11g Service InfrastructureRepository Common JCA-based connectivity infrastructure Policy Manager Optimized binding BAM Oracle Service Bus B2B SOA Operations Web-based console 6
7. SOA 10g to 11g mappingRole SOA Suite 10g SOA Suite 11gJava EE container OC4J WeblogicManagement consoles BPEL Console, OESB Console, OWSM Console, Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Enterprise Manager (OC4J), BAM Management Control, Weblogic ConsoleOrchestration Oracle BPEL Process Manager BPEL Process Service ComponentHuman interaction Human Workflow Engine Human Workflow Service ComponentExternalize logic Oracle Business Rules Business Rules Service ComponentTransformation, Routing, Oracle ESB Inside an application/composite: OracleFan-out, etc Mediator Service Component, Enterprise- wide: Oracle Service BusApps and systems JCA Adapters JCA AdaptersconnectivityBusiness dashboards Oracle BAM (.NET-based) Oracle BAM (JEE-based)Security OWSM (proxy and gateway modes) OWSM (proxy), OEG (gateway)
8. Upgrade - High level steps• Plan out Upgrade• Create 11g SOA install/domain and load balancer from scratch• Migrate/Deploy applications to 11g • SOA JDeveloper projects • BAM Reports/Data Objects/Alerts• Configure 11g system from scratch• Migrate clients if necessary• Secure 11g system from scratch (example Identity Management, OWSM policies)• Cutover to 11g production system
9. Agenda• SOA Suite 10g and 11g Architecture comparison <Insert Picture Here>• Setting up SOA Suite 11g environment• Oracle BPEL / Oracle ESB projects migration• Oracle BAM migration• Security components migration• Upgrading Other Oracle SOA Suite Technologies• Best practices• Getting more information
10. Comparing Oracle SOA Suite on OC4J and OracleWebLogic Server
11. SOA Suite 11g installationServer-side installation:• Install Oracle Database for SOA components• Install database schemas using RCU• Install Oracle Weblogic binaries• Install Oracle SOA Suite binaries• Create Weblogic domain with SOA Suite componentsClient-side (developer machines) installation:• Install Jdeveloper• Install SOA Extensions for JDeveloper
12. SOA Suite 220.127.116.11 installation: server-side• You can use existing Oracle DB instance or create a new one (recommended)• Oracle SOA suite 18.104.22.168 certified with Oracle DB 10.2.0.4+, 22.214.171.124+ or 126.96.36.199+• RCU (Repository Creation Utility) used to create the schemas needed for the corresponding Fusion Middleware components
13. SOA Suite 188.8.131.52 installation: server-side• Install Weblogic 10.3.5, new Middleware home (MW_HOME) will be created as a result• Install SOA Suite 184.108.40.206 binaries into MW_HOME. Specific SOA ORACLE_HOME will be created
14. SOA Suite 220.127.116.11 installation: server-side• Start Fusion Middleware Configuration Wizard to create new domain: <SOA_ORACLE_HOME>/common/bin/config.sh• Specify products to be configured inside the domain• Specify domain name, location, ports for managed servers, etc…• Start Admin Server and managed server (s)
15. SOA Suite 18.104.22.168 installation: server-sideImportant notes:• To install SOA Suite environment for production deployment, follow the Enterprise Deployment Guide for Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Fusion Middleware High Availability Guide• Developers can install SOA Suite locally as well if they have enough resources on the laptops• SOA Suite pre-built VM for 22.214.171.124 provided here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/community/developer- vm/index.html
16. SOA Suite 126.96.36.199 installation: client-side• Install JDeveloper 188.8.131.52• Install JDev SOA Extension• Always use the same version for SOA server-side and JDeveloper• JDeveloper 184.108.40.206 does not have SOA Extension !
17. Agenda• SOA Suite 10g and 11g Architecture comparison <Insert Picture Here>• Setting up SOA Suite 11g environment• Oracle BPEL / Oracle ESB projects migration• Oracle BAM migration• Security components migration• Upgrading Other Oracle SOA Suite Technologies• Best practices• Getting more information
18. SOA Suite 10.1.3 11g Project Upgrade PathMostly transparent project upgrade: Open your 10gProject or Application in JDeveloper 11g, apply anymanual steps and re-deploy! JDeveloper or command-line 3. deploy 1. open 2. save 11g SOA Suite Server 10.1.3 ESB or BPEL project 11g composite project
19. Upgrade in JDeveloper• In-place upgrade of application/project.• Can upgrade any project, not just SOA projects.• All HTTP WSDL references in project must be accessible, so SOA 10g should be up and running.• Logs are in …/jdeveloper/upgrade/logs.
20. Upgrade in JDeveloperESB project -> SOA Composite
21. Upgrade in JDeveloper• Analyze the warnings in the log files generated during the upgrade process
22. Command Line Upgrade• Ant script available to upgrade SOA projects.• Cannot upgrade whole Applications.• Upgraded directory different than source directory.• Does not Upgrade .jpr files. Opening project in Jdeveloper creates .jpr file.• Can merge multiple BPEL source directories to a single upgraded target directory.• All HTTP WSDL references in project must be accessible.• Logs in …/jdeveloper/upgrade/logs• Same codebase used for JDeveloper upgrade.
23. Upgrading SOA Suite 10g Projects Using AntBefore you begin, set environment variablesset ORACLE_HOME=<MIDDLEWARE_HOME>jdevelopercd %ORACLE_HOME%binsoaversion.cmdUpgrade an 10g ESB service to an 11g Composite application with Mediator component:ant -f %ORACLE_HOME%binant-sca-upgrade.xml mediator -Dsource C:projects10.1.3EmployeeEmployeeService -Dtarget C:projects11gR1 -DappName EmployeeMerge several 10g BPEL processes to an 11g Composite application:ant -f %ORACLE_HOME%binant-sca-upgrade.xml bpel -Dsource "C:projects10.1.3EmployeeEmployeeSalaryApproval;c:projects10.1.3... ...EmployeeEmployeeInfo" -Dtarget C:projects11gR1 -DappName Employee
24. Manual steps• Strong attempt made to automate project upgrade as much as possible given large differences between 10g and 11g. • Not always possible. • A few things deferred due to time constraints.• Artifacts upgraded are BPEL processes, ESB services, Rules dictionaries, Human Workflow tasks, Adapters. Some limitations apply.• SOA configuration plans, fault policies, build files are not upgraded
25. BPEL instance Migration• Right now there is no support on for BPEL instance migration, or audit trail migration. Oracle investigating feasibility of instance migration.• Two choices for cutting over long running processes to 11g: • Side by Side Upgrade • Grace period cutover
26. BPEL instance Migration Side by Side Upgrade• 10g and 11g systems run side by side.• 10g system has all long running processes in retired state so no new process instances can be created.• Clients are switched over to 11g.• 10g system continues running until all callbacks arrive to complete long running processes.• 10g system is decommissioned.
27. BPEL instance Migration Grace period cutover• 10g system has all long running processes in retired state so no new process instances can be created.• After a grace period, all 10g long running processes are killed.• 10g system is decommissioned.• 11g system is brought up in production.
28. Configuration/Deployment Upgrade• 10g configuration files not automatically upgraded to 11g configuration files. 11g has to be configured using EM, JMX/Mbean APIs or WLST scripts instead.• SOA Composite properties can be customized in the deployment plan.• Cannot automatically upgrade from 10g SOA deployment plan to 11g deployment plan.• 10g SOA deployment units cannot be upgraded to 11g deployment units. Need to upgrade source instead and generate deployment unit.
29. Agenda• SOA Suite 10g and 11g Architecture comparison <Insert Picture Here>• Setting up SOA Suite 11g environment• Oracle BPEL / Oracle ESB projects migration• Oracle BAM migration• Security components migration• Upgrading Other Oracle SOA Suite Technologies• Best practices• Getting more information
30. BAM upgrade steps overview• RCU creates the schema for 11g BAM• Use Upgrade assistant (UA) tool to copy data objects/reports/alerts from 10g BAM system database to 11g BAM system database directly• 10g Enterprise Link is no longer supported• Native support for JMS connectivity in 11g• Native support for ODI integration in 11g• Configure 10g SOA clients to talk to BAM 11g or migrate 10g SOA clients to 11g.• Note: 10g SOA interoperates with 11g BAM, 11g SOA interop with 10g BAM is not certified.
31. Agenda• SOA Suite 10g and 11g Architecture comparison <Insert Picture Here>• Setting up SOA Suite 11g environment• Oracle BPEL / Oracle ESB projects migration• Oracle BAM migration• Security components migration• Upgrading Other Oracle SOA Suite Technologies• Best practices• Getting more information
32. Securing SOA composites OWSM Migration• 11g SOA install auto-deploys 11g OWSM policy manager• 10g OWSM policies do not migrate to 11g OWSM as they are syntactically different. Refer to OWSM guide for 10g policy to 11g policy mapping.• 10g OWSM Monitor functionality is provided by EM SOA Mgt Pack for 11g AppServer.
33. Securing SOA composites OWSM Migration• If 10g BPEL/ESB is secured using OWSM agent, then • There’s no need for agent migration as agent is built-in the 11g SOA runtime • Using JDev/EM, attach 11g OWSM policy to the migrated SOA composite.• If 10g BPEL/ESB is secured using OWSM Gateway, then • Continue to use 10g OWSM Gateway • Or, start using 11g built-in agents by attaching 11g OWSM policies to SOA composite. • Use Oracle Enterprise Gateway instead. See details here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/id-mgmt/migrating- owsm10gr3gateway-to-oeg-345897.pdf
34. Agenda• SOA Suite 10g and 11g Architecture comparison <Insert Picture Here>• Setting up SOA Suite 11g environment• Oracle BPEL / Oracle ESB projects migration• Oracle BAM migration• Security components migration• Upgrading Other Oracle SOA Suite Technologies• Best practices• Getting more information
35. Upgrading DVMs and XREFs• XPath functions to access domain value maps (DVMs) and cross reference tables (XREFs) are upgraded automatically when you open projects in JDeveloper 11g;• You must manually extract the DVMs and XREFs from Oracle ESB 10g repository and load them to the MDS Repository. Scripts/utilities are provided;
36. Migrate DVMs• Export DVM metadata to archive: <ESB10g_Oracle_Home>/export.sh metadata10g.zip• Convert the ZIP file to an Oracle SOA Suite archive file cd <SOA11g_Oracle_Home>/bin ant -f ant-sca-upgrade.xml upgrade-xrefdvm -Dsource=location_of_the_zip_file -Dtarget=location_of_the_soa_archive Output file will be automatically called sca_XrefDvmFiles10g_rev1.0.jar• Create new application in Jdeveloper 11g• Import->SOA Archive into SOA project• Create jar file with DVM metadata and deploy it to MDS
37. Migrate XREFsXREF_DATA table has changed in 11g, so special procedure is required for migration• Create public DB link dblink10g in SOA 11g DB to access SOA 10g DB• Extract XREF10gto11gDataUpgradeUtility located in the RCU_HOME/rcu/integration/soainfra/sql/xref• Modify Upgrade10gXrefTo11gXref.sql pointing to the shared MDS data location• Execute the Upgrade10gXrefTo11gXref.sql• Drop dblink10g DB link
38. Technology adapters migration• Run 11g Adapter Configuration Wizard for each adapter after SOA project upgrade;• Adapter header variables in 10g defined in the adapter WSDL file, in 11g they are the properties defined in Invoke activity in BPEL process or Assign values dialog in Mediator;• Non-managed connections are not supported in 11g, check adapter WSDL files before upgrade;• Description lost after upgrade of technology adapter• See the Upgrade guide for more details
39. Human Workflows migration• Human Workflows in 10g are defined in .tform files, UI is created with jsp pages in the same JDev project, deployed together;• Human Workflows in 11g are defined in .task files, separate ADF projects are created for UI, deployed separately;• During upgrade JDeveloper 11g automatically creates a new project for the task UI and upgrades the task detail pages;• Manual modifications of the WorkflowTask XSD may be required, refer to the Upgrade Guide for details
40. Client and Invoked Service Migration• Some 11g APIs are compatible with equivalent 10g APIs, some are different. • Worklist APIs are compatible. • B2B APIs are compatible. • Custom Sensor APIs are compatible. • BPEL APIs are functionally roughly equivalent with signature changes. • Rules SDK APIs are a functional superset.• 11g uses ws-addressing 1.0. Need patch for 10g BPEL client.• URLs in 11g has different syntax. (includes callback URL used by invoked services).
41. Agenda• SOA Suite 10g and 11g Architecture comparison <Insert Picture Here>• Setting up SOA Suite 11g environment• Oracle BPEL / Oracle ESB projects migration• Oracle BAM migration• Security components migration• Upgrading Other Oracle SOA Suite Technologies• Best practices• Getting more information
42. Best Practices Before migration• Ensure that SOA Suite 10g Projects are Up and Running on Latest SOA 10g Release• Install the Jdeveloper 11g with SOA Extension (currently 220.127.116.11)• Install the latest SOA Suite 11g version (currently 18.104.22.168) . Quick start guide for SOA Suite 11g - http://bit.ly/soasuitequickstartguide• Configure all the necessary resources (JDBC connection pools, JCA adapters, JMS queues, etc)• Order matters!• Start with a pilot project, do not use the Big Bang approach
43. Best Practices During and after migration• Recompile the migrated projects (11g BPEL compiler is stricter than 10g);• Think about rearranging the artifacts into the corresponding folders (xsd, wsdl and other file types). Change the referencing artifacts accordingly;• Run 11g Adapter Configuration Wizard for each adapter to verify the adapters configuration;• If you are using adapter header variables in SOA 10g BPEL projects, you have manually set them in the Invoke activity
44. Best Practices During and after migration• Refer to project for abstract WSDL and HTTP URL for concrete WSDL.• Create configuration plans for deployment of the SOA 11g composites• Use MDS to share WSDLs, XSD, DVM, EDL event files and other artifacts across projects (oramds://<path_to_the_resource>). If you are accessing any file from bpel xmllib you need to change the URL to MDS URL: • http://localhost:80/orabpel/xmllib/RuntimeFault.wsdl should be replaced with • oramds:/soa/shared/bpel/RuntimeFault.wsdl
45. Best Practices During and after migration• Do not blindly 1:1 migrate every BPEL /ESB project to the corresponding composite. You can not leverage SCA benefits by having many fine grained composites.• Use SOA Suite 11g partitions, it has some similarities with BPEL domains and ESB System/Service Groups in 10g• Explore the performance tuning options available in the SOA Suite 11g, look at Oracle® Fusion Middleware Performance and Tuning Guide• Production deployment architecture is different in SOA Suite 11g. Example: usage of Coherence instead of JGroups for cluster wide deployment. Look at Oracle® Fusion Middleware Enterprise Deployment Guide for Oracle SOA Suite
46. Agenda• SOA Suite 10g and 11g Architecture comparison <Insert Picture Here>• Setting up SOA Suite 11g environment• Oracle BPEL / Oracle ESB projects migration• Oracle BAM migration• Security components migration• Upgrading Other Oracle SOA Suite Technologies• Best practices• Getting more information
47. Getting more information• Oracle® Fusion Middleware Upgrade Guide for Oracle SOA Suite, WebCenter, and ADF 11g Release 1 (11.1.1)• Oracle® Fusion Middleware Developers Guide for Oracle SOA Suite 11g Release 1 (11.1.1)• Quick Start Guide for Oracle SOA Suite - detailed download, install and configuration instructions: http://bit.ly/soasuitequickstartguide• Oracle SOA Suite 11g Handbook by Lukas Jellema. Appendix A, online chapter supplements available here: http://technology.amis.nl/blog/13380/soa-suite-11g-handbook- chapter-complements