1. Davis Opoku Ansah, July 2011Co-Founder of Youth Economic Dialogue (YED)www.yedweb.orgwww.facebook.com/yedafrica
2. © 2011 Internet Users in Ghana in 2000 email@example.com 30,000 Internet Users in Ghana by March 2011 1,297,000Davis Opoku Ansah User Growth from 2000 to 2011 4,223.3 % March 31, 2011 - Facebook Users Alone in Ghana 906,540
3. © firstname.lastname@example.org The National Communications Authority (NCA)Davis Opoku Ansah indicates that as at the end of December 2010, more than 17.34 million Ghanaians owned mobile phones in the country.
4. Davis Opoku Ansah email@example.com © 2011 Wiktionary“Interactive digital media”-
5. Davis Opoku Ansah firstname.lastname@example.org © 2011
6. Davis Opoku Ansah email@example.com © 2011
7. © 2011  Mostly young people use firstname.lastname@example.org  Quick way to communicate with both our members and our voters  Cheaper  Easy to illustrate and explain our ideas The internet is always thereDavis Opoku Ansah   Web 2.0 offers two-way communication, new quality of Interaction  Possibilities even when access to classical media is restricted
8. © 2011  Spread and piggyback your message (adopt a message)email@example.com  Raise money; increase income, market value, influence  Create, increase and reinforce trust (get recommendations)  Identify, target, organize, mobilize supportersDavis Opoku Ansah  Put supporters to work in the real world  Influence & manage public perception (reputation)  Data-mine, Crowd source, get feedback/insights Gain an advantage over the competition
9. © firstname.lastname@example.org THE ULTIMATE GOAL  Getting People to Act on Your BehalfDavis Opoku Ansah  Every supporter is a potential outreach hub in his or her social environment
10. Davis Opoku Ansah email@example.com © 2011
11. © 2011  Huge variety, almost unlimited firstname.lastname@example.org  Depends on the region / organisation what serves you best  Choose intentionally which instruments to use, don„t try to be everywhere  Growing competition for attention, be special /Davis Opoku Ansah interesting / funny / unique etc.  It„s all about interconnection, try to link as much as possible  Quality counts!
12. © 2011 Easy to stay in touch, low inhibition threshold email@example.com  first contact to a group.  Facebook is probably the best Internet social networking website for generating votes, volunteers, supporters and donationsDavis Opoku Ansah
13. © 2011 Facebook Group Facebook Pagedavis@yedweb.org  It allows you to build a community  you are actually able to of campaign fans who will interact and send out bulk email comment on your page, view your messages to everyone who Facebook posts, photos and links, and joins your group, as long as check back for more information and that group doesn‟t go over updates about a candidate. 5,000 members.  easier to hack and personalize, with  It‟s a very powerful ability options to import from your political campaign website and auto-create a to have in a politicalDavis Opoku Ansah post in your “notes” tab whenever you campaign, and it basically publish something on your personal means that every person blog. who becomes a member of your Facebook group is part  you can integrate them into your of your own personal political campaign website and candidate email list. encourage visitors to become fans right on your homepage
14. Davis Opoku Ansah firstname.lastname@example.org © 2011
15. © 2011 18-29 year old consumers use text email@example.com  more often than voice to communicate.  On average, 94% of text messages are read.Davis Opoku Ansah  80% of consumers keep their mobile with them all day.
16. © 2011 General information about the candidate with firstname.lastname@example.org  link to a You Tube video.  Contests with prizes  Trivia Questions that offer a fun, unique way to get info out about your partyDavis Opoku Ansah  Announce Special Events or Candidate Speeches  “Who am I?” Which involves choosing the correct candidate or political party from a list of clues
17. © 2011 effective New Media Campaigning can offer such a rich, personalized experience for voters and email@example.com such a large audience that omitting it from a political media strategy shows an over-reliance on campaign tactics of the past.Davis Opoku Ansah