Extending OpenShift Origin: Build Your Own Cartridge
Presenters: Jhon Honce
Cartridges allow developers to provide services running on top of the Red Hat OpenShift Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). OpenShift already provides cartridges for numerous web application frameworks and databases. Writing your own cartridges allows you to customize or enhance an existing service, or provide new services. In this session, the presenter will discuss best practices for cartridge development and the latest changes in the OpenShift cartridge support.
* Latest changes made in the platform to ease cartridge development
* OpenShift Cartridges vs. plugins
* Outline for development of a new cartridge
* Customization of existing cartridges
* Quickstarts: leveraging a cartridge or cartridges to provide a complete application