1. Living Labs Added Value: from Outputs to Outcomes Customer Relationship DirectorEsa Ala-Uotila Tampere University of Applied Sciences, New Factory / Suuntaamo Living Lab, Tampere, Finland User-driven Open Innovation ecosystems go really local… across borders May 23th, 2012 www.tamk.fi
2. Target Level for Tampere Innovation Culture
3. ”Collision system”- Meeting places - research, development and innovation environments (to be used also as learning environments for students) - need further development and internalization (f. ex. New Factory including Demola and Suuntaamo, Healthy Sleep Facilities etc.) - companies, researchers, specialists, consultants, teachers, students and especially product and service users are all involved - The Living Lab Network of Universities of Applied Sciences “Neloskierre”, ENoLL - domestic and foreign partnership networks to create demand and user driven innovations and localize products and services from Tampere Region SMEs to different market areas and vice versa
5. Demola as Innovation Platform EngineCombines fresh ideas of students with needs and supportfrom project partners and customers• Focuses on creative action, does not produce papers!• Turns needs, ideas and knowledge into demos of products and services• Creates new jobs and businessOperated by Hermia Ltd.
6. Initial concepts and guidancecome from project partners• Real market potential• Interesting project topics and valuable experienceOperated by Hermia Ltd.
7. Students own the intellectualproperty and results created in theproject!• Possibility to start own business based on IPR created in demo projectOperated by Hermia Ltd.
8. Benefit for partners and teams!• Project partner can buy a license to project results or become a shareholderOperated by Hermia Ltd.
9. Some outcomes (February 2012)• Company projects done 170• Students involved 940 (1/3 international students)• Already employed students 80• Results licensed 93%• Payments from companies to student groups 610.000• Start-ups 18Operated by Hermia Ltd.
12. Contact information: Mr. Esa Ala-Uotila,Customer Relationship Director, R&D and Education Services firstname.lastname@example.org tel. +358 50 568 5352 www.tamk.fi