1. .Update on the launch of GeoServer and ODC’s online-libraryPhnom Penh Mapping Meetup #15By: Sreng Saren & Mean Naro
2. What is GeoServer? GeoServer is an open-source software server writtenin Java that allows users to share and edit geospatialdata. Designed for interoperability, it publishes data fromany major spatial data source using open standards.
3. What is GeoServer? GeoServer is the reference implementation of theOpen Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Web FeatureService (WFS) and Web Coverage Service (WCS)standards, as well as a high performance certifiedcompliant Web Map Service (WMS). GeoServer forms a core component of the GeospatialWeb.
4. GeoSever – Data ProcessingDATAFrom LocalComputerWindow SeverPublish and Share
5. GeoServer – Data SourcesVector Data Sources Directory of spatial files (shapefiles) - Takes a directory ofshapefiles and exposes it as a data store PostGIS - PostGIS Database PostGIS (JNDI) - PostGIS Database (JNDI) Properties - Allows access to Java Property files containingFeature information Shapefile - ESRI(tm) Shapefiles (*.shp) Web Feature Server - The WFSDataStore represents aconnection to a Web Feature Server. This connectionprovides access to the Features published by the server, andthe ability to perform transactions on the server (whensupported / allowed).
11. GeoServer – Output It can be used with other map applications such as : Arc GIS 10.1 (Arc Map) WMS http://18.104.22.168:8080/geoserver/wms? http://22.214.171.124:8080/geoserver/wfs? Quantum GIS (Geojson) WFS http://126.96.36.199:8080/geoserver/Admininstrative_Boundary/ows?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&typeName=Admininstrative_Boundary:Communces2011&maxFeatures=50&outputFormat=json Geocommons http://geocommons.com/ And other applications.
12. GeoServer – Output
13. GeoServer – Output
14. GeoServer – Output
15. NewGenLib(NGL) Library NewGenLib is an open-source library management systemdeveloped by Verus Solutions Pvt Ltd (India). It was released in March 2005. More than 2500 libraries across 30 countries are usingNewGenLib Library.
16. NewGenLib(NGL) Features Functional modules are completely web based,using Java Web Start Technology Uses Open-source component Capabilities – Complies with internationalstandards Support Unicode OS independent – Window and Linux Customizable OPAC interface
17. NewGenLib(NGL) on ODC
18. NewGenLib(NGL) on ODCThe online resource center contains nearly a thousandsearchable and they are available to download. We keep addingnew documents.