1. One Of The Beautiful City In The World
Powerpoint by Canberk BELIBAGLI
Music : Francis Goya - La raggazia di blue
2. Venice is a city in northern Italy.
3. The carnival of Venica was first recorded in 1268. The subversive nature of
the festival is reflected in the many laws created over the centuries in Italy
attempting to restrict celebrations and often banning the wearing of masks.
Masks have always been a central feature of the Venetian carnival;
traditionally people were allowed to wear them between the festival of Santo
Stefano ( St. Stephen’s day, December 26) at the start of the carnival season
and midnight of Shrove Tuesday.
4. Venice is the most popular place of
carnivals,crazy parties since 1600.
5. The story of carnival is,fancy women were
took masks for hide theirself.
6. Then ministers recognized many women
which took masks.
7. In 1800 %60 of women took masks.
8. Then the government announced;people can
take a mask only except religious carnivals.
9. Then people celebrated to this law with a
10. They called this carnival ’Spring Carnival’
11. The carnival starts at 25th of January,and
ends 5th of February.
12. There are some kinds of masks which use at
13. The Masks
14. Some masks at the Carnival of VeniceVenetian
masks can be made in leather or with the original
15. The original masks were rather simple in
design and decoration and often had a
symbolic and practical function.
16. Nowadays, most of them are made with the
application of gesso and gold leaf and are all
hand-painted using natural feathers and
gems to decorate.
17. Carnevale In Venice
• Masks, maschere, are an
important part of the
carnevale festival and
Venice is the best city for
traditional carnival masks.
People also wear elaborate
costumes for the festival and
there are costume or
masquerade balls, both
private and public.
Bauta is a "mask which covers the whole
face, with a stubborn chin line, no
mouth, and lots of gilding".
19. It was used also as a device for
hiding the wearer's identity and social
The moretta is an oval mask of black velvet
that was usually worn by women visiting
The larva, also called the volto mask, is
mainly white, and typically Venetian.
22. It is worn with a tricorn and cloak. It is
thought the word "larva" comes from the
Latin meaning "mask" or "ghost".
The Columbine also known as (Columbina
and Columbino) is a half mask often highly
decorated with gold, silver, crystals and
24. It was held up to the face by a baton or tied with
ribbon as with most other venetian masks.
25. Medico Della Peste
The Medico Della Peste with its long beak is
one of the most bizarre and recognisable or
the venetian masks.
26. Traditionally the full face mask is white consisting of
a hollow beak and round eye holes that covered with
crystal discs creating a bespectacled effect.
27. Today, the masks are often more decorative.
28. Architecture of Venice
29. Rialto Bridge is the oldest bridge on the
30. The bridge is one of the most colored place in
31. According to people,the view of Grand
Canal is very beautiful from Rialto
32. St.Marco Square
Square was used for marketplace when square was first built.
33. There are two columnars at the square.On one of
the columnar,there is a statue of Queen Theodora
who was protector of city before St.Marco.
34. On the other columnar,there is a lion which was
made by gold,and represents St.Marco and
35. St.Marco Church
Most people know St.Marco Church as a
Cathedral of Venice.
36. The church represents power of Republic of Sea.
37. In 832,structure of the church was done,then in
883,decoration of the church was done.
38. You can see pictures in the church which tell
Jesus’s life story,miracles,and St.Marco’s life.
39. That is a little bit information of Venice.
Ci vediamo presto
(See you Soon)