Introduction To Oracle DBA
Types of Oracle Database Users :
• The types of users and their roles and responsibilities
depend on the database site.
• A small site can have one database administrator who
administers the database for application developers and
• A very large site can find it necessary to divide the duties of
a database administrator among several people and among
several areas of specialization.
A database administrator's responsibilities
can include the following tasks:
• Installing and upgrading the Oracle Database server and application
• Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements
for the database system.
• Creating primary database storage structures (tablespaces) after
application developers have designed an
• Creating primary objects (tables, views, indexes) once application
developers have designed an
• Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information
given by application developers.
• Enrolling users and maintaining system security.
• Ensuring compliance with Oracle license agreements.
• Controlling and monitoring user access to the database.
• Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database.
• Planning for backup and recovery of database information.
• Maintaining archived data on tape.
• Backing up and restoring the database.
• Contacting Oracle for technical support
Security Officers :
In some cases, a site assigns one or more security officers to a database.
A security officer enrolls users, controls
and monitors user access to the database, and maintains system security
Network Administrators :
Some sites have one or more network administrators. A network
administrator, for example, administers Oracle networking products,
such as Oracle Net Services
Tasks of a Database
Task 1: Evaluate the Database Server Hardware
Task 2: Install the Oracle Database Software
Task 3: Plan the Database
Task 4: Create and Open the Database
Task 5: Back Up the Database
Task 6: Enroll System Users
Task 7: Implement the Database Design
Task 8: Back Up the Fully Functional Database
Task 9: Tune Database Performance
Task 10: Download and Install Patches
Task 11: Roll Out to Additional Hosts
• Oracledbaonlinetraining.com is an oracle DBA online
training provider across the sphere. It has been started to
provide the oracle DBA training for the beginners and
software professionals of the IT industry.
• We are the working pros from reputed organizations with
very high training skills.
• We offer academic project support for graduates with all the
documentation and concepts. We help them in completing
their project with explanation and project execution. Project
submission, project execution, paperwork for the project
with softcopies will be provided in high standards.
• We help the professionals to complete their task according
to their project specifications. Project support for the
organizations can also be done by us with our expert team
Highlights of our Oracle DBA training:
Structured course study materials
Installation and configuration
24X7 voice, chat and mail support
Support after completing the course
We offer the oracle DBA online training in 11g, 10g and 9i versions of
Oracle database system. We also guide you for the certifications
offered according to the skill levels of their own responsibilities and
concepts. Oracle DBA certifications are issued as Oracle Certified
Associate (OCA), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) and Oracle
Certified Master (OCM) depending on the levels of expertise.
Follow Us On: