Parle product mix
To Mrs. Dr. Deepa Ingawale
By Mr. Onkar Narale
Roll no 40 Exam no 533
• In 1929 a small company by the name of Parle products
emerged in British dominated India.
• Started with 12 workers in 60x40 feet area. Turn over is
Rs 50000 per annum.
• The intent was to spread joy and cheer to children and
adults alike, all over the country with its sweets and
• A small factory was set up in the suburbs of Mumbai, to
manufacture sweets and toffees.
• A decade later it was upgraded to manufacture biscuits as
• Parle Products also has 7 manufacturing units and 51
manufacturing units on contract.
• . The year was 1929 and the market was dominated by
famous international brands that were imported freely
• A decade later, in 1939, Parle Products began
manufacturing biscuits, in addition to sweets and toffees.
• Parle Glucose and Parle Monaco were the first brands of
biscuits to be introduced, which later went on to become
leading names for great taste and quality.
• Parle Products has surged ahead of Britannia Industries to
become a clear leader in the Rs 11,000-crore-plus
market, say Nielsen data.
• Parle-G or Parle Glucose biscuits are one of the most
popular confectionary biscuits in India.
• Parle-G is one of the oldest brand names in India and is
the largest selling India.
• the product was instantly recognized by its iconic white
and yellow wax paper wrapper with the depiction of a
young girl, Sonam (Calgary) covering the front.
• The company's slogan is popular among the Indian
consumer population, reading G means Genius.
• The name, "Parle-G", is derived from the name of the
Indian rail station, Vile Parle, where the Parle production
factory is based.
• “Parle-G" boasts of being the largest selling biscuit in the
world. It enjoys 70% market share in India.
• In the year 1997, Parle-G sponsored the tele-serial of the
Indian superhero, Shaktimaan that went on to become a
• Most Parle offerings are in the low and mid-range price
• Parle has nearly 1,500 wholesalers, careering to 4,25,000 retail
outlets directly or indirectly.
FOUNDER : MR. MOHANLAL DAYAL
STARTED : 1928 AT Vile Parle
HEAD OFFICE :Vile Parlea
CHAIRPERSO : MR. VIJAY CHAUVAN
DIRECTOR : MR. ANUP CHAUVAN
COMMERCIAL MANAGER : MR AMOL
• All Parle products are manufactured under the most
hygienic conditions. Great care is exercised in the
selection & quality control of raw materials; packaging
materials & rigid quality standards are ensured at every
stage of the manufacturing process. Every batch of
biscuits & confectioneries are thoroughly checked by
expert staff, using the most modern equipment.