- Most important feature provided by YUI which allows you to create event-driven application in the browser.
- Provides you simplified access to DOM events and browser's Event object.
- The Event Utility package includes the Custom Event object. Custom Events allow you to "publish" the interesting moments or events in your own code so that other components on the page can "subscribe" to those events and respond to them.
- The DataSource Utility provides a common configurable interface for components to fetch tabular data from a variety of local or remote sources.
- The DataSource will request data and then return the response to a callback function.
- It has the capability of going deep into the hierarchy of the source data, selecting specified fields from the raw output, parsing data as indicated and calling the provided callback function when finished.
- The DataSource has an optional local cache to store retrieved and parsed data. It can also be set to periodically poll for data. (Concept of PAGINATION)
For more Info: http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/datasource/