FPL Quiz (1, 2 and 3) 1st one conducted by – Nirmal Joy 2nd one conducted by Chandrakant Nair and Shibin Azad 3rd one conducted by MeenakshiSundar and Muni Darsan
1st FPL Quiz
1) The premier league trophy is made based on the 'three lions' heraldry. 2 of the lions are on either handles of the trophy. Where is the third one ?
The captain holding the trophy
2) This coaching great, started out as a shoe salesman, and never played professional football in his career. When quizzed on that he quipped “I never realized in order to become a jockey, you have to have been the horse first”. He often placed tactics and organization over players, and when his star player questioned him once, he went on to play 10 of his attacking players against 5 of his defenders for 15 minutes, with the attacking side unable to score even once – an experiment which has since become an oft quoted legend. There were much references about him when mourinho famously said “ we gave possession back to barca , so as not to lose our position and shape”. Who am I talking about ?
Arrigosacchi Italy and AC Milan coach. The attacking players included gullit, van basten, rijkaard, donadoni,ancelotti among others. The defense was made up of galli in goal, maldini, baresi, costacurta, and tassotti.
3) Pedro monzon(ARG) , Gustavo dezotti (ARG) , ___________ . Complete with 1 more name. Exhaustive list, with a very specific connect.
ZinedineZidane Straight Reds in the WC Finals.
4) He made his top flight debut on October 18, 2003 , fulhamvswolverhampton wanderers , and his full international debut on 15 november 2005. He had a landmark year in 2010, and became the first person to do something in footballinghistory.As a result, he was also awarded one of the highest honours in his country in 2011.Name the guy please.
Howard Webb In 2010, he became the first person to referee champions league final and WC final in the same year. Was made an MBE in 2011.
The name of the guy in the pic is the portuguese translation of john the baptist. Why is his name famous, in association with the 1982 world cup ?
Joao batista Maradona kicked him in 82 ARG-BRA match and got sent off
6) Why, was Sian Massey , who officiated premier league matches including b'pool-sunderland , and blackpool - aston villa last season, in the news during jan-feb 2011?
Lady official. She was insulted by Andy Gray and hence sacked after that.
7) Perugia in serie a 78-79, Spartaksofia - russian league 1951, Benfica 77-78, Galatasaray in 1985-86. What unfortunate dubious record do they share ?
Teams that could not win their league , despite having an unbeaten run for the whole season
8) X, apart from being a footballer , worked for the geological department in his country. He refused any salary from his club , and his earnings from 19 years of club football, six years as captain, is said to be around 0.5 USD. X was part of a team, that famously beat Ajax amsterdam and Wales in friendlies, after a historic performance in a major tournament. X was also named as one of the best ten skippers in the world by the English FA , in one of their annual yearbooks. Identify X.
Sailen manna Indian captain in the early 1950s
9) Something on football literature .The guardian's famous foootball columnist , Jonathan Wilson, is also the writer of one of the most famous books on football tactics and history, which discusses, and has its name derived from football' transition from a 2-3-5 formation to the modern 4-4-2/4-5-1. Clue : Ariadne dreaming in Egypt.
Inverting the pyramid
10) FC Rossiyanka is a russian club based in krasnomareysk, near moscow. They have been russian championship winners 3 times,and cup winners 5 times. But recent economic downturns have had an effect on their finances and gate collections, and they were in the news for an innovative idea to boost their ticket sales. What was the idea they came up with ?
Its a ladies club. they offered to play in their bikinis
11) Most scholarly authorities say this term/name was probably created within slangy upper class English public schools and universities sometime after the establishment of the FA in 1863 . The usage , turned out to be a codification of the middle part of a certain word, rather than the first part which usually get abbreviated and modified, because using the first 3 letters of the word would have been very embarrassing. Name both words.
Soccer, from association
12) When Spurs lost to Leicester city in the third round of Fa cup in January 2006, The Sun mocked them with the headline, "Tottenham have finally won a trophy' and presented them with the trophy shown below. What is the trophy meant to be for?
Shortest Season Ever Trophy Spurs also lost in the first round of carling cup, and did not play in Europe, and ended up playing the minimum number of games possible for a premier league team, a first till then according to sun.
13) Connect 1. The lions of San Mames, or St. Mammes of Caesarea: who was thrown to the lions and turned them docile.
2. Ottoman turk pirates, who terrorized a certain port city strongly associated with football.
3. A large model of representation of _________ that was built by a group of about 80 apprentices from Cammell Laird's shipyard, for exhibition at the International Garden Festival in Liverpool in 1984, and later moved to a more popular location in liverpool.
Nicknames of Spanish clubs Los Leones (Athletico Bilbao) , Turcos (Deportivo), Yellow Submarines (Villareal ).
This is the homeground of a team that beat the eventual winners Liverpool F.C. 1 – 0 in the first leg of their second round match-up in the 1976–77 European Cup . Named after a local teacher who made contribution to promoting sports in the area. Name the club.
15) This rare football occurrence, has happened only twice in a first class football match, once a semblance of the modern rules came into being.. The first was in 1910, Third Lanark vs Motherwell match. It happened for a second time , in a CopaMercosur tie between VelesSarzfield and Riverplate on August 2, 2000. What was common to both these games?
Goalkeepers from both teams scored goals
16) In Manchester City's last game of a particular season against Manchester United at Old Trafford, this player's back-heel gave City a 1–0 win but, thinking his goal had relegated United, he did not celebrate it (it turned out they would have been relegated even if the match had been drawn but he did not know this at the time), walking off the pitch with his head down as he was substituted immediately afterwards. This game was the last club match of his professional career as well. Name the player.
17) The Catenaccio of the 60s Inter, and Rinus Michael's total football , are perhaps the most talked about tactical systems in football history. The Catenaccio , was virtually rendered obsolete by total football system, especially with landmarks victories Ajax had -2-0 over inter and 6-0 over Milan , in European matches. The Italians, in reply went on to create system , which blended aspects of both catenaccio and total football. The term is much less popular than its predecessors, and a version of it is often quoted in relation to defensive strategies of our time. It did what the orange and total football could not, the most famous exponents of this system being Italy 1982, which of course won the world cup. What was this blended tactical system called ?
18) The fastest goal in international football, was scored by David Gualtieri of San Marino agains England, in 8.3 secs. The second feastest goal, was scored by HakanSuker , in 11 sec. Who scored the third fastest goal, just 12 sec after kickoff ?
I. M Vijayan
19) ID Just identify the guy in the pic, who is iranian born, and who officially has two nationalities, two names, and two date of births.
20) This unique football stadium, derives its popular name from its peculiar shape, resembling that of a chocolate box. Three sides of the stadium are built in the traditional way , with steep stands, while the fourth side is built vertically, with seating rows stacked on top of each other. The stadium is known to vibrate when the fans jump rhythmically, which prompted the popular phrase - "_________ does not shake, it beats (like a heart )". Identify this 49000 seater stadium, which may not bethe largest, but said to have one of the best atmospheres in the world . Give the name of the home team for half points.
La Bombonera Boca Juniors home ground.
21) The 1974-75 division one season was a remarkable one in the premier league. On boxing day, Team X occupied tenth in the table. Even in march, the title looked bound to go to Everton. On march 29 , Everton travelled to bottom table Carlisle, to whom they managed to lose. Everton lost only 2 matches in the entire season, both to Carlisle, who were relegated, and remains the only club to have a hundred percent record against Everton. And team X, from being placed tenth , lost only one game after Christmas, and went on to win the title. Name X.
22) The following images are from times, in 2004. The article is by celebrated football writer Gabriel marcotti, and its about a certain player , who according to him, was a great player , , but whose skills will be useless in the modern game. Identify the player.
23) What unique feat did Belgian Stan Van Den Buy , a Germinal Ekeren player, manage to achieve in January 1995, in his side's 2-3 loss to anderlecht?
Own Goal Hat-trick
24) What, among may be other things, connects – Ajax Amsterdam of Eredivisie , Atalanta of Serie A, Hercules Alicante of La Liga, Club Sportivo Ben Hur Rafaela of Argentina ? Not an exhaustive list.
Clubs named after Fictional Characters
25) 1.Juan carloscorazo . 2.Pablo justo ______ lamarque in 1967.
3.________________ in 2011 ? Fill in the third blank.
Diego Forlan Copa America winning trio of grandfather, father, son.
26) The following was the constitution of group 3/C in a particular world cup. Italy, Paraguay, Sweden, ________. Identify the fourth team.
India 1950 WC
27) This highly secretive body within the premier league is constituted by 3 former football players or football officials. The identity of the members at any time is not revealed, to prevent any undue influence while making their decision. They convene on an ad hoc basis, when 2-3 matters that require their attention happens. What does this body do, and so, what is it called?
Dubious goals committee
28) Famous quote from a legendary player – "Only three people have ever silenced 200,000 people at the Maracanã with a single gesture: Frank Sinatra, Pope John Paul II and I “ I?
29)ID the team from the 1938 WC
Dutch East Indies Team
30)Connect with the EPL 1. The reason why Sir John Spencer Login , (then a British surgeon named Dr login )who was appointed the guardian of a 13 year old, accompanied him to London in 19th century. Also the historic significance of HMS Medea.
2. Something, that is allegedly named after Sri Lanka , and was very much in the news across the world, and watched with envy by millions, in the years 1980-81 and 2011.
1. Sir Login accompanied 13 year old Duleep Singh to gift the Kohinoor diamond to queen Victoria. the diamond was carried in HMS Medea.
2. The Ceylon blue sapphire, Diana's famous engagement ring. The Kohinoor, was cut into a brilliant and put into the queen's crown by Aspersby & Garrard , the royal jewellers. The blue sapphire ring was also made by them . In short , both are crown jewels, and Aspersby and Garrard are the royal jewellers. The connect? They were the ones who made the premier league trophy.
2nd FPL Quiz
1) 1. The eye of the storm (which , incidentally , is Hurricane Katrina). What is the phenomenon (that we are looking at) called ?
Stadium Effect The stadium effect is a phenomenon observed in strong tropical cyclones. It is a fairly common event, where the clouds of the eye wall curve outward from the surface with height
2)Seen here doing something. What and why is he doing it?
Tevez making the West ham crest using his hands. Sign of the Hammers. He did it after scoring his first goal for United as a tribute to the West Ham fans.
3) Club X ( formed in 2010 ) plays its home matches in blue and away matches in white , just like the country Y in which the club X is located . Moreover , the club is owned by the football federation of the country and would not recruit foreign players , the idea being to prepare a team to qualify for world cup . Gimme X and Y .
Pailan arrows(formerly,Indian Arrows) and India
4) In July 2011 , Fenerbache's international friendly with Ukranian champions Shakhtar Donetsk was marred by violence . The Istanbul side was initially told to play two home matches behind closed doors after fans invaded the pitch . However , the Turkish football association later came up with a radical and innovative solution for tackling hooliganism , thereby creating a first of kinds . What did the Turkish FA do ?
Only women and children were allowed for the match
5) X is supposedly the largest Romanian seaport on the Danube and has prominent Indian industrial connections . In Bram Stoker's Dracula , X is the port at which Count Dracula disembarked ship on his escape back to Transylvania. X has recently re-entered popular consciousness due to football reasons . Just identify X .
Galati and Otelul Galati
6)Who is taking the penalty? Id the team as well
Elton John and the Los Angeles Aztecs
7) If you are live in a city where Mercedes Benz have their museum , then which club football team are you likely to follow?
8) Famous snap from the World Cups' shelf . What prompted these fans to flash out the moolah ? What lasting change did this incident result in?
This is Algerian fans protesting alleged fixing between Austria and west Germany in 1982 . The consequence --> all last group stage matches start simultaneously
9)FITB and put Funda 2007 - Mona Singh 2008 - Prachi Desai 2009 - ________ _______ 2010 - Meiyang Chang
BhaichungBhutia Winners of JhalakDhikalaJaa
10) Quote from 2004 , "Please don't call me arrogant, but I'm European champion and I think I'm a ________ ____" . Fill in the blanks
11) The turning point in his life probably was a Level 7 Nuclear Disaster , which forced him to migrate . His nickname means 'seven' in Hebrew , probably the reason why he chose to wear jersey No. 7 at all his major clubs. Who?
12)Whats the occasion?
This is the United-City match without the crests and wearing old jersey replicas to commemorate 50th anniversary of the Munich air disaster
13) From the team X's website about the origin of the name Y : "The link between X and the Y stems originally from a gun battery in 1805 on the River Wear which was renamed the Y battery after the men manning the station heard a mysterious sound from a wailing Y . A hundred years later in 1905, a Y was pictured sitting on a football next to Chairman FW Taylor and three years later a Y featured on a team photograph" X and Y please .
Sunderland and Black Cat
14) "He is the loveliest, most chivalrous, most charming and most professional person . We were each other's life support to make that scene work and to survive what was a really dangerous stunt. There's no one I would have felt safer with than him" - Sharon Stone talking about her co-star in the opening scene of Basic Instinct - 2 . Who was the co-star ?
15)Id the plant/Give Football Connection (colours should help)
Matt Busby Fuchsia
16) These are MohunBagan fans celebrating a victory . Which team have they beaten ? What are they eating ( that curry thingy ie) ?
East Bengal and Prawns
17) Three famous brothers who played football at the highest level . The man X in the centre was the top-scorer in the first ever European cup . However , the most famous among the three is the brother Y on the extreme right . Y is one of only 2 people to achieve a certain feat Z . Gimme X , Y and Z .
X-MilosMilutinovic Y- is Bora Milutinovic , Z- Along with Carlos Alberto Parreira, they are the only two people to have coached five different teams at the World Cup
18) "But all these pretenders were eclipsed by __________ who went with a simple triangle. A simple (equilateral, if you must know) triangle shaped like a backward pointing arrowhead. With this simple but completely unique cut, _________ has shown himself to be a dedicated minimalist with strong cubist leanings. Picasso himself could not have done it better. Contrast the front edge of the triangular patch running perfectly parallel with his eyebrows, in perfect perpendicular juxtaposition to the oblong gap between his front teeth, all framed by his angular face. His entire body during that final was a living homage to post-modern modernism. Danish furniture designers would do well to seek his counsel in refreshing their tired designs. Plastic surgeons have whole new vistas opened up to them as artists. The Guggenheim and MOMA will no doubt be vying with the Vatican for his services" What is being talked about here ? What was the reason for whatever is being talked about here came into existence ? ( I am not looking for the blanks . Both the blanks are the same )
Ronaldo’s Triangle Hair Cut at the 2002 WC Done because his son confused him for Roberto Carlos
19) They officially came into being in 2007 , modelling themselves on violent Italian fan clubs . They support a team that has won the national championship 36 times and the continental championship 6 times . They played a vital role in their country's most important modern historical moment , however they clarified this issue in a facebook statement saying that "as an organization we are determined to remain non-political, but our members are free as individuals to participate". They are famous for some of the most spectacular celebrations in the football world , like 'The Circle of Fire') . Who ? What is the historical moment referenced here ?
Ultras of Al-Ahly Played a major role in in toppling Mubarak in the 2011 Egyptian Revolution.
20)Sand replica of which stadium?
Moses Mabhida stadium in SA
21) Still from a 1930s thriller movie featuring Arsenal and fictional club Trojans . Just identify the man in the centre (who famously quipped in the movie "It's one-nil to the Arsenal. That's the way we like it", a line which was identified with Arsenal's penchant for 1-0 scorelines many decades later ) and tell me his claim to fame as far as sports broadcasting is concerned .
George Allison BBC's first sports commentator and Arsenal's second longest serving coach. and the movie is "Arsenal stadium mystery"
22) The obligatory obscure one : Adolfo Bautista , a Mexican footballer , during his tenure at CD Guadalajara established a record of sorts , which in 100% probability will not be broken . What 'record' ?
His jersey number was 100 . No-one has ever worn a jersey number greater than 100 at the highest level .
23)FITB American Dialect Society's 'Word of the Year' : 1990: bushlips 1991: The mother of all (as in Saddam Hussein's foretold "Mother of all battles") 1992: Not! (meaning "just kidding") 1993: information superhighway 1994: cyber, morph 1995: Web and (to) newt (to act aggressively as a newcomer) 1996: _________ ____ 1997: millennium bug 1998: e- (as in "e-mail") 1999: Y2K 2000: chad (from the 2000 Presidential Election controversy in Florida)
2001: 9-11 2002: weapons of mass destruction (WMDs) 2003: metrosexual 2004: red state, blue state, purple state (from the 2004 presidential election) 2005: truthiness, popularized on The Colbert Report 2006: plutoed (demoted or devalued, as happened to the former planet Pluto) 2007: subprime (an adjective used to describe a risky or less than ideal loan, mortgage, or investment) 2008: bailout (a rescue by government of a failing corporation) 2009: tweet (a short message sent via the Twitter service) 2010: app
24) "At no time did I see X because I was focused only on the ball. Actually, when I think back about it, it was not good at all. Of course the referee should have shown a red card for the foul. That is obvious. I had the feeling that there were people who wanted to harm me. I’ve been public enemy number one on many occasions. Honestly, people treated me like a war criminal after that . It was an unpleasant sensation" So said Y famously about an incident Z that happened in mid 2010. X , Y and Z please .
X-Xabi Alonso Y-Nigel de Jong Z-Kick in the WC Final 2010
25)Connect (not exhaustive) Santiago Bernabeu , Bob Paisley , Lev Yashin , Paul Scholes , Fritz Walter , Franco Baresi
One club men
26) "I think it is the result of our Great Leader's care for our players . Our most valuable player was the Dear Leader, who has struck fear in the hearts of our terrified opponents, and provided greater defence than a thousand full-backs and ten million goalkeepers" . The Dear Leader apparently was in contact with the team during games using mobile phones invisible to the naked eye as they were fitted inside the inner ear canals . However , after a whitewash at the 2010 WC , the team's manager was supposedly sent to perform forced labour at a residential building construction site and this served to undermine the leader's role as 'The People's Athlete' . Identify the team and the great leader referenced here .
Kim Jong Il and North Korea
27)What is happening here?
FC Porto winning the 2010-2011 League This is the Estadioda Luz/Stadium of Light in Lisbon . Porto beat Benfica to clinch the 2010 Portuguese league here . Benfica promptly switched off the lights and turned on the sprinklers to dampen the celebrations. But the players of FC Porto didn’t care and continued celebrating.
28) If AndoniGoikoetxea : Bilbao , then _________ _______ : Turin
Claudio Gentile Claudio Gentile , The Butcher of Turin ( for his hacking efforts vsMaradona in 1982 ) and AndoniGoikoetxea , the butcher of Bilbao
29) Influenced by George Orwell , Banksy , Dalai Lama , Friedrich Nietzsche etc , it was described as a modern stream of socio-political invective, terming the US as a "fascist regime" and calling upon the proletariat to overthrow the capitalist oligarchy . It was also thought by some to be a form of public meltdown (which they preferred to the 'other' brand of public meltdown associated with whatever is being referenced here) . What are we talking about?
Joey Barton’s twitter feed :D
30) This is X speaking about an incident : "It started when we were all doing a bit of karaoke . I only sang one song and that was Red, Red Wine by UB40. That was because JerzyDudek was drinking it. That's how silly it all was. A lot of the lads wanted Y to get up there next because he hadn't turned up at the dinner earlier and I tried to get him up, too. I wasn't that bothered whether he wanted to sing or not so I sat back down, but he wasn't too happy about me trying to get him to sing so he let me know about it" . The question is , how did this incident influence X's next goal celebration ?
Craig Bellamy’s Golf Swing Celebration
3rd FPL Quiz
Women to have dated C. Ronaldo
2) During the course of the 1988-89 season Manchester United played a friendly with Somerset county cricket club. Something happened during that match which has never happened again since . What?
Sir Alex Ferguson played as a Manchester United Player
Origin of the Uefa Champions League Wolves beat Honved coming from behind 2-0 and the English press dubbed them as 'champions of the world Before we declare that Wolverhampton Wanderers are invincible, let them go to Moscow and Budapest. And there are other internationally renowned clubs: A.C. Milan and Real Madrid to name but two. A club world championship, or at least a European one – larger, more meaningful and more prestigious than the Mitropa Cup and more original than a competition for national teams – should be launched. — Gabriel Hanot, editor of L'Équipe
4) It’s the Scottish word for disturbance,racket or crash. Used to describe a goalmouth scramble in which there are a lot of players in the 6 yard box,either trying to score or save the goal. Made famous by Scottish commentators esp.ArthurMontford. Give us the word.
5) "I thought it did not look right," a reader-reporter told Bild. "They had absolutely no inhibitions. Both ___________________”. "The people around them apparently were not disturbed."It did not take long, however, for arena staff to intervene. "The ushers noticed the commotion and urged the two to stop immediately." What recently famous (or rather infamous) incident are we talking about here?
Bayern Munich Fans caught having sex in the stands at a recent match against Hoffenheim.
6) They were relegated in 2010 due to a match fixing scandal for a match dating back to 2006.They were subsequently taken over by a Real Estate firm. They got promoted and subsequently went on to win the championship going on a unbeaten run which was only broken last August. Which team are we talking about?
7)Id this comic strip created by the gentleman shown below
You are the Ref by Paul Trevilion
8) “The alarm bells started ringing when he questioned my decisions. After we lost a home game against Tottenham he started finding fault with Martin Buchan.He also said that he wouldn’t have dropped Bobby Charlton. If he wouldn’t have dropped Charlton, why didn’t he stick in the job himself? That to me was interfering and that made the job untenable.”-Who about Whom?
It was Frank O Farrel about Matt Busby
9)Id the occasion
2010 WC Finals.
10) A----- > B------- >
A pioneered something which B is the most popular exponent of in football. Both have always been in the news but more recently in connection with Arsenal and Hollywood. Enlighten us
A is Billy Beane,the guy who found out Sabrematics. Sabrematics is where you use stats to judge how ood a player is. Was first used in the field of Baseball B is Damien Comolli. He uses it a lot in football. Henderson’s buy was based on this method The Hollywood connect is the movie Moneyball which is based on the sabrematics method in Baseball. Billy Beane’s idol is supposed to be Arsene Wenger according to Stan Kroenke.
11) Rafaeal Moreno Aranzadi was a Spanish striker who played for Athletic Bilbao during the 1910s and 1920s reportedly scoring 468 goals of 287 matches. He was a member of the very first Spanish team which went to Belgium for the Olympics. His name (or nickname) rather resurfaced in the 1950s in a sports newspaper in the region and what happened after??
Pichichi and the Pichichi award The award is given out to the top goal scorer of the La Liga every season. C Ronaldo won it in the 2010-2011 season and also broke the record by doing it.
12)What was the last English club he played for?
Manchester City The player is George Weah
13) It was first composed as a coronation anthem for King George II in 1727 based on verses from King James Bible. It is usually played during coronation ceremonies and royal functions. Its various versions can be seen in movies (Johnny English, The Young Victoria) and radio broadcasts in Britain. Its most famous adaptation was done by Tony Britten,performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and sung by Academy of St.Martin in the fields. What?
Zadok the Priest—UCL Theme
15) The concept was supposedly mooted when Manchester City played Ajax in November 2010. It was created by present Brentford sporting director Mark Warburton. The initial edition has 16 teams supposedly those having the best academies in Europe. What?
NextGen The European championship of Under-19 teams
16)Pictorial representation of?
Goal Line Technology
17) This sleepy city which is the capital of Dagestan in the Chechen border has been war ravaged with many impoverished suburbs. Recently the local administration put across a plan to develop the area. What?
The local administration sold Anzhi to Suleiman Kiriyenov hoping it would develop the surrounding area along with the football club
18) The late Spanish broadcaster Andres Montes has been credited with creating and popularizing but it is said to be in the local lingo since the late 80s. Theories of its origin are related to onomatopoeia or from a juggling toy available in the market. What?
Sunderland FC Logo These are all featured on the Sunderland’s Crest
Sometime in 2008 a debate started to get heated up. The statistic shown on the previous slide was shown as proof by one of the sides to show that their view point is right. The debate is still on and could see another episode in the very near future. What debate?
Is Manchester Red or Blue The graph is the attendances of Utdand City from 1947...includes the time Utdplayed at Maine road and were relegated.
21)Id the footballer
Marta of Brazil. Also known as Pele with Skirts
22) Club X ran into financial troubles trying to renovate their stadium leading to them almost losing their stadium to property developers Marler Estates. The then chairman Y took advantage of a market crash to secure the stadium and hence the future of the club. They then did something almost unprecedented in club history. Give us X & Y for half and what happened afterwards for the rest half.
X—Chelsea FC They Chelsea Pitch Owners (CPO) was formed by a set of fans and they bought the lease for Stamford Bridge
23) “Professional football is something like war. Whoever behaves too properly, is lost”…..Famous quote(or misquote) by?
24) General consensus is that the real or original version of this had defenders man marking all attacking players with a sweeper or libero in front of the goal keeper covering all the loose balls. It is said to have been developed in Austria, Is considered a big step in the development of the tactical strategic game. What?
Catenaccio Made famous by Helenio Herrera’s Inter Milan in the 60s. Won two European Championships with this tactic before being defeated by Ajax who used the total football tactic.
25) Described by Guardian as one of the most famous moments in football history. What?
Monty Python Football Sketch
26)FITB and give funda Peter Beardsley, Steve Hodge, Peter Reid, Terry Butcher, Terry Fenwick, _______________
Peter Shilton Goal of the Century. Maradonna dribbled past all of these players and scored a fantastic goal that has been christened the goal of the century. Argentina vs England in the 1986 WC
27) According to popular legend he is believed to be the one who inspired Alessandro del Piero ,Hidetoshi Nakata, FransescoTotti among many other s to take up football. His other fans include Messi ,Zidane etc. Such is his popularity that aid trucks in Iraq used to have his posters. His club career started in Brazil after which he moved to Barca. He is still cult hero in his homeland and regarded as the main reason for emergence of soccer there. Who?
Captain Tsubassa/Flash Kicker Japanese anime about football.
The dude in picture was recently tipped for a job presently held by his former mentor. He is presently employed in his mentor’s previous job and has already gone better than what the latter achieved. Give both the names for the point
DraganStojkovic His mentor is Arsene Wenger He is currently the manager of Nagoya Grampus where Arsene Wenger also had a stint.
29) Founded in October 4th,1945 by the former Communist resistance wing of the Yugoslav army,its an umbrella organization for 26 clubs in 26 disciplines all of which have grown to be world famous. They broke of from the army in 1953 and has hence gone on to a lot of success domestically and in Europe. Among them they played in the first ever European cup match, the first eastern European club to reach the European cup finals and also the first club from their country to appear in the Uefa Champions League. Which club or organization?
Partizans and Partizan Belgrade
30) It was originally known as Dog Kennel Lane. But after construction became one of the biggest capacity stadiums in England. Has hosted 18 FA Cup Semi Finals,1 Football League Cup final,4 Charity Shield Matches and 11 Rugby League Championship Finals. It recorded the highest attendance ever in a club stadium in England during an FA Cup tie in 1934. It also holds the record for the highest attendance in a league match during the 1948 season. Due to its large capacity it has been called the ‘Wembley of the North’. Which Stadium?